Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: GM Franchise on February 25, 2014, 06:38:18 PM
Even Seattle?

Yup, Callahan while inept, is still reasonably priced seeing how no other option was there for Domingo.

Mike Powers

GM Franchise

Quote from: Mike Powers on February 25, 2014, 06:52:48 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Is this in reference to Davis Newton's shoes?
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Dorling

Instead of saying over and over you're going to get fired just play the game and find out. Seems like we're covering the same old ground here.

- Reya makes miserable comment
- Someone tries to offer advice
- Someone makes a joke
- Reya ignores advice
- Reya blames Dorling
- Reya makes miserable comment.

I've had coaches stolen too (well, assistant coaches), I've had players demand trades, players refuse to play, players get smacked over the head so they have an imaginary friend and keep trying to pass to him and causing a bazillion turnovers, players inexplicably dump their lady friends and become shite and guess what...I kept playing. I even had the sinister forces of FBL head office add 6 years to Shack's contract when I only agreed 3. I won 2 championships but Hondage gets Bennett on 2m deal and Blade gets Shack on 10m and an owner that brings him the best free agents - as reigning champion I didn't even get anybody on the free agent list wanting to join my new team, nor did I get an owner that signed anybody. But I kept playing, because it's fun and these are the challenges Ian has thrown my way.

So I stole your coaches. It's what I do. It was your choice to play the game in character and not want to steal somebody elses coaches, leading to Spots' big contract. If you're going to play the game in character, then don't keep moaning about the consequences out of character. It's a game, just chill out and play it.

Or go full Shields and have an epic meltdown so we can at least enjoy it!

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Dorling on February 26, 2014, 03:47:58 AM
Instead of saying over and over you're going to get fired just play the game and find out. Seems like we're covering the same old ground here.

- Reya makes miserable comment
- Someone tries to offer advice
- Someone makes a joke
- Reya ignores advice
- Reya blames Dorling
- Reya makes miserable comment.

I've had coaches stolen too (well, assistant coaches), I've had players demand trades, players refuse to play, players get smacked over the head so they have an imaginary friend and keep trying to pass to him and causing a bazillion turnovers, players inexplicably dump their lady friends and become shite and guess what...I kept playing. I even had the sinister forces of FBL head office add 6 years to Shack's contract when I only agreed 3. I won 2 championships but Hondage gets Bennett on 2m deal and Blade gets Shack on 10m and an owner that brings him the best free agents - as reigning champion I didn't even get anybody on the free agent list wanting to join my new team, nor did I get an owner that signed anybody. But I kept playing, because it's fun and these are the challenges Ian has thrown my way.

So I stole your coaches. It's what I do. It was your choice to play the game in character and not want to steal somebody elses coaches, leading to Spots' big contract. If you're going to play the game in character, then don't keep moaning about the consequences out of character. It's a game, just chill out and play it.

Or go full Shields and have an epic meltdown so we can at least enjoy it!

I hate agreeing with you so much.

I cant wait for you to retire.  Death to Dorling!! #TeamPancho

Cory

Quote from: PapaPancho on February 26, 2014, 04:06:55 AM
I hate agreeing with you so much.

I cant wait for you to retire.  Death to Dorling!! #TeamPancho

This.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

jagilki

Cory is on #TeamPancho?

Justin

Quote from: jagilki on February 26, 2014, 12:22:07 PM
Cory is on #TeamPancho?

Implode a top contending team....yep sounds like the same team to me.

Hondo

Quote from: JustinP on February 26, 2014, 01:01:24 PM

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Strike

Quote from: JustinP on February 26, 2014, 01:01:24 PM

I cannot wait until it's your turn to do it.

Jon

Quote from: Strike on February 26, 2014, 02:16:58 PM

He certainly tries at times.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Yeah, I let my real personalty get in the way of the game when having to handle decisions. If I could have kept my Stallions team and worked with the Dragons, Id be up there with Hondo and Dorling surly record wise.

I will say without tooting my own horn I can arguably build the best teams (easily had to rebuild the most with the Nest-gate (IMO my Season 7 Stallions one of the best teams in history lost OJ McLoo, Kamill Bennett, JJ Rogers and Hans Stimar , Mays-gate losing Reggie Jones and Malcolm Hayes) in the FBL.....but Im also the best wrecking ball at destroying those teams. Bascially learning you cant assume anything ever in this game, especially with player discussions.

Just got to sort out the latter and Ill have a fancy thing in my sig soon enough lol....but welcome to the club for the time being Panch.....lets just hope Justin successfully joins us this season.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jennifer

Quote from: Strike on February 26, 2014, 02:16:58 PM

That rings a little hollow when directed at one of only two people who has both been playing since the beginning and still has the same team they started with  ;)

(As much as anything, I think being able to recover from blowing up and/or severely damaging it is the mark of a great GM. Justin's done that at least twice. He's been on the block back in the day)

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

Quote from: Cory on February 26, 2014, 02:44:37 PM
lets just hope Justin successfully joins us this season.

He wont.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Dorling

Quote from: Cory on February 26, 2014, 02:44:37 PM
I will say without tooting my own horn I can arguably build the best teams

That is the definition of tooting your own horn...