News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Quote from: T-Hawks on February 17, 2014, 02:29:30 AM
Dom, Steven, and I are among the GMs who take the team to the playoffs in the following season (Dom eventually won the title!). Powers was doing alright but then decided to trade his team....Talon might be the only "failed" GM, but he did give Birmingham it's only legit season, even if that didn't last long...

Josh has a bit to live up to in Colorado. Playoffs or bust!

It took you two seasons Bone so Talon is not alone.  :)

Quote from: Rob on February 17, 2014, 02:33:40 AM
Maybe Franchise is setting up the foundations for good play-off contenders... He's just not given enough time, or his team gets murdered

My rep is a big reason for that. I've definitely improved though.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Kirk

The only conclusion I can make from that is that Franchise lays good foundations and then must spend the rest of the season trying to tear them apart... until he is replaced. I've not seen this happen live yet, but I'll be keeping my eye on his team this season to see how he does it.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

GM Franchise

Quote from: Kirk on February 17, 2014, 03:22:46 AM
The only conclusion I can make from that is that Franchise lays good foundations and then must spend the rest of the season trying to tear them apart... until he is replaced. I've not seen this happen live yet, but I'll be keeping my eye on his team this season to see how he does it.

This has been true only the last two seasons. The seasons before that...car wrecks.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Talon

Quote from: T-Hawks on February 17, 2014, 02:29:30 AM
Dom, Steven, and I are among the GMs who take the team to the playoffs in the following season (Dom eventually won the title!). Powers was doing alright but then decided to trade his team....Talon might be the only "failed" GM, but he did give Birmingham it's only legit season, even if that didn't last long...

Josh has a bit to live up to in Colorado. Playoffs or bust!

I had a winning record and was in the playoff picture last year before I left for Texas, not really s failure when you've won more games than all other Birmingham GMs combined mate.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Jon

Quote from: Kirk on February 17, 2014, 03:22:46 AM

The only place he ever left a "decent" foundation was Birmingham, but in hindsight, he really didn't... with the $4 million PR hit he left behind.

The GMs that take over typically need two seasons to turn the team around.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Talon

Quote from: Jon on February 17, 2014, 07:10:26 AM
The only place he ever left a "decent" foundation was Birmingham, but in hindsight, he really didn't... with the $4 million PR hit he left behind.

The GMs that take over typically need two seasons to turn the team around.

A good foundation?  I got there and I had Findi Muwama and Clarence Marx and a 4 million dollar penalty, which I accepted because I left one of those behind in baton rouge lol. I gutted that team and rebuilt it, and then I left a good foundation for Digger with James, Sorensen, Kolo Rolo (who got flipped for Pebbles) and Ty Williams.

The best thing about some of these BAD teams is when you take over its like an expansion club because everyone including the shitty coaches are gone.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Justin

You guys should try building a team with a foundation that goes beyond one season.

Dorling

Justin

It works...ask that guy^^

Jennifer

Says the guy who left said team because he self-admittedly knew said foundation was about to crack?

I'm onto you Dorling.  ;)

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Dorling

Quote from: Jennifer on February 17, 2014, 09:27:43 AM
Says the guy who left said team because he self-admittedly knew said foundation was about to crack?

I'm onto you Dorling.  ;)

It worked long enough. That's all you really need it to. Long enough.

Win the ring, move on.

Jennifer

In seriousness though, I had the chance to leave Hollywood a couple seasons back when I lost Drummond/Hayes. Got offered a job and a trade deal to take, iirc, Allen and Beast with me. Turned it down because the rate of people actually succeeding with those 'leave and trade' moves is extremely low. People have done historically better with clean slates.

But moreso done better with some stability.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Kirk

I'm happy enough with the foundations I was left with, except for the finances. The amount of PR budget that I'm spending on mediocre players and coaches is astonishing. Of course, I shan't be saying that IC.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Justin

Quote from: Kirk on February 17, 2014, 10:07:10 AM
I'm happy enough with the foundations I was left with, except for the finances. The amount of PR budget that I'm spending on mediocre players and coaches is astonishing. Of course, I shan't be saying that IC.

That has always been a theme for Ty.

jagilki

Shaw is ripping you off.