News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

What are the strategies all about? I see most teams use team ball and rotation/mainly starters. What other options are there? Can I play on the counter attack with a false nine and marauding fullbacks?
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

J-Reb

Quote from: Kirk on February 19, 2014, 09:10:11 PM
What are the strategies all about? I see most teams use team ball and rotation/mainly starters. What other options are there? Can I play on the counter attack with a false nine and marauding fullbacks?

You have two options.  You can play:

Team ball or focus on a few (scoring; you can either have the majority of your shots come from your best players or evoke a team strategy, where the shots are equally distributed)

and

Mostly starters or a team rotation (playing time; do you want most of your starters on the court and risk them wearing down over the season or do you want to use your bench more frequently to make sure your stars stay healthy as the season goes on).

I'm sure others will chime in with something more substantial.

Just don't pull a Franchise and run the "Tree man offense" - it's pretty rough.

Mike Powers

Strategies are:
Focus on a few (basically only let your stars touch the ball)
Team ball (spread the ball to everyone)

Minutes are:
Play mostly starters (just like it sounds, the bench mostly stays there)
Rotation policy (the starters get ample rest, spelled by the bench)

Edit: Ninja'd

Kirk

Thanks. I'll put away the tactics whiteboard now.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Kirk

I have a quick question about the lingo. Does a "double double" mean that a player got double digits in points and assists?
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

GM Franchise

Quote from: Kirk on February 21, 2014, 08:55:31 AM
I have a quick question about the lingo. Does a "double double" mean that a player got double digits in points and assists?

Can be in any two categories.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Hondo

Quote from: Kirk on February 21, 2014, 08:55:31 AM

Pretty much.

A double double is getting in double figures in two statistical categories. Whether it's points, assists, rebound, etc.

Same principle for a triple double and the rare quadruple double.

EBOWP

Ninja'd by Franchy

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Jon

Oddly enough, I'm stealing my old roommates Internet, so at least for the time being, I have Internet again!

So finally put up a quick preseason rankings.

I went off the top of my head, so don't look into it too much.

I'll post a Week 1 Power Ranking this weekend.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Mike Powers

Mathgate 19: IN SPACE!!!!

Jon

Did anybody else LOL when Powers told his Coach that Davey Powell dropped a full letter grade?

Talon

Quote from: Jon on February 22, 2014, 05:32:37 PM
Did anybody else LOL when Powers told his Coach that Davey Powell dropped a full letter grade?

I did,

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Mike Powers

Why is that funny?  I assumed that (in character) the letter grades that we get on players were given to us by the Coaching staff.  Is this not the case, cause that is what I've always thought.

Jon

Quote from: Mike Powers on February 22, 2014, 06:35:43 PM
Why is that funny?  I assumed that (in character) the letter grades that we get on players were given to us by the Coaching staff.  Is this not the case, cause that is what I've always thought.

Uh... no.

Those (the grades) are given out to help you set your lineups, figure out who is worth investing in, etc...

Why would the coaches be like... yeah that dude sucks, he dropped a full letter grade? It just doesn't make much in-character sense at all.

I'm guessing your response will be... "Yeah, Davey has also been struggling in math. We might need to get him a tutor."

Jon

Josh to answer the question in your thread...

Probably has something to do with... I don't know... losing to the Aces by 30. lol 

Mike Powers

Quote from: Reya Serra on February 22, 2014, 07:51:19 PM

I would like to do that, but before I do I would like to confirm something.  Was Mister Newton was trained at the center position as was requested?

Ian's reaction: