Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The TeeJ of Philly

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

Alright, whoever the fuck turn it is, draft already!

Captain Metro

Quote from: Mike Powers on October 15, 2013, 06:51:23 PM
Alright, whoever the fuck turn it is, draft already!

Sorry - some of us have to work out west ... that's why I gave Pancho proxy to accept those two trades and he only did half the job.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

GM Franchise

I think this season we've entered The Trading Zone...
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Hondo

Quote from: Captain Metro on October 15, 2013, 06:52:04 PM
Sorry - some of us have to work out west ... that's why I gave Pancho proxy to accept those two trades and he only did half the job.

So we have a she-said, she-said situation....

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Domingo

But why move up in the draft,  only to trade back down and gain another pick that you may not be able to use.

People know we can only sign 8 players and anyone else you pick becomes a free agent,  right?

GM Franchise

Quote from: Domingo on October 15, 2013, 07:01:42 PM
But why move up in the draft,  only to trade back down and gain another pick that you may not be able to use.

People know we can only sign 8 players and anyone else you pick becomes a free agent,  right?

But I thought we could have 20 players and 80 draft picks minimum...  :(

Domingo

It's a game of reputations,  and having players and picks and trading them away constantly is going to get you a bad rep with agents. You of all people know how that can turn out James

GM Franchise

Quote from: Domingo on October 15, 2013, 07:09:10 PM
It's a game of reputations,  and having players and picks and trading them away constantly is going to get you a bad rep with agents. You of all people know how that can turn out James

Agreed. I'm the perfect example of why NOT to do any of that.

Captain Metro

Quote from: Domingo on October 15, 2013, 07:01:42 PM

Because I was able to get a 2nd for Jarret McLoo as opposed to having to either

A) burn my second rounder because I can't protect them all
b) cut McLoo and take the PR hit.

It's all about building future assets. I've got four contracts coming off my books next year and four first round picks to supplement them with. I'm in a good spot after inheriting a team who's been perennially awful because I've made moves.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Ty

Still, Metro is the new trader Joe

Domingo

So you're not even going to try and extend your players contracts?

Domingo

Metro,  don't get me wrong,  you can play this game however u you feel best,  because we all have our ways of playing, but like I said... it's a game where your reputation matters quite a bit,  so be weary of what you do because you never know what can happen.

Domingo

And I love the route this pick took to get to Jon,  too.
15. MISSISSIPPI STEAMERS -----> PUERTO RICO WAVES -----> WYOMING TIMBERWOLVES -----> TAMPA BAY DRAGONS -----------> BOISE SPUDS -------------> WYOMING TIMBERWOLVES