News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 08, 2013, 02:20:35 AM
I'm excited. This'll be my first expansion draft to participate in. Looking forward to it.

Now the question I pose to you, based on your rep and inability to secure tight contracts, would you seek to do a huge trade (like the, who was it, Bennet for first overall pick a few years back) or do you gamble high and hope for a good pick?

Strike

Quote from: Totally TyTy on June 08, 2013, 02:22:30 AM
Now the question I pose to you, based on your rep and inability to secure tight contracts, would you seek to do a huge trade (like the, who was it, Bennet for first overall pick a few years back) or do you gamble high and hope for a good pick?

Masterminding that one with Cory (Anchorage's first overall for a first rounder Texas had that turned out to be Bolak Huir for Kamil Bennett) and then getting a deal done with Fisk to get Damore Richards and Chris Jones for Kris Keys, Vlakov and a second rounder for S10...

Fucking hell, why did I call Redford Shack that season? WHY?!?!?! D:

Rob

Prancy in the expansion draft... THIS will be entertaining
SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

Quote from: Totally TyTy on June 08, 2013, 02:22:30 AM

Honestly it would depend on scouting reports and the information in them, draft positioning, strength of the expansion draft players when I'm up to draft, and the contracts of said players when they sign. But that's a long way off so I'm not even thinking about trading nor did the thought of doing that enter my mind until reading your post.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Quote from: Rob on June 08, 2013, 02:28:24 AM
Prancy in the expansion draft... THIS will be entertaining

Oh yeah. It's going to be very interesting.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ty

Its intriguing for sure, he has the experience to make this expansion draft... unique. If he gets Dorling or Hondo (whatever conference he's in, the other one) to help him form a plan, he can do some major damage and form an awesome team.

James, I say entertain offers on your picks. In theory, you could build a team of players already signed to contracts

Ty

Take the mystery out of it lol, let someone else take the risk, You could totally pull it off :)

GM Franchise

Right now I'm waiting for about 10 trade offers from the moment this season ends...  :D

GM Franchise

And out of those 10 trade offers 9 will be from Ty.  :P

Ty

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 08, 2013, 02:40:46 AM
And out of those 10 trade offers 9 will be from Ty.  :P

We will see, Im already on the market for good trades

Strike

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 08, 2013, 02:36:37 AM
Right now I'm waiting for about 10 trade offers from the moment this season ends...  :D

From somebody who has had experience with the expansion draft...wise use of the scouting reports will help make the decision on whether you're better off sticking to your draft picks or looking to make some trades.

Also...the expansion draft should be filled with its fair share of folks. Thus...um...try not to go after bench player after bench player, maybe? *shrug*

Strike

Quote from: Totally TyTy on June 08, 2013, 02:41:43 AM

Phil Kessel in exchange for a 2010 first-round pick, a 2010 second-round pick, and a 2011 first-round pick?

I'm sorry, I had to. <_<

GM Franchise

I know who to avoid in the draft. It's easy to pick them out actually because most of the guys to avoid have been on my teams before.  :D

Quote from: Totally TyTy on June 08, 2013, 02:41:43 AM

Maybe and maybe not. Depends on if people are willing to deal and from what I've seen there's been less and less of that as seasons have gone along.

Ty

Quote from: Chris Strike on June 08, 2013, 02:43:26 AM
Phil Kessel in exchange for a 2010 first-round pick, a 2010 second-round pick, and a 2011 first-round pick?

I'm sorry, I had to. <_<

Hmm...  wait, thats a catch 22. I cant trade him or accept the trade...

Im a  habs fan, screw both teams

Rob

Realistically you just need a good knowledge of the players going in. I drafted in some good players but they ended up playing out of position or started when they shouldn't. Your knowledge should help you in that aspect.
SixersEagles

[/center]