News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

kinda worded it weird on my phone....meant the last week without rushing before the all star break poach fest.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

The TeeJ of Philly

Week seven is the last week prior to the all star break, not six.

Cory

Thats kinda bullshit. Clearly the Michael Free story was in relation to the Mark Black race, and how everyone with a Player/Coach will be trying to make a move, as well as the story having relation to this season. The story was vague as to if it was the contract, or not to move back just this season.

I asked him what his plans were next year, and this shit happens.

Fuck this game sometimes.

Jon

Quote from: Cory on March 13, 2014, 10:53:57 AM
Thats kinda bullshit. Clearly the Michael Free story was in relation to the Mark Black race, and how everyone with a Player/Coach will be trying to make a move, as well as the story having relation to this season. The story was vague as to if it was the contract, or not to move back just this season.

I asked him what his plans were next year, and this shit happens.

Fuck this game sometimes.

I read it as he no longer wants to be a full time player... ever... again.

But that's just me.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

The TeeJ of Philly

Mark black said for this season only would he be a assistant coach. Michael free doesn't want to move back to full time, so what was the point of asking him? You brought it on yourself IMO Cory.

Cory

Again, you read it as, which means its wasn't clear.

All I asked was essentially for clarity of his position for next season, nothing more nothing less.

I needed to see what my starting lineup was gonna look like for trades, ect. Having Free want to start next season would change my plans, as would having him staying in the 8th.

Cory

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on March 13, 2014, 10:59:51 AM
Mark black said for this season only would he be a assistant coach. Michael free doesn't want to move back to full time, so what was the point of asking him? You brought it on yourself IMO Cory.

No interest in Mark Black. Usually what is said in the gen news is something to consider talking about before you lock in. I read it was Free saying he had no desire to return to full time minutes, the bit in the story that said:

"No doubt though GM Cory would love to get more playing time out of Free who could be a real difference maker to the Calgary season"

Brought the context that Free was talking about this season. I needed clarity for what we were doing next year, and i guess I got it, losing all the morale my average team had gained. Perfect.

Gates

True, however the news also said...

QuoteMichael Free has made it very clear he would not entertain a move back to a regular role with the Thundercats.

It doesn't say this season which, to me, meant Free wanted to stay as the player coach until he retired from playing.

GM Franchise

Quote from: C.J. Gates on March 13, 2014, 11:11:34 AM
True, however the news also said...

It doesn't say this season which, to me, meant Free wanted to stay as the player coach until he retired from playing.

This is how I read it as well.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Classic red herring from Ian. Thats why I went the opposite way.

Justin

I thought the story was pretty clear and then I read your thread this morning and said to myself, "Why did Cory just do that?".

GM Franchise

Great...now I have my first big issue to deal with.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

Yea really, it was spelled out elsewhere that Free didn't want to return to a full time role...

jagilki

Oh Jon.  on my sheet.  You missed the 2 mil PR to Corbin.

jagilki

Quoteor going for GM Rob who has been unemployed for sometime.

* jagilki pictures GM Rob with a Hobo Beard cooking a can of beans on a stick over a fire.