News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Really? Improve my team and become 8th in the east? Really? Don't think it will be that bad for me
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ty

Miles Peters, 'Miles Above'?

Yeah, the Rogers Neighbourhood one was decently good, considering what you were working with pun wise, i do give you credit.

James, you've helped me filter ideas in that past, no shame in using me. If it werent for you and your 'Kool Under Pressure' idea (which was brilliant btw), I would have used inKreased Performance. Still better than How do you spell cool? Krease one...

Flanders you did kinda go a bit lazy with though. Flanders... Commander Flanders duh

GM Franchise

I almost went the Simpsons route and went the Alaska heritage route instead...yeah, should've gone Simpsons with it.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

Rob.  Big Bang Chang, Come join the Chang Gang, Who Rang? Just Chang, something about praises to be sang... Rhymes + Pun = Gold

for Cunningham, 'The most Cunning Man' Scott Cunningham. or 'His opponents go 'oh damn' when they play Scott Cunningham'

Tons of gold :)

Dorling

Quote from: GM Franchise on March 28, 2013, 02:57:22 AM
I almost went the Simpsons route and went the Alaska heritage route instead...yeah, should've gone Simpsons with it.

Surely it would be The Sampsons in FBL world...?

Nice to see pretty much all of you have written off the Aces and any of my players from any awards!

Rob

Yup, same here Chris with my Diamonds, I'm not bothered though. There was all this pressure for me to get to the play-offs last season once everyone started saying I had a good team... I don't want that at all
SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

Quote from: Dorling on March 28, 2013, 03:25:05 AM

Nice to see pretty much all of you have written off the Aces and any of my players from any awards!

Hey I put Shack on my list for All FBL team, lol.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Rob

Quote from: Trumpers on March 27, 2013, 07:11:08 PM
To clarify the donate button for FBL is not the one on EFK.

It is the one on www.tfwf.net or t_f_w_f_wrestling@hotmail.com with a paypal transfer.

Thanks, my first stag do is in a weeks time so I will toast a few beers to your geneoristy gents and lady.

Seeing as most people blanked this. I donated £10. I'm sure it would be nice if we were all to show a bit of appreciation for this wonderful game Ian has created in which we all spend so much of our time obsessing over ;)

Quote from: Jon on March 27, 2013, 08:19:25 PM
Q'S CORNER: SEASON 12 PRE-SEASON ADDITION

A lot of moving, signing, and trading took place over the offseason heading into a very exciting Season 12. The addition of new expansion teams, San Diego and Birmingham, made teams scramble to find the missing pieces to a FBL Championship run.

We saw some one sided trades, we saw some eye popping signees, and we saw some legends return to the FBL.

Here is my breakdown on the offseason and my predictions for Season 12.

----------

TOP 5 FREE AGENT SIGNINGS
1. Boston - Cheese King
2. Roswell - Scottie Fletcher
3. Seattle - Vernon Davis
4. Puerto Rico - Larry Stevens
5. Hollywood - Harry Allan

----------

TOP 5 WORST FREE AGENT SIGNINGS
1. Puerto Rico - Marcus Wear
2. Pittsburgh - Leeroy Marks
3. Providence - Davis Newton
4. Hollywood - Sammy Bach
5. Montana - Craig Gary

----------

TOP 10 ACQUISITIONS VIA TRADE
1. Mississippi - Ernie Bell, Dennis Reigns, Ronnie Stanza
2. Anchorage - Bolak Huir
3. Pittsburgh - Creed Jackson
4. Anchorage - Lucic Chanchenko
5. Honolulu - Kolo Rolo
6. San Diego - Bonba Elbomu
7. Puerto Rico - Dre Majors
8. Anchorage - Gary Boldeer
9. Tampa Bay - Bernie Class
10. Anchorage - Rey Rodrigo

----------

TOP 5 WORST ACQUISITIONS VIA TRADE
1. Hollywood - Echo Walls
2. Providence - Nick Bliss
3. Wyoming - Brock Landers, Melvin Smarts
4. Boise - Tony Luco
5. Wyoming - Darren McGwire

----------

TOP 5 BONEHEADED MOVES OF THE OFFSEASON
1. GM T(errorist)Bone unable to get rid of Cheese King, almost costing himself his job in the process.
2. GM Franchise signing first year and unproven HC Oswald Touche to $7.00mil contract.
3. GM Black Death signing Moses Franks.
4. GM Jon making up some random college coaches name and scaring off potential AHC, Ben Legacy.
3. GM Franchise trading for Chi Chi Gonzalez and then not being able to sign him.

----------

SEASON 12 STANDINGS PREDICTIONS
Western Conference
1. Anchorage Glaciers
2. Seattle Toppers
3. Las Vegas Aces
4. Roswell Aliens
5. Hollywood Stars
6. Montana Bears
7. San Diego Seagulls
8. Boise Spuds
9. Honolulu Volcanoes
10. Wyoming Wolves

Eastern Conference
1. Kentucky Hayseeds
2. Texas Stallions
3. Puerto Rico Waves
4. Virginia Colonials
5. Mississippi Steamers
6. Tamps Bay Dragons
7. Boston Bells
8. Providence Diamonds
9. Pittsburgh Blades
10. Birmingham GreenHornets

----------

SEASON 12 PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS
Western Conference
Glaciers over Aliens
Aces over Toppers

Aces over Glaciers

Eastern Conference
Hayseeds over Colonials
Stallions over Waves

Stallions over Hayseeds

FBL Championship
Stallions over Aces

----------

SEASON 12 AWARD PREDICTIONS

MVP: Kamil Bennett - Kentucky
DPotY: Bolak Huir - Anchorage
6th Man: Larry Stevens - Puerto Rico
Rookie of the Year: Cam Drake - San Diego

All FBL Team
PG: JJ Rogers
SG: Damore Richards
SF: Troy Marshall
PF: Kamil Bennett
C: Corbin Dallas

----------

And that'll do it for this addition of Q's Corner. Hope you enjoyed. Until the next time...

Q OUT!

I don't think you can judge who's a good and bad trade until these players have played some games. You call Davis Newton a bad free agent signing but I wanted a cheap bench player that could play both PF and SF and that's what I got. I don't see what's so bad about that. Everyone's so quick to pass judgment on the Nik Bliss trade but you've not seen him play a single game for me yet. And finally, I don't see how I am 8th in the East now? I have a player that actually plays in the PF position, Cunningham and Apollo have both improved, I have a dedicated, focused captain, I have potentially the best coaching set up in the entire FBL. Both worked wonders to get Foster, playing in the wrong position and Kradle, a bad choice all round, to go on an 8 game winning streak which included beating the FBL Champions.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ty

No worries Rob, he also noted that my trade to obtain my backup combo guard (who last year called Boise the perfect place for him to be) and my assistant coach (when on a tight budget) a bad trade. Ill show him yet

I see both 8th place picks from his predictions making the payoffs.

Jon

Quote from: Dorling on March 28, 2013, 03:25:05 AM

It's you against the FBL, remember?

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Further super thanks to...

JReb, Jon, Dorling, Rob and Strike for their donated cash to the 'we love fbl fund' which is mirroring as me using it for said celebrations in a few weeks.

Guys I am very overwhelmed thanks very much!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Steven

Don't count Roswell out early this season. I'm loving the look of this team!

J-Reb

Quote from: Steven on March 28, 2013, 10:00:27 AM
Don't count Roswell out early this season. I'm loving the look of this team!

Roberts looks like an absolute steal for you.  Make sure you appreciate Mark Brown!

Cory

So anyone wanna hook a brother up with an excel of info? :D

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Dorling

Quote from: Cory on March 28, 2013, 10:17:32 AM
So anyone wanna hook a brother up with an excel of info? :D

I'll have mine done tonight mate, I'll put it on the boards.