News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Its you, me, and Powers buddy...

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Domingo on June 20, 2014, 05:41:07 PM
If that's the case, take one and let someone else deal with Tarbla's wishes. Then again they can ignore him and lock in after the trade, if Ian accepts the lock in, and possibly deal with a player thy refuses to play the rest of the season. I don't see the advantage to make a trade for anyone but Jacksonville, but it could possibly be the same gm's that will be out of a job before the end of the season.

Just because his agent said Jacksonville would be nice doesn't mean a) there aren't other options and 2) his greivence is because the team he is on is "meh" he gets to a good team, or a team with promise and Tarbla is happy.

Strike

Quote from: Mike Powers on June 20, 2014, 05:08:01 PM
The half dozen trade offers in my PM says that some are willing to take a chance.

...On hindsight, you shoulda probably kept T-Pow, buddy.

Still love you for taking a stance nonetheless. <3

Domingo

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on June 20, 2014, 05:58:36 PM
Just because his agent said Jacksonville would be nice doesn't mean a) there aren't other options and 2) his greivence is because the team he is on is "meh" he gets to a good team, or a team with promise and Tarbla is happy.
Yeah, and JC had no reason to ask for more money.

The dude is eating an orange and thinking about playing with Eric King...surely you don't think that was for the hell of it.

Gates

I don't believe his agent said he wanted to go to Jacksonville, I believe it was the man himself. Might be a bit different in the sense of what a team would be dealing with, even if just to struggle through this season.

Talon

Quote from: C.J. Gates on June 20, 2014, 06:15:23 PM
I don't believe his agent said he wanted to go to Jacksonville, I believe it was the man himself. Might be a bit different in the sense of what a team would be dealing with, even if just to struggle through this season.

I think he said "My agent has suggested Jacksonville."

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

GM Franchise

Quote from: Talon on June 20, 2014, 06:17:29 PM
I think he said "My agent has suggested Jacksonville."

Yeah he did.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on June 20, 2014, 04:16:37 AM

I am not happy now, we have a window of opportunity, my agent has suggested Jacksonville...
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Strike

Do what's best for the team. Because I remember a certain time where I traded a player to where he asked and I got Hondo'd for it. <_<

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: C.J. Gates on June 20, 2014, 06:15:23 PM

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on June 20, 2014, 04:16:37 AM

I am not happy now, we have a window of opportunity, my agent has suggested Jacksonville...

Gen news stated his uneasyness was due to the lackluster team that was there and his agent suggest Jacksonville because jacksonville needs a center badly so it would seem so obvious a place for Tarbla because elsewhere would involve more pieces needing to be moved (or not depending on the deal).

What sucks for the teams locking in, like a Portsmouth, could offer Shakers and a first for Tarbla gives Calgary an expiring deal that is a lot of money to play with in free agency, an additional first rounder and a vet for Buck and Jargun to play with and in return you get an All-NBL PF that is still young.

Gates

My bad, lol. I missed that part.

Domingo

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on June 20, 2014, 01:06:20 PM

Not really...

EATS AN ORANGE AND THINKS OF ERIC KING WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE

The TeeJ of Philly

So? Just because he's eating an orange and thinking about playing with King doesn't mean he won't play for another team that is a better, more promising team. He's agent has him thinking that because his agent know if he goes to Jacksonville, they have cap and they can renegotiate a better deal for more money especially with the Majoe contract...

Domingo

But at this point, how much does it hurt Powers to trade Tarbla to the Juice for Patel who is on an expiring contract?

He could put Patel on the bench and move Jargun to the Starting PF position, and it does a solid for Gooch that needs a big man. Powers has no use for King with the backcourt duo he has that already has chemistry together, and he would need someone to fill in off the bench for the PF position when Rim takes a break or moves to the C position.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Domingo on June 20, 2014, 07:24:07 PM
But at this point, how much does it hurt Powers to trade Tarbla to the Juice for Patel who is on an expiring contract?

He could put Patel on the bench and move Jargun to the Starting PF position, and it does a solid for Gooch that needs a big man. Powers has no use for King with the backcourt duo he has that already has chemistry together, and he would need someone to fill in off the bench for the PF position when Rim takes a break or moves to the C position.

It hurts him a lot when I know for a fact three deals that send him quality players in exchange for a great player. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Gooch get Tarbla, but for what Tarbla can do, he'd be getting half of what Tarbla is worth and he still is expected to make the playoffs in a tough division.