Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

Quote from: Totally TyTy on May 28, 2013, 11:23:41 AM
The dog's bollocks are good? That sounds like beastiality to me

Not in that way! Turn of phrase! The Bulldog is a symbol of our British grit, power and spirit, therefore his bollocks are majestic and strong. They are good.

Ty

Quote from: Dorling on May 28, 2013, 11:45:45 AM
Not in that way! Turn of phrase! The Bulldog is a symbol of our British grit, power and spirit, therefore his bollocks are majestic and strong. They are good.

So thats why some Americans are on a mission to get rid of them all, gotcha

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I dont think that Jacko and Dorling are brilliant at the game as they are just sensible people who make sensible points and think well sensibly.

TyTy has been in a job 2 weeks into the season, tried to move Flash Davis who was upset about his treatment in Las Vegas as a starter and claimed to have found a home in Boise...out as a starter after announcing him as the starter mere weeks before. Followed by not knowing who his team was playing and then trying to argue with one of the more demanding owners in the league.

Franchise hired a coach he knows nothing about, tried to make himself a shooting expert for the team. Realized his coach was a FBL fan not a coach, continued asking bizzare questions and has once more done a fine job of assembling crap players.

Any scouting report on Duke Briscoe would have said he had an attitude problem and needs to be handled with kid gloves.

Rebs is trying to put all his offense through one man and then asked him to give more than what he can give on offense when he surrounded him with scorers who would have failed Franchise's scoring camp.

Jon found a way to insult his coach off the back and hired Mene Gene Okerland as his Assistant

Like I said. Jacko and Dorling just make sensible decisions, I would put Strike in that category now as well with Justin occassionally making a little hiccup he'd be there also. The scouting stuff is there to scout guys well, you got to make sure you are scouting players who will benefit your team at positions you want. How many of you wasted PR on scouting guys that you couldnt get in the draft? And then drafted someone else entirely different...plus all this sharing sneak peaks at reports makes no sense if your in competition with one another.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love running this game and the speed bumps whoever said that is dead on, put in there to make it fun and exciting during the season, but to be honest...most the time you guys create speed bumps and I aint got to do anything lol.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Black Death

in other words , we make tripping  ourselves up little to easy for you .

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Dorling

Quote from: Trumpers on May 28, 2013, 12:14:15 PM
I dont think that Jacko and Dorling are brilliant at the game as they are just sensible people who make sensible points and think well sensibly.

This is exactly it. I never think about other teams, only my own. I know when I have a good thing and never trade away good players if I don't need to. I think I've still only made 2/3 trades with other players, most of my team building has been through effective use of the free agency pool and the draft - even that I have completely avoided twice.

Quote from: Trumpers on May 28, 2013, 12:14:15 PM
Like I said. Jacko and Dorling just make sensible decisions, I would put Strike in that category now as well with Justin occassionally making a little hiccup he'd be there also. The scouting stuff is there to scout guys well, you got to make sure you are scouting players who will benefit your team at positions you want. How many of you wasted PR on scouting guys that you couldnt get in the draft? And then drafted someone else entirely different...plus all this sharing sneak peaks at reports makes no sense if your in competition with one another.

I never got this either. Having scouting reports can be a massive advantage. My PR is always maxed out so I get 1/2 reports and I always use them for lower rated guys that have potential upsides in their descriptions. I've only ever had to pick blind once...and that was a bad move.

Ty

I dont really see it that way as all. Flash was originally never announced as a starter, he was the backup PG. I announced him as starter only for the games, never mentioned it for the season. And, am I really arguing with my owner lol, seems more trying to defend myself.

Dorling

I think the issue Ty, is that Flash was started and then panned in Vegas. Regardless of whether you stated in pre season if he would be the number 1, you started him and then panned him. Of course he isn't happy.

Ty

Okay, that makes sense

Jon

In my defense, I googled quiffy and it told me it was slang for a queer.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Rob

I can assure you I've never been called quiffy. Except when I used to have a quiff.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Hondo

Quote from: Rob on May 28, 2013, 01:51:06 PM
I can assure you I've never been called quiffy. Except when I used to have a quiff.

Im totally calling you quiffy from now on.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

jagilki

I'm not 100% fully awake.  Really bad day at work (stress wise, as there is drama) but, was Nick Shaw asking me if I thought he was a bench player?

Ty

Coaches have a presence on the bench?  Some sports call them bench bosses, maybe thats what he meants

jagilki

That's what I was hoping, hence my reply to him.

GM Franchise

Ty, I hope your owner doesn't misinterpret your moving on comment.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible