News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Your season falls apart if you don't take this contract.

Hey wait, you're in my division. SACK THE FUCKER!
SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

Quote from: Rob on August 01, 2014, 03:45:59 AM
Your season falls apart if you don't take this contract.

Hey wait, you're in my division. SACK THE FUCKER!

Good call. Maybe he'll go and coach Crystal Palace next.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Rob

We already have the best coach in the league. We have a mild mannered Vlad Bogolov, you facken bitch!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jennifer

Well, this could suck.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Black Death

oh Jen... you don't lead off  the renewal of the contract  by telling the agent that you are going to be benching his player the next season

think that might have hurt you a little
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jennifer

I disagree.

It's being forthright about the negotiations and explaining my position; I feel offering no reason for the reduced salary is far worse than laying on the table where you see the player being in your plans.

Better, imo, to do that now than spring it on the player they're off the bench at the beginning of a season, where it could cripple their morale before the season even starts.

I mean, I'd very much like to keep Blair but 7 is already lucrative for coming off the bench, 8 is borderline unreasonable for a player who is approaching the end of their career. Sentiment isn't going to make me pay through the nose for someone who it's completely fair to ask a cut from. I would rather get that out the way with NOW and therefore be able to plan appropriately for next season than try and figure out how I'm going to afford a competent bench player on a budget of something like 3 million.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Black Death

Think we have to agree to disagree in this one ... I feel the agent is going to want to get the max out of the deal, regardless of your intentions ,  I can understand explaining to the player the reason , that be honest and forth right with the player  ... but you don't have to give the agent any info unnecessarily, He does not need to know what your going to do with his client the next season.  Just that you want his client.  now if he ask you what you intend to do with his player . than be all means tell him.   but I think you might have hurt your negotiations by showing your hand earlier. plus think you force him into a corner , he going to challenge you if you want to keep Blair or let him go.  might not be no wiggle room now for the agent   
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Mike Powers

Quote from: Gravedigger on August 01, 2014, 05:07:04 PM
Send this message to Pebbles, as he has chosen to walk out.

-----------------------------------------

Pebbles, I was asking where you want to play because I thought you would be mature enough to let me know where you think you could best produce and contribute to this team. But, as always in my interactions with you, once again you act like a petulant child. I've tried to show patience with you because you are a talented young man.

However, that is finished. If you want to act like a pissy little shit, then we don't need to speak. In fact, after this season we don't need to be in the same organization. Unless you come back begging, which I don't expect, I am going to trade you.

Because of your attitude, I don't plan on asking your input about where you want to play. I frankly don't care. Perhaps if you act in a somewhat professional manner the rest of the season I would ask your opinion, but you have not earned that respect at this time.

Respond to this or don't.... I don't give a shit anymore. You are a pain in my ass, and I've had enough. 

Season 16 - The Season Where No Fuck's Are Given

GM Franchise

Quote from: Mike Powers on August 01, 2014, 06:46:51 PM

Season 16 - The Season Where No Fuck's Are Given

This is a good thing.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Taurus

I'm onboard with this plan.

The TeeJ of Philly

Well, the South East just got that much easier.

The TeeJ of Philly

Love that Lenda Tena is now Lenda Tener so the joke is more apparent.

Taurus

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on August 01, 2014, 07:53:02 PM
Well, the South East just got that much easier.

Well my season can't get worse in terms of divisional standing so y'know.

T-Bonizzle

Sorry about the low activity Ian, been busy.

Jon

Quote from: T-Brother on August 01, 2014, 09:34:11 PM
Sorry about the low activity Ian, been busy.

With Big brother! :p

GM of the Queen City Conquerors