News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

I don't remember Ian posting anything about this, but do we have to do protections before free agency?

Cause like... mine are sort of contingent on whether or not I successfully sign anyone, so if I don't have to I'd rather not send them in until after free agency.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

FXBlade

Quote from: Jennifer on April 16, 2014, 07:23:52 AM
I don't remember Ian posting anything about this, but do we have to do protections before free agency?

Cause like... mine are sort of contingent on whether or not I successfully sign anyone, so if I don't have to I'd rather not send them in until after free agency.

Then how will people know if your players are free agents or not?

I havent seen anything but I assumed it was to be done before.

Why should you keep all the cards in your deck until you are satisfied?  Let the others see them!!!! lol

Jennifer

None of my team's contracts are expiring though. Not protecting people means that they are available for SL to sign (or expansion drafted) - it wouldn't make any difference to the free agent market in my case (plus, if contracts are expiring and haven't been renewed, the players could be signed by other FBL teams regardless of if they're protected or not).

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

FXBlade

Jeez! I was joking.

Its not like anyone wants to sign any of your players anyway  ;D

Justin

Just because you leave them unprotected does not mean they will sign with a SL team, just that they could. So if you sign a free agent and those you leave unprotected stay put then you have a potential shit storm.

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on April 16, 2014, 08:17:29 AM
Just because you leave them unprotected does not mean they will sign with a SL team, just that they could. So if you sign a free agent and those you leave unprotected stay put then you have a potential shit storm.

Very true...

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

Anybody got a list of the draft prospects readily available, or can you tell me what page of GN it is on?  I've looked and looked.

Mike Powers

Page 62 for me, but I'm not set at default.

He posted it March 2nd if that helps.

Justin

Quote from: Mike Powers on April 16, 2014, 05:33:06 PM
Page 62 for me, but I'm not set at default.

He posted it March 2nd if that helps.

+1

Jon

Quote from: Jon on April 13, 2014, 11:25:26 AM
Teams still needing to send in their protections:

Hollywood Stars
Kentucky Hayseeds

And then there was two...

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Kirk

If you don't get them in, does that mean none of your players are protected?
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Jennifer

My reasons for not doing them yet haven't changed since this morning.  ;)

GM Franchise

Quote from: Kirk on April 16, 2014, 10:04:05 PM
If you don't get them in, does that mean none of your players are protected?

That would create total chaos if that happened especially with the two teams left.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

J-Reb

Quote from: GM Franchise on April 16, 2014, 10:08:03 PM
That would create total chaos if that happened especially with the two teams left.

That would be just like Ian.