News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

SECOND ROUND
1. COLORADO HOOKS - Ofal Akanna (SF/SG)
2. BISMARK JAGUARS - Raj Thakar (F/C)
3. SEATTLE TOPPERS - Calvin Addams (PG/SG)
4. PORTSMOUTH DEFENDERS - Bralin Hurtz (PG/SG)
5. SAN DIEGO SEAGULLS - Kenny Wang (PF/C)
6. HONOLULU VOLCANOES - Gray Dawn (PG)
7. VIRGINIA COLONIALS - Jesse Cole (SF)
8. BOSTON BELLS - Roddy McCray (PF)
9. PUERTO RICO WAVES
10. BOISE SPUDS - Pebbles Lane (SG/SF)
11. BIRMINGHAM GREENHORNETS - Jeff Poole (PF/C)
12. BOISE SPUDS - Nariaki Hitomi (PG/SG)
13. SEATTLE TOPPERS - Bill Parkson (PF)
14. MONTANA BEARS
15. PUERTO RICO WAVES
16. PUERTO RICO WAVES

17. BATON ROUGE RIVERBANDITS
18. TAMPA BAY DRAGONS
19. TEXAS STALLIONS
20. SEATTLE TOPPERS
21. BISMARK JAGUARS
22. HOLLYWOOD STARS
23. KENTUCKY HAYSEEDS
24. LAS VEGAS ACES

----------

List of players left in the FBL Draft:

COLLEGE

Rhys Mitchell (PG)
Charles Munson (PF)
Eric Eisen (PG)
Gobble Alot (C)
Henri Jour (PG)
David Bordan (PF)
Jaime Ortega (PG)
Viktor Uzaki (PF/C)

INTERNATIONAL

Kenka Sai (PG)
Nigel Bobblecock (PF)

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Talon

So should I just wait to hear back from my coaching search until after the draft?

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

J-Reb

Quote from: Talon on July 11, 2013, 11:25:58 PM
So should I just wait to hear back from my coaching search until after the draft?

I'm pretty sure you can continue hunting now.  It seems as if Ian has been taking a well-deserved break and taking things slow while the draft creeps along, so just may take him a few days to respond.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Talon on July 11, 2013, 11:25:58 PM

You should continue it. You don't want to end up with Flips and Franks. Just saying.  :)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Dorling

I have a question/suggestion for Ian regarding scouting.

How big a part of the game should this/do you want this to be? The reason I ask is that to put a decent team together at the moment, you have to be like Hondo and I and have no money left over. I haven't been able to scout so therefore haven't been involved in the draft for 3 seasons now, and my coaches aren't highly paid.

Should scouting be cheaper maybe? It doesn't seem realistic that $1m can pay for a years worth of PR but it costs $1m to send a guy to a University to watch a couple of basketball games. $1m per player, and with the top picks wanting PR means that scouting has become nearly impossible for some, especially when coaches are now asking for up $9m like Vlad. I don't know what I'm going to do when my coaches contracts are up - Bunt is on $5m at the moment - we've had some successful seasons so he should/would want a raise, but I can't afford it. So would my punishment for success be that I have to either get a worse playing squad to accomodate his higher wages, or get a crappy coach?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Dorling on July 12, 2013, 03:33:06 AM
I have a question/suggestion for Ian regarding scouting.

How big a part of the game should this/do you want this to be? The reason I ask is that to put a decent team together at the moment, you have to be like Hondo and I and have no money left over. I haven't been able to scout so therefore haven't been involved in the draft for 3 seasons now, and my coaches aren't highly paid.

Should scouting be cheaper maybe? It doesn't seem realistic that $1m can pay for a years worth of PR but it costs $1m to send a guy to a University to watch a couple of basketball games. $1m per player, and with the top picks wanting PR means that scouting has become nearly impossible for some, especially when coaches are now asking for up $9m like Vlad. I don't know what I'm going to do when my coaches contracts are up - Bunt is on $5m at the moment - we've had some successful seasons so he should/would want a raise, but I can't afford it. So would my punishment for success be that I have to either get a worse playing squad to accomodate his higher wages, or get a crappy coach?

Its not something I plan on changing in terms of scouting costs and what not the whole SCOUTING thing is probably more indepth than people realize, the 1 million is not just him going to scout the guy, but also other information as well that brings up your summary. That and if you sign that player ie draft him there is a bond formed there between AHC and player. PR is something I might look to up in a season or two, but as for now the rest stays where it is. It is a difficult balancing act, but then you and Jacko have choosen to not build your teams via the draft. The other guys have done. No team that has a drafting system stays on top forever in American sports. Its hard work.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Strike

Quote from: Trumpers on July 12, 2013, 04:05:02 AM
Its not something I plan on changing in terms of scouting costs and what not the whole SCOUTING thing is probably more indepth than people realize, the 1 million is not just him going to scout the guy, but also other information as well that brings up your summary. That and if you sign that player ie draft him there is a bond formed there between AHC and player. PR is something I might look to up in a season or two, but as for now the rest stays where it is. It is a difficult balancing act, but then you and Jacko have choosen to not build your teams via the draft. The other guys have done. No team that has a drafting system stays on top forever in American sports. Its hard work.

I wasn't aware of the bond portion between the AHC and players scouted. Musta missed that one. That's an awesome bit.

Talon

Quote from: Strike on July 12, 2013, 04:09:12 AM
I wasn't aware of the bond portion between the AHC and players scouted. Musta missed that one. That's an awesome bit.

This.

Although my AC is gonna be...

....yeah.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Dorling

Quote from: Trumpers on July 12, 2013, 04:05:02 AM

Fair enough mate, makes sense to me. I'm hoping that GMs with a higher rep will be able to secure coaches on smaller contracts to ease my pain! Looking forward to commencement of the new season, Hondage and I have some fairly beastly looking teams assembled right now.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Dorling on July 12, 2013, 04:26:08 AM
Fair enough mate, makes sense to me. I'm hoping that GMs with a higher rep will be able to secure coaches on smaller contracts to ease my pain! Looking forward to commencement of the new season, Hondage and I have some fairly beastly looking teams assembled right now.

And I hope I've injected your team with a "dose of lethal poison" ...

See you saturday Dorling

Dorling

Technically it will be very much Sunday for me. There is no poison Pancho, and if there was I would be injecting it into the Pittsburgh Cafeteria chicken.

T-Bonizzle

Alex, you can only schedule three training sessions. You scheduled 6...

Hondo

Also....

Rob, you do realize you offered your assistant coach more money than your head coach, right?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Mike Powers

Hey, did ya hear that the Toppers won the FBL Finals!?!

Rob

Quote from: JackHondo on July 12, 2013, 04:50:58 PM
Also....

Rob, you do realize you offered your assistant coach more money than your head coach, right?

+1
SixersEagles

[/center]