News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

Sure I did. I asked this time before I did it.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Talon

...You'll learn this time.

hopefully for you, Coach Kay isn't one of those coaches who over reacts and hates you forever for asking a question about switching people out whilst in first place.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Kirk

I've been switching my team up all season with mostly good results and the guys I'm planning to move to the bench are on their way out anyway. Last season, I rested my star players. It's not exactly the same thing.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Talon

I see the difference, but I've seen it become a blown up ordeal as well.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Gates

QuoteSorry, but Rob Palace hasn't shown me anything to be paid 11 million let alone 13. And two million in PR for him is crazy. He's average as a wing player, 14 ppg and 2 rpg. Nothing special. Palace will make as much next year as Dex Wilson makes now.

To be fair, Palace is averaging 18.6 ppg and 2 rpg. Is it enough to make me think he deserves 13? No, but it might be a sign that he's turning a corner.

He could have also just been playing at a higher level because it was a walk year...

The TeeJ of Philly

In theory he is also playing next to Mason Griffin who may be opening up shots for Palace.

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on August 12, 2014, 06:07:51 PM
In theory he is also playing next to Mason Griffin who may be opening up shots for Palace.

This is likely the case with him.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Kirk

It was a very entertaining read and I'm happy to see editorials back. Good work.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Cory

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on August 12, 2014, 06:07:51 PM

or in theory it isnt?

I think I overpaid for Keaton, not for Palace...he's proven that worth and is a natural SG, where as Fletcher is a natural SF, playing SG this year...so the point that I got two players who are the same as Fletcher was a little mis-guided. I knew for me to have a chance with the other orange/green teams that we're established franchises, you need to flash the cash to get them to come.

Thought Rob had Palace on lock for sure, so went all in on a SG which was the missing piece for my team, which is why I had to go to the absolute MAX for Keaton. Palaces averages are more than Fletchers this year and Fletcher is making more $$$, both are young. If Palace's numbers are because of Griffin, I believe I have a guy in Fletcher that is the next Mason Griffin. I think their going to grow and it was a good buy, ESPECIALLY with Dre Majors deal in comparison, and I have both guys rated very very close to Clarence Marx who got the same amount of money from a team that wouldn't have had to overcompensate in Vegas oppose to a big FA coming to a recent expansion in Morgantown.

Now I'm going to have to sell Keaton on the cheap, which is going to sting but there are more than enough teams with the cap and not many options to improve their front court for next season, so should be able to find a win win, without having to "trade my 1st round pick"....that was ridiculous.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

There's not as many teams as you think there are, Cory.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Cory on August 13, 2014, 12:43:31 AM
or in theory it isnt?

I think I overpaid for Keaton, not for Palace...he's proven that worth and is a natural SG, where as Fletcher is a natural SF, playing SG this year...so the point that I got two players who are the same as Fletcher was a little mis-guided. I knew for me to have a chance with the other orange/green teams that we're established franchises, you need to flash the cash to get them to come.

Thought Rob had Palace on lock for sure, so went all in on a SG which was the missing piece for my team, which is why I had to go to the absolute MAX for Keaton. Palaces averages are more than Fletchers this year and Fletcher is making more $$$, both are young. If Palace's numbers are because of Griffin, I believe I have a guy in Fletcher that is the next Mason Griffin. I think their going to grow and it was a good buy, ESPECIALLY with Dre Majors deal in comparison, and I have both guys rated very very close to Clarence Marx who got the same amount of money from a team that wouldn't have had to overcompensate in Vegas oppose to a big FA coming to a recent expansion in Morgantown.

Now I'm going to have to sell Keaton on the cheap, which is going to sting but there are more than enough teams with the cap and not many options to improve their front court for next season, so should be able to find a win win, without having to "trade my 1st round pick"....that was ridiculous.

I know not a lot of people know about basketball ... hell this game is so not about basketball.

But PG/SG play in the backcourt

a SF is your wing

and your PF/C are your frontcourt.  Just trying to help y'all with the jargon.

GM Franchise

Are people allowed to start trading Season 18 picks already?

Rob

Cory I only had Palace if you didn't offer such a ridiculous contract. Did you really think I was going to offer more than that? It's ridiculous really but then you learn who has no control over their money when they go around offering stupid contract deals like you did for those two. It fucks my chances now of getting a reasonable SG/SF for reasonable money when you took two and gave them stupid contracts.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

D'awww, poor Rob.

Nice article TJ, glad to see more activity in the editorial section. I'm not a massive fan of you trying to influence the way people trade with Cory. But the rest of it was a good read.

I get why it's a big deal though, it's not like it happens in real life, with the smaller NBA teams paying more money than a players worth... right?