News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domingo

The SuperLeague

If your players are not protected, then they are free to speak to them and offer the player contracts.

jagilki

Quote from: Rebel Child on August 07, 2014, 03:07:18 PM
So what does protecting one's team members from?

Surprise Butt Sex. 

Taurus

Always good to be protected from that.

GM Franchise

So what does protecting one's team members from? I've been trying to figure that out..

From the SL signing them away.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

So what does protecting one's team members from? I've been trying to figure that out..

To achieve a competitive balance.

GM Franchise

Now to see if the SL scoops up any more players.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I will explain free agency and our new format to stop debate.

If you get green that means the player has a high priority in wanting to play for you. It means as well you are required to pitch to his agent (or him/her if they dont have one) the benefits of coming to your franchise in your team thread. Call it a PR and sales job. You then submit a contract offer to me via PM for a green one maybe finishing your pitch with 'here is our offer, please take your time to go away and consider us'. That ends the conversation. Dont be hanging around for the agent to say 'ok' or 'bye'. People need to get better at this generally.

Orange means the agent/player is willing to receive a formalized offer from you (via PM) its a list of numbers. Any fluff on why they should join the team will be dismissed. You are offering a contract and depending on the players needs/wants he/she might go for money or potential success the team has to offer.

Red means they are not interested so you dont have to do anything.

The process of the pitches please just call them in one by one, dont expect responses from me, just post yourself. Make the assumption the agent/player has arrived and your pitching them.

Right now if you have an orange you should be submitting them to me. Can do them all on one PM if you lay it out right. Remember no fluff...

I am also going to introduce next season a "max salary cap" for rookies. It means you will be able to sign a rookie up to a max of 10 million a season (hurray he hears folk shout) but all rookie contracts will be a maximum of 2 years...time to make things interesting.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Black Death

A Rookie Salary cap...  all I got to say is ...

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jennifer

it's intriguing... does it mean that you get someone on the cheap and then wind up paying them megabucks the following year? Potentially so.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

The TeeJ of Philly

Hooray, that changes the value of draft picks now. For the better.

Somewhere metro smiles evilly. As do I

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Updated the rules for this. So it's worth bearing in mind all rookie contracts must be 2 years (thus making it a question of whether you want to sign a player for 2 years or not!). You can then offer them a deal from a value of 0-10 million a season (max being 10 million or understood by rookies/agent to be a max rookie deal). PR is up to you.

A case example of this might be in Season 17 the San Quentin Showerpals sign Soapy Entry to a 2 year rookie deal worth a maximum of 10 million a season and also throw in 500k PR cause they want to. During Season 18, Entry would have 1 year to run on his contract so...teams will begin the negoiation for Season 19 (on a standard deal) with him. If a deal cannot be reached Entry like anyone else will have the opportunity to go into free agency and negoiate with other teams post the All-Star break of Season 18 for a Season 19 move.

By introducing this we become more inline with rookie signings and it becomes more strategic for you guys which is my aim as I always try to find little ways to evolve the game.

In terms of the format for the draft as per usual all non playoff teams will be entered into the lottery. The team with the worst record will have the most chance of winning the lottery...if a team in say the East South finished 5th and West South finished 4th in their divisions. The 'chance' advantage would go to the team with the lower division finish even if they have the same win and loss record. If for example the teams win and loss record was the same as well as their standing in their respective divisions then they will receive the same chance of random.org in the lottery.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quite simply your coaches will appreciate you need to get on with your shit this week (and I cant be arsed saying hello every five minutes) once your press conference is done, assume the coach is in your office. If you finish with a statement then move onto your FA. If you want to ask the question of a coach then end with a question. Other than that assume if finished on a statement a nice handshake took place, he/she left and then carry on with what you need t do. I am only doing this for this week so I am not going editing crazy. Choice is yours if you wanna ask a question or two.

T-Bonizzle

Ian, one small note, Brett Porter is not listed under my team in the future deal thread. I left him unprotected.

T-Bonizzle

Also a question. If we tender offers to multiple free agents and they all want to sign, but for whatever reason you don't want to sign them all, are they all automatically future dealed or do we have a chance to pull out?