News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Way I see it, with play-makers and a positive team around him Hughes has shown he can put up 16-20 a night, keep him paired with the front court of Fredericks and Hurtz who are both good passers, plus Hangor in the bench has averaged like 7 assists a game.

Need to make a move for a center....gonna see if I can land Krakovic from BD...maybe even try and enquire about Shakers Lee....but way I see it, gonna have a very solid team next year with a perfect combo of experience and talent at the right price.

My 1st round this year was a shot in the dark...Free didnt give me shit on my reports and I only needed a center. Outside of Buck Fisher who will be gone top 3....a pick I wouldnt have a chance if theirs expansion teams....I wasnt risking picking a bust, really that pick tho high, have very low value to me as a pick...high value for a trade.

- Fredericks needs stability, but reports had him as a back court general
- Hurtz is going to be up there in age, my only worry is a drop in his stats...but could move him to 6th with his PG/SG position...but on a good day hes good for 14pts, 7-8 assists @ 4 million, plus experience.
- Hughes I believe again with stability and will develop...15-20 points...nice contract @ 7 million.
- Tarbla is a monster, franchise guy.
- Need a center.
- Thinking Terry as 6th man....if his stats dont drop off too much he was hitting double digit scoring a night...thats all I need him to do with Hangor in the 7th....where he was with Anchorage and got 7 points, 7 assists a night seemingly. Then my 8th is Olicha, my former 1st round pick who just needs time to develop.

I think i'll be alright.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

You forgot to factor in trading your captain...
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Yeah...figured that was the only downside...but its not like I was a playoff team winning every night and just killed morale...was already pretty low. Banking on the fact that he wasnt a long standing captain/franchise guy....this was his first year to minimize the impact.

I needed to "throw a hail marry" tho.....because just bringing in Huir and Terry wasnt enough to keep my job....but bringing in two former 1st round picks with lots of upside I think should be viewed as a positive move in game from my owner/coach

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Cory on April 25, 2014, 11:25:39 PM
Way I see it, with play-makers and a positive team around him Hughes has shown he can put up 16-20 a night, keep him paired with the front court of Fredericks and Hurtz who are both good passers, plus Hangor in the bench has averaged like 7 assists a game.

Need to make a move for a center....gonna see if I can land Krakovic from BD...maybe even try and enquire about Shakers Lee....but way I see it, gonna have a very solid team next year with a perfect combo of experience and talent at the right price.

My 1st round this year was a shot in the dark...Free didnt give me shit on my reports and I only needed a center. Outside of Buck Fisher who will be gone top 3....a pick I wouldnt have a chance if theirs expansion teams....I wasnt risking picking a bust, really that pick tho high, have very low value to me as a pick...high value for a trade.

- Fredericks needs stability, but reports had him as a back court general
- Hurtz is going to be up there in age, my only worry is a drop in his stats...but could move him to 6th with his PG/SG position...but on a good day hes good for 14pts, 7-8 assists @ 4 million, plus experience.
- Hughes I believe again with stability and will develop...15-20 points...nice contract @ 7 million.
- Tarbla is a monster, franchise guy.
- Need a center.
- Thinking Terry as 6th man....if his stats dont drop off too much he was hitting double digit scoring a night...thats all I need him to do with Hangor in the 7th....where he was with Anchorage and got 7 points, 7 assists a night seemingly. Then my 8th is Olicha, my former 1st round pick who just needs time to develop.

I think i'll be alright.

- Terry is hitting double digit scoring as as starter with Cam Drake and Joe Reed on the team.
- Olicha is going to go from starting to being the last off the bench, he going to say "Why do I need development now? I was good enough last year..." unless he's one of these rare guys.
- Hurtz is old and when you get get old, good days are few and far between.

I mean I like the trade, I like Lyle and Hughes, I just think you overpaid for them.

And it'll be viewed as a positive move in game if it translate to wins, which you're owner already gave you one extension, I don't think he'll give you a second if it doesn't work out.

GM Franchise

You're thinking ahead but what about this season? You may be gone before you get to GM the players you've brought in. Low morale will probably go even lower which won't help you out currently going by what the owner said in the General News.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

He can't save this season. His chance to keep his job is to improve his potential for next season.

Ty

GM Franchise

30 years old next season

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: T-Yes on April 25, 2014, 11:36:44 PM
He can't save this season. His chance to keep his job is to improve his potential for next season.

But I thought so many people were still in it in the West? :P

Seriously though, this is the truth, but I don't think his owner will give him an extension like he did this year, especially when the general news last week was trying to get people excited for basketball in Calgary.

Then again his owner could say, man people would be excited for this team and players, but man the GM is just a black cloud....

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on April 25, 2014, 11:45:32 PM
Then again his owner could say, man people would be excited for this team and players, but man the GM is just a black cloud....

This is what I'm thinking will end up happening given their situation with the attendance.

Kirk

If I hadn't pissed off all my players, I wouldn't have traded anyone. I liked my team as it was and I think my trade partners have got great deals. I'd have taken a risk on Streets from FA and hoped to get another decent center in the draft. I just hope I haven't screwed Tempe too much.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Mike Powers

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on April 26, 2014, 01:38:06 AM

BREAKING NEWS...JOHNSON AND HULL FOUND TIED IN LEATHER IN BONDAGE CLUB. GREENVILLE FANS PRAY FOR THEIR SOULS

A team outting with Yablo Yabla with rookie backcourt Flem Johnson and Cameron Hull has gone a bit wrong when the two were found tied up in leather when a fetish club was raided by police for suspected dildo smuggling. Coach Willie Davies who tends to overlook the eccentric behaviour of Yablo Yabla seemed less forgiving with his rookies.

"What the f*ck! Only leather these boys should be wearing is leather sachels carrying their damn playbooks in..."

Yabla was not at the club as it was rumoured he left earlier. Operation Dildo Heist was considered a major success for the local police, but Greenville fans have been left outraged by the news on their rookie players.

CREDIT: THE INFORMER

Well fuck.

GM Franchise

LOL at the Greenville news story

Talon

WHERE CAN WE GET OOC FRANCHISE/BLUEBALLS SHIRTS?!

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

GM Franchise

The fans are siding with me on an issue? That's never happened before, lol.