News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

The people you are negotiating with aren't going to feel as special if you have everyone on your list, though.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Talon

Im not offering to anyone anytime soon. I PM'd Ian and asked if we HAD to offer right away or if we had until the end of the season (at risk of the player signing before you ever even offer)

If its a "you have until your lock in that week to offer" type of deal I might not offer a deal to anyone at all.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Jennifer

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on July 28, 2014, 07:22:49 PM
Also, Jenn, anyone who had Montreal or Calgary's picks I believe are lost and not getting them.

Oh. I forgot about the relocation thing.

Eh, c'est la vie.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Kirk

I think any chains with them in should be cancelled as well. Not just because that would leave me with three 1st round picks... honest.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Gates

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 28, 2014, 08:22:50 PM
Triple post!!!

Question for everyone interested in half a dozen (or more) free agents. Aren't you afraid that, after sending in all these offers to Ian, too many FA's choose you? Then you'd end up with a 10 person, $100 million dollar roster.

This was my thought too.

Because you're not really negotiating. The way I understood it, was that you submit your offer, and then the player chooses. If he chooses your team and 5 others do, sure you might be able to not FCD it, but then that player will feel slighted. Maybe that's looking into it too much, but it could give a hit to GMs reps if they offer 10+ contracts and back out on 9 that get accepted....

Mike Powers

Quote from: Kirk on July 28, 2014, 08:38:20 PM
Just don't FCD the deals you can't afford.

And piss off agents/players?

GM Franchise

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 28, 2014, 11:00:02 PM
And piss off agents/players?

So it's going to be like normal then.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Captain Metro

Quote from: C.J. Gates on July 28, 2014, 09:47:20 PM
This was my thought too.

Because you're not really negotiating. The way I understood it, was that you submit your offer, and then the player chooses. If he chooses your team and 5 others do, sure you might be able to not FCD it, but then that player will feel slighted. Maybe that's looking into it too much, but it could give a hit to GMs reps if they offer 10+ contracts and back out on 9 that get accepted....

I think someone tried this last year.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Domingo

Is that taking into account the players that have declined teams interest already?

Kirk

Just because you declare interest in someone doesn't mean you will deffinitely send an offer. Everyone is going to have their first choice players and then work down the list. If I sign Ballz, for example, I'm not going to make an offer to Evans or Hitomi,  but I want the opportunity to speak to them if Ballz goes elsewhere. I'm sure that's what other people are doing as well.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Mike Powers

Quote from: Kirk on July 29, 2014, 01:49:26 AM
Just because you declare interest in someone doesn't mean you will deffinitely send an offer. Everyone is going to have their first choice players and then work down the list. If I sign Ballz, for example, I'm not going to make an offer to Evans or Hitomi,  but I want the opportunity to speak to them if Ballz goes elsewhere. I'm sure that's what other people are doing as well.

Wouldn't your subsequent choices be signed somewhere by the time you find out your 1st choice said no?

Talon

Quote from: Talon on July 28, 2014, 08:40:23 PM
Im not offering to anyone anytime soon. I PM'd Ian and asked if we HAD to offer right away or if we had until the end of the season (at risk of the player signing before you ever even offer)

If its a "you have until your lock in that week to offer" type of deal I might not offer a deal to anyone at all.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Kirk

Quote from: Mike Powers on July 29, 2014, 01:55:21 AM
Wouldn't your subsequent choices be signed somewhere by the time you find out your 1st choice said no?

Maybe. It's the risk you take. It's a new way of doing FA this year so people are going to have to experiment to see what works. You do it your way and the rest of us will do it our way and we'll see how everything falls at the end of the season.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Rob

My guess... This is Ian so there isn't going to be one completely safe way of doing anything. One way or another, you could potentially fuck your team in the ass. You could go for 2 guys and they both say no or you could go for 10 guys and they all say yes.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Mike Powers

Quote from: Kirk on July 29, 2014, 03:12:52 AM
Maybe. It's the risk you take. It's a new way of doing FA this year so people are going to have to experiment to see what works. You do it your way and the rest of us will do it our way and we'll see how everything falls at the end of the season.

Well, my way is sitting on the sidelines waiting until next season....