News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Domingo on October 15, 2013, 07:20:10 PM
So you're not even going to try and extend your players contracts?

If you were the GM of boise, would you? I mean Walton and Umjumbo yeah, they could be worth it, but both would be 30 or over going into that next season and Triple B raped them of talent by trading his rookies with potential to Boston.

Jennifer

The fans will be furious if Walton is dropped.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Domingo

Depends on how they play this season. The right coaching staff works wonders.

Domingo

This game isn't just about having high ranked players,  it's how you treat them and the relationship you create with agents and players that can make a difference you wouldn't expect. 

Expectations in Boise are not high, so gaining favor with fans and building a team slowly is what I would have done. I took over Seattle in almost the same state.

Mike Powers

I went trade crazy last off season.....it didn't work out so well for me.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Domingo on October 15, 2013, 07:42:12 PM
This game isn't just about having high ranked players,  it's how you treat them and the relationship you create with agents and players that can make a difference you wouldn't expect. 

Expectations in Boise are not high, so gaining favor with fans and building a team slowly is what I would have done. I took over Seattle in almost the same state.

No they're not high so him coming in and making a team that isn't gonna be getting the shit kicked out of them on paper which is what it looked like going into this season should be commended. Who's to say that he didn't gain favor by the moves in he made? He got rid of Rex Holly who was getting over paid, he brought in Malcolm Hayes and made his team somewhere a player may play for in the near future. And thats without playing a single game.

Now, he could have pissed everyone off for making moves, but given the state Boise has been in for the last couple years, I'd hope that the fans would at least give him a couple weeks before asking for his head.

Domingo

I'm sure the fans will. Like I said,  not ragging on him for making moves, it's not my team so it doesn't affect me. I'm pretty sure the owners is going to be pleased with the moves he made to make the team competitive. I'm just saying that you never know what can happen so be weary.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Domingo on October 15, 2013, 07:42:12 PM

Domingo knows what he's talking about. He took a Seattle team that was in shambles and turned it into a perennial playoff contender out West.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

jagilki

Help me out here.  How did that Seattle team get into shambles.  I'm having a hard time remembering.

GM Franchise

Quote from: jagilki on October 15, 2013, 08:34:37 PM
Help me out here.  How did that Seattle team get into shambles.  I'm having a hard time remembering.

Pretty obvious.  :)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: Jennifer on October 15, 2013, 07:34:31 PM
The fans will be furious if Walton is dropped.

Boise has fans?

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

Who we waiting on now

J-Reb

Jon

Has anyone PM'd him? He responds fairly quick to them and logs into EFK.

He was on quite a bit yesterday and this morning.

Jon

I just PM'd him just in case nobody else had.