News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The TeeJ of Philly

Except you do when teams can pay less for a first round pick and get the same production from him. Why should they trade with you when the can get the same production cheaper and save tht money to resign them in a year or not be locked in for overpaying Keaton.

I was speaking from my point of view on that. I wouldn't trade you being guy to overpay for Keaton. So the deal would have to add something else. I like picks over players.  And I like picks of value.

Rob

Well... There's me telling people not to trade with Cory. I guess his desperation is kind of my gain.

Also, for whoever does the Season 17 part of the spreadsheet. Ron de Veuster is a SF/SG not a PG/SG.
SixersEagles

[/center]

The TeeJ of Philly

You didn't take advantage of him enough rob.

GM Jimmy Gooch

As always, nice article, Teej.

Rob

Well, he did bend over
SixersEagles

[/center]

GM Franchise

No, actually you bent over...

Quote from: Rob on August 10, 2014, 06:06:27 PM
I think we should all vow right now not to trade with Cory.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Quote from: GM Franchise on August 13, 2014, 12:48:54 PM
No, actually you bent over...

I think it was a fair situation. I had to rid of Keaton and wasnt going to get much if anything, a S18 2nd rounder was the going rate, and I got an upgrade on my 8th in Sniep who should be able to get 6-7pts a game, and with 0 picks in the draft Rob now has a legit SG/SF and complete roster under the cap. Win-win.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Talon

I thought we could trade s18 picks until the off season.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

GM Franchise

Quote from: Talon on August 13, 2014, 02:12:46 PM

This is what I brought up earlier. I don't think they can be traded until the season is over.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Quote from: Talon on August 13, 2014, 02:12:46 PM

If thats the case, could easily just make it "for considerations" and just swap the pick after. No sense holding up a deal.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Domingo

Nice article, TJ.

I understand why you would put me on the losing end of free agency, but I wasn't really interested in scrambling around making offers for free agents that I wasn't interested in having on my team. As much as I would have liked for Lee to stay, him leaving is a blessing since I can pick up a player in the Draft to replace him at a cheaper contract and continue to have my team grow together and play better as a unit.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion on the subject,  but interesting to see what others think.

The TeeJ of Philly

I understand like I said for others. I don't remember who targeted who or what the offers were bin hindsight I should have had you first then reno

Domingo

Oh, was that for people that were bidding for free agents? I didn't bid to talk to any.

The TeeJ of Philly

For both. Who I felt lost and won free agency. Basically who helped their team next year and didn't.

GM Hannibal

Quote from: Cory on August 13, 2014, 02:32:51 PM
If thats the case, could easily just make it "for considerations" and just swap the pick after. No sense holding up a deal.

Exactly. To be fair though in most sports management games dont you usually get to manage your picks for the upcoming draft as well as the one after? When I started I was allowed to trade my s17 pick for Konda, despite the fact that the s16 draft hadnt happened yet.