News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Quote from: PapaPancho on July 02, 2013, 02:52:38 PM
That was before he fired him for visiting his dead aunt.

Never fired him, hell I never said a bad thing TO Maurice, i told him he could have the week off. I asked Legacy to be the coach next year, because it was very clear Mays wasnt returning.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Dorling

Quote from: T-Dependence on July 02, 2013, 02:49:35 PM
Superleague is probably more likely than an expansion team.

But if he isn't protected he has to go into the expansion draft, so teams will at least have an opportunity to negotiate with him before he rejects and disappears to Europe or Canada.

J-Reb

It seemed obvious to ask him why.  Why would someone ask for a week off, especially when they could just not show-up if they wanted to piss in your cornflakes.  I think that's ultimately what got you in hot water.

Cory

So after giving Coach Mays the week off to handle his stuff, giving him no isses, breakdown what I said.

QuoteCoach Mays has informed me that he will not be joining the team next week. I've come to the decision that he no longer wants to be apart of this team.

- Didn't bash him for taking the week off, so theres no "gave him shit for seeing his ill Aunt", and Mays was unsure if he was going to return to Tampa for the last few weeks. Due to his two absent weeks, it became clear he wasn't fully committed to the team, ESPECIALLY missing the final week where its all or nothing for the playoffs.

QuoteYou were 2-0 in Maurice's first absence and your going to lead the team this week and try and get us into the playoffs. Id love to offer you the head coaching position here for Tampa next season Mr. Legacy

- Still have yet to take a shot at Maurice for taking time off, and offered Legacy a formal offer to be the head coach. Not figures, now "Id love to offer you a 5 million  @ 4yr deal" or anyting. Simply asking him to be the head coach next season.

QuoteNow I was going to come to you this week regardless of Maurice's decision to leave, because I wanted to see if you could tell me whats been going on with this team the last two weeks. From 10-2 to 0-4 there is something off.... was it Coach Mays?

- Again, a very fair question. Maurice had entered this DIVA mode and we went 0-4 during that time. I asked if there was something off about Coach Mays....he could have said there was a personal problem (his Aunt) or ANYTHING

I still think im getting a very raw end of the deal here.

J-Reb

If one of my employees came up to me and said, "I need the whole week off," my first question would be - "is everything OK?"

It's easy to circle back and see how insensitive it may have seemed.

Dorling

Perhaps your previous reputation for not exactly being caring and concerned about your coaches meant Legacy thought you were pulling the bull in a china shop routine again.

Ty

I wonder if JJ leaving if we will get to see Krease as a PG

Cory

Thats fair but the big issue seems to be me asking Legacy to be the head coach....when Mays clearly hinted he was leaving

QuoteYeah I guess, look I am not 100 percent sure THIS is going to work, but I will ride out the season here looking to give the guys my best...

I think it was fair, especially giving Mays missing the all or nothing week, to formally offer him the job. Bad timing, perhaps a little, but to blow up like this is harsh I think.

I understand with my rep maybe, but I think I should be able to explain it....and if I lose em I guess thats punishment enough, but if Hayes and Jones go holy fuck man.

¿PapaPancho?

QuoteI think it was fair, especially giving Mays missing the all or nothing week, to formally offer him the job. Bad timing, perhaps a little, but to blow up like this is harsh I think.

This is the EXACT same mistake you did with Rekov last season.

Cory

My concern is Jones and Hayes wanting to leave. They were appalled at the way Coach Mays was treated which can only be: A) Me looking for a new head coach  B) Me giving him shit/no caring about his aunt.

A) He already said he was going to finish this season out and that was it. We were going to have to find a new head coach.

B) I didn't give him any trouble about taking the week off, nor even said anything "behind him back" about taking the week off.

Rob

No amount of debating is going to change anything
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Yeah, I suppose my only chance it to correlate all this into the press conference, try and salvage anything.

Rob

In a way yes, I wouldn't go over the top saying "It's his fault not mine!!!!"

You can probably save the team this week by bringing up the fact you're in the play-offs now
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ty

Quote from: Cory on July 02, 2013, 03:17:44 PM
Yeah, I suppose my only chance it to correlate all this into the press conference, try and salvage anything.

If I learned anything, its that you can try to salvage but honestly, role through and try to survive it

GM Franchise

The end of the season has been more chaotic than I  ever imagined it would be.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible