News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

You posted in your thread moments after nearly dying?  ...its just a game homie.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

GM Franchise

FBL team owners are making moves fast. However The FBL's Grim Reaper is still on the market to GM a team...

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on July 19, 2014, 06:38:19 PM
I don't get it...

My question is how can you not get it? Think Closeness, think Cappy. Then you'll get it.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Quote from: Talon on July 19, 2014, 05:34:21 PM
You posted in your thread moments after nearly dying?  ...its just a game homie.

Well it was about an hour afterwards. I was trying to settle down and get my mind off of it.

jagilki

My activity has been piss poor in everything most of this month.  There are multiple factors.  This being one year since I had all my medical stuff has kind of crashed heavily down on my mind and has got me fairly down in the dumps.

Combine this with the fact that at the moment I'm unsure if I'm going to be able to continue scraping together the scratch to keep my internet going much longer, I've kind of been unconsciously preparing to have to go into exile. 

Rebel Child

How do we know when someone's contract is up?

When we protect someone what do we post and where?

And that blows Jag.

Gates

There should be a "Destinations List" in Gen News that lists the free agents this year and where they might want to go.

For more then just free agents, all the team sheets will (or should) list the years remaining for each player.

As for protections, I assume we're doing them in the Future Confirmed Deals thread. I think last year we just listed the team and if we were protecting the players or not. I think there are some "samples" in the FCD thread from the moves today - that's basically what you're posting.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on July 19, 2014, 02:40:25 PM
Does the change in format allow locked in GMs to pursue free agents? Personally it does not affect me but I am asking since we have two expansion teams who have no special draft nor expansion draft to select from and have to hope for most of the left overs from the canada teams to remain in the FBL.

No if you opted out of this season then you are out as per usual. So Strike, Powers, Franchise (assuming he has a job) and yourself will not be able to negoiate with free agents until your threads are unlocked.

As for the rest of you. After Week 8 (All-Star game) is when free agents for the following season begin their negoiations. Up until then you can FD (future deal) the players you know who are going into free agency and who you would like to speak to Week 8 onwards to get a feel for them and their agent. You then submit your offer to me (as if you were talking to their agent) via PM in terms of a contract offering. The player/agent will then inform in a General News item where they have decided to 'take their talents' so to speak. This will give you a chance to pitch your team in your team thread with a bit of magic I guess.

Incidentally there will also be some shuffling of divisions next year to move Champaign and Nashville in. Reno will move to the West North. Texas will move to the West South. Champaign will play in East North and Nashville East South.

I will update a destinations list soon, but its basically the same with obviously some players re-signing with their teams. Any drafts where Calgary/Montreal were to receive next year (as the final one) or their original drafts that might have been traded have now been nulified as neither team will be in the FBL next year. If they were part of a chain, that still applies.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

GM Franchise

Sorry to hear all of that, Jag.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 19, 2014, 10:58:22 PM
No if you opted out of this season then you are out as per usual. So Strike, Powers, Franchise (assuming he has a job) and yourself will not be able to negoiate with free agents until your threads are unlocked.

I'd better go into Mankind tag team sales pitch mode then...

Rob

Anyone else in the North West wanna take a dump on their team?
SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

Quote from: Rob on July 20, 2014, 04:10:23 AM
Anyone else in the North West wanna take a dump on their team?

Are you volunteering?

Rob

Nah I'd sooner benefit from other people's misfortune
SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

Quote from: Rob on July 20, 2014, 04:21:49 AM
Nah I'd sooner benefit from other people's misfortune

Or they benefit from yours.