News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Providence Diamond on July 08, 2013, 05:10:26 AM
The interview process is non-existent. Everyone wants a HC and an AC yesterday.

People too worried about existing chaotic Coaches that they forget about new chaotic coaches.

Rob

Heh, absolutely. Don't sign the crazy guys but definitely sign the guy that can only string "I basketball" together because he's new.

SixersEagles

[/center]

Jennifer

I suppose it's a gamble; you go for a new guy and it's a chance that they're actually decent. We KNOW the likes of Franks and Callahan suck.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

Quote from: Jennifer on July 08, 2013, 05:56:03 AM
I suppose it's a gamble; you go for a new guy and it's a chance that they're actually decent. We KNOW the likes of Franks and Callahan suck.

Exactly....I like was saying in the shoutbox last night. You either take a gamble or get someone whose proven crazy/sucks at this stage for Assistant coaches. My case:

Flips, Simpson, Franks, Rodick, Callahan, are all complete shit.

Cappy is a drunk, whose PR for rehab didnt work last season,

Phil Bull was rediculous....another top Franchise signing, Tweed Bellham has no experience, Father Mura only ever taught kids basketball...wouldnt be surprised if he has like a pedophile angle lol, and Jerry Scott/Shanice Tulls sound like two good ones, but were given to teams/approached teams on their own, so no chance to get them.

So that leaves Hirko for me. A gamble, but a mystery. No one knows if hell be good or bad, but hes not already confirmed to be horrible....so we'll wait and see. But if he's good....he may have info on the Japanese players from the draft this year.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob

Well Borg was a new coach too but thankfully due to my great relationship with Bogolov which Ian mentioned yesterday I got first dibs on him.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Quote from: Providence Diamond on July 08, 2013, 06:21:52 AM
Well Borg was a new coach too but thankfully due to my great relationship with Bogolov which Ian mentioned yesterday I got first dibs on him.

This is still a gamble as my pick tho...Its fair to assume he wont suck because of Bogolivs rating, but he never said how he knew Bogolov or even if he coaches basketball. Lol, this could be like a gambling debt paid off or something outrageous like that.

Rob

Actually, he did say that he and Bogolov coached together before.

Quote from: Trumpers on July 07, 2013, 12:51:19 PM

I work with Vlad many time back, can we do deal on 3 years for 3 million...

Anyway, I don't see that to be as big a gamble as hiring someone who doesn't speak any English. Who knows if he's the right guy for the job? None of us will truly know until the post-training teamsheets and next seasons scout reports.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

My only this thats SOMEWHAT comforting is that guys with no experience/joke are pretty much always rookie....looking at the FA sheet, he has 8 Yrs experience .... I assume Ian would only put that if its Basketball experience....as the only other confirmed Assitant with experience (Jerry Scott coached in college) has 2yrs experience as well.

Rob

Well that's definitely something I suppose. Good move getting him those English lessons though, hopefully they work. I don't know whether my guy has any experience at all as I got him before the updated FA list went out.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

Quote from: Providence Diamond on July 08, 2013, 06:28:02 AM
Actually, he did say that he and Bogolov coached together before.

Anyway, I don't see that to be as big a gamble as hiring someone who doesn't speak any English. Who knows if he's the right guy for the job? None of us will truly know until the post-training teamsheets and next seasons scout reports.

Actually, it says they 'worked' together. Probably in Eastern Europe. There's a lot on non-basketball 'work' in that part of the world.

Rob

Then entertainment will ensue :D
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jennifer

Quote from: Dorling on July 08, 2013, 06:58:55 AM
Actually, it says they 'worked' together. Probably in Eastern Europe. There's a lot on non-basketball 'work' in that part of the world.

I think, given it's Bogolov, who is highly rated and likes Rob, he won't be a dud. He might be Bogolov's variety of eccentric, but not a bad coach.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Jon

Father Mura is looking like a great signing by Bone, if those two "orphans" end up being quality players.

I like Phil Bull, but I'm not sure if he's going to be a good coach or not. He's as much of a ??? as Hirko and Tweed are. Only thing is I'm not sure if he's a basketball coach or a football coach. But he's entertaining nonetheless.

And like Cory said, since Jerry Scott and Shanice Tulls approached other GMs, it's safe to assume they are of average quality at the least.

Tweed learning under Horace Hall is ideal though, so him landing in Montana is important for his development. He Ty gets him to work under Gene Okenfunk... oh man...

And Hirko... could be an amazing assistant or a complete dud. He doesn't strike me as someone who would be a dud though, so I think Cory has himself a decent assistant. Although if he turns out to only speak "I do a basketball...", he might be my favorite out of this crop of coaches.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on July 08, 2013, 09:02:22 AM
I like Phil Bull, but I'm not sure if he's going to be a good coach or not. He's as much of a ??? as Hirko and Tweed are. Only thing is I'm not sure if he's a basketball coach or a football coach. But he's entertaining nonetheless.

This was my thinking as well. He did say in Bone's thread that he coached at both Swansea and Cardiff. Kind of a gamble, could either be decent or a dud much like the others.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

I'm feeling okay about this. I mean, I'll be fielding a few more rookies than I originally intended, but that's alright I suppose.