News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

^oh shit, that for sure. We should actually make a tips guide for the FBL, for all new players and some current ones.....

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

Quote from: Cory on December 17, 2013, 03:05:24 PM
^oh shit, that for sure. We should actually make a tips guide for the FBL, for all new players and some current ones.....

Like don't publicly announce that your best player and team leader needs to play better. :)

Black Death

Not everyone trying to rip you off

just Cory ... maybe Dorling also   lol

;D

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Kenfucius

*notes that BD is going to try and rip me off like the guy who pretends to be your friend in prison and tells you who to stay away from, then goes all Bubba on your ass when you're sleeping.*

Not sure if that came from playing too much mafia or the fact that I've been re-watching Oz recently...

GM Franchise

Welcome to the game Ken.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Death

Cory

Quote from: JustinP on December 17, 2013, 03:06:30 PM
Like don't publicly announce that your best player and team leader needs to play better. :)

That was ill-advised, but I wanted out of Tampa soon (It was all in with Mason for a Championship, If we lost I would have tried and look for a new team.) They are the current Pittsburgh Steelers of the FBL.

All my stars were on the down end of their careers (Lee, Free, Class, Reed and Band) are all nearing the end, or past their primes, and taking up a lot of cap, but you cant move one or else the team chemistry would go to shit, so its a double edged sword. I had 3 first round picks, but with todays market in the game, that would have cost close to 30 million, which in no way I could sign.

I woulda loved to stay, I still had a plan for the team, but fuck it. They canned my ass, and I fucked their team over. No more picks, and no more Michael Free for canning my ass.

GM Franchise

And welcome to the game Zeus next season or whenever he gets involved, lol.  :)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Quote from: Cory on December 17, 2013, 03:23:16 PM
That was ill-advised, but I wanted out of Tampa soon (It was all in with Mason for a Championship, If we lost I would have tried and look for a new team.) They are the current Pittsburgh Steelers of the FBL.

All my stars were on the down end of their careers (Lee, Free, Class, Reed and Band) are all nearing the end, or past their primes, and taking up a lot of cap, but you cant move one or else the team chemistry would go to shit, so its a double edged sword. I had 3 first round picks, but with todays market in the game, that would have cost close to 30 million, which in no way I could sign.

I woulda loved to stay, I still had a plan for the team, but fuck it. They canned my ass, and I fucked their team over. No more picks, and no more Michael Free for canning my ass.

Just giving you a hard time.

Dorling

7) Download the GM history spreadsheet and look at the GMs who win. Then weigh up in your own mind if all the free advice you get is as god as it sounds. To this day I barely get any questions sent my way. I imagine Hondo gets more. But the people who offer the most advice tend to have a lot of time to do so as they don't have a team to look after :)

Yeah I went a bit heel in the ooc there.

Strike

Quote from: Dorling on December 17, 2013, 03:34:10 PM
7) Download the GM history spreadsheet and look at the GMs who win. Then weigh up in your own mind if all the free advice you get is as god as it sounds. To this day I barely get any questions sent my way. I imagine Hondo gets more. But the people who offer the most advice tend to have a lot of time to do so as they don't have a team to look after :)

Blatant, brutal honesty? In our OOC thread?!

Strike

Quote from: Cory on December 17, 2013, 03:23:16 PM

...Except for the fact we have Texas' first rounder and Calgary's second rounder to fill two spots, while getting the core back to the "win now" situation.

Good luck in Calgary, Cory.

Black Death

Quote from: Dorling on December 17, 2013, 03:34:10 PM

you shall receive  your comeuppance   evil villain

Cory

I donno man,

Class and Bands play dropped this year, and now you lost a very solid 6th man to the SL.
Reed and Lee with both be 28, seeing as the retirement age in most cases is like 30-32 in the FBL, their near their last legs. Lee used to get 12-15 dimes a game in his sleep, he was struggling to get 10 this season.

Plus with Mason and Reds massive contracts, it was difficult to work within the boundaries.

Im not saying the team is gonna be shit, but the conditions arent exactly ideal, at least for my likings. In my spread sheet I had three scenarios forcasted. 1 for if I won the championship and how to fit players in within a very minimal budget, 2. If we lost SL deals for Mason Griffin to accommodate some cap to sign some 1st round picks, 3. Jump ship from a soon to be museum to a fresh meat team.

All I can say is goodluck man, eventually you'll get the greatest coach in FBL history in Leighton Lee.

¿PapaPancho?

Okay fresh meat time for some initiation. Drop spread em and grab your toes because Pancho is going in dry.