News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on July 28, 2014, 12:52:55 PM
I just don't see how with this system locked out teams can't join in, especially if they're going to mostly ask for a contract offer. Like whoever takes over New Mexico is up shits creek with a shit team in a good division. Allows those who take over a team that got fleeced by a exiting GM and has little to no picks (using past examples don't think there are that this year so far) a fair chance a puttin together a decent team  and not get fired/leave after one year.

Shouldn't have left your team until after free agency?

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Jon

Quote from: Talon on July 28, 2014, 12:56:32 PM

+1

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Talon on July 28, 2014, 12:20:53 PM
And it stops Franchise people from looking at your offer and just bumping it a million or so dollars and adding PR.

;D

Wrong considering in my opinion that's going to happen anyway with bidding wars for the players.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 28, 2014, 01:01:21 PM
Wrong considering in my opinion that's going to happen anyway with bidding wars for the players.

It was a joke...

GM Franchise

I know. My point is we've reached a point where free agency has basically become a silent auction.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I like the approach to this because it will actually be some more fair offers. I would hope no one would be looking to throw huge amounts of cash when a smaller deal could have been acceptable
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on July 28, 2014, 01:07:49 PM
I like the approach to this because it will actually be some more fair offers. I would hope no one would be looking to throw huge amounts of cash when a smaller deal could have been acceptable

That will happen with low level guys. With someone like Anders Van Lowe has has generated interest from almost every team I think money will talk.

Talon

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on July 28, 2014, 01:07:49 PM

While I agree (and I will not be offering any stupid money, if I offer any contracts at all) I know people will throw way more money at players then they should, I just hope the players consider other factors outside of money, but its the FBL and these are some greedy players.

#MindOnMyMoneyAndMyMoneyOnMyMind

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Talon on July 28, 2014, 12:56:32 PM

I'm fine I have 4 players and 4 picks. Some aren't as lucky

Jon

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on July 28, 2014, 01:24:55 PM

Because some left when they shouldn't have.

FXBlade

GMs that have left have always been locked out if FA, not like it's a one time deal. They aren't technically in charge until the next season, not like they are being penalised, but they don't have an active team

Rob

I almost don't need draft picks if things go to plan with the free agent I want.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Talon

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on July 28, 2014, 01:24:55 PM

Then THEY shouldn't have left their teams before free agency.  Doesn't matter who it was, if you want to participate in free agency don't get fired or don't quit/change teams.  Strike's new team made a trade for Morrison and Pederson, and he still has a draft pick, so he's not in horrid shape either.

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Talon

I was going to express interest in Krease just to troll him, but figured it could/would backfire in some way.

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

J-Reb

All part of the game.  Adapt and adjust.  Krease should just give it up and go to the SL.  He's never going to survive in the FBL.