News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Jimmy Gooch

Quote from: Strike on September 28, 2014, 02:05:42 PM
Also, fellas, I've also been keeping track on future confirmed stuff and did a tracker for the S18 draft picks stuff to make life easier on Ian and the rest of us. Let me know if you catch any mishaps, etc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oNIPMwaXv9cBME4hqbR5pQu3WFBB6dPsOnf5ASoWXMU/edit

Great work, Strike!

Taurus

I didn't accidentally try and pick someone who had already been picked, that'd be crazy. <_< >_>

Talon

You may have made a bigger mistake in editing the post to change your pick.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Cory

Quote from: Talon on September 30, 2014, 02:42:21 PM

this

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

¿PapaPancho?

* PapaPancho backs away from Taurus slowly

GM Franchise

His punishment will be a Flips Basement bench.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Strike

Quote from: GM Franchise on September 30, 2014, 03:51:09 PM
His punishment will be a Flips Basement bench.

So...his bench from last year makes a return? Got it.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Strike on September 30, 2014, 04:56:34 PM
So...his bench from last year makes a return? Got it.

That will be punishment enough going by their stat lines, lol.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

The TeeJ of Philly

* The Soul of Philly looks at PR budgets around the league

* The Soul of Philly looks at Coaching salary

* The Soul of Philly looks at rookie "scale"

Something amiss here.....

¿PapaPancho?

I think, and I include myself here, most teams will have to realize that they are small market.  I see that creeping up a lot in the expectations and perhaps we just have to be willing to let a player go if his salary cap demand is 5 million.  What's the point if the budgets keep getting raised if we can't balance the one we have?

Again I include myself in this but if you draft a guy and don't know what he is how are you going to possibly know how to promote him correctly?  It's a scary thought letting a guy go but if everyone collectively starts behaving that way then we could REALLY influence the game.

Just look at Talon and his hard line stance against Krease McCool.

J-Reb

You also have to remember you have an out each offseason.  If your guy turns out to be a dud, he can be left unprotected, and sent to the SL. 

In Franchise's case, his rep is poor, and he's in no place to negotiate.  Thems the brakes.

GM Hannibal

Yeah, it's a little nuts. I thought having 13 million to put a bench of rookies together wouldn't be an issue, but seeing guys in the middle of the second round getting 8 million kind of throws a wrench into that. Hopefully I can get Kennedy Frazier for something similar to what Hondo got Barbosa for.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: PapaPancho on September 30, 2014, 07:41:49 PM
I think, and I include myself here, most teams will have to realize that they are small market.  I see that creeping up a lot in the expectations and perhaps we just have to be willing to let a player go if his salary cap demand is 5 million.  What's the point if the budgets keep getting raised if we can't balance the one we have?

Again I include myself in this but if you draft a guy and don't know what he is how are you going to possibly know how to promote him correctly?  It's a scary thought letting a guy go but if everyone collectively starts behaving that way then we could REALLY influence the game.

Just look at Talon and his hard line stance against Krease McCool.

Very valid point. But I know how to promote my players correctly! WHAT ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE PANCHO!?! HUH!?!?!

Kidding aside, I just look at it this way. Why in the world is the 25th pick looking for 10 million? That's top of the draft money. The 7th pick getting that is, to me at least, mindboggling in kayfabe (in the FBL universe) Let me explain further.

There should be a distinct honor, outside of getting promoted the heaviest, for the top 3 or top 5 picks. Not only do are getting promoted heavier (note: not better, that's up to the GMs) you're also making the most cheddar. If I'm Dan Hill or Chris Williams, or Derrick James, what's the difference between me and Henry Bates? 2-3 million in PR? The players don't see that money in their wallets so what do they care? Yeah they get their name on a few more billboards in their city, wooo, it's about money, as proven by the rule, not the exception in the FBL.

Also, from a PR standpoint, I don't see anything as far as PR going for the 22nd pick in the NBA draft (or that region if that specific player is international right now). This is my viewpoints of it, that a player that was drafted in the middle of the first round is getting promoted as much as the MVP is getting out of the gate. And now, a MVP is going to see that and be "Ok, why is that fool's name all over the place and mine's not as much? I gotta talk to my agent!" And the best players want even more in PR, all the while, because of a bad contract or two, a great coach wants to be paid almost half the PR cap.

I'll admit, I'm probably thinking more about this because of my own situation, but if my situation was better, I'd still feel the same "Hmmm, that seems too high, so does that, and this is already high, something going to break here...."

And for all I know, this could be another test of Ians for us to try to better ourselves at this game as Pancho said, and so far, everyone is failing.

J-Reb

Quote from: GM Hannibal on September 30, 2014, 07:57:14 PM
Yeah, it's a little nuts. I thought having 13 million to put a bench of rookies together wouldn't be an issue, but seeing guys in the middle of the second round getting 8 million kind of throws a wrench into that. Hopefully I can get Kennedy Frazier for something similar to what Hondo got Barbosa for.

If it were easy, it wouldn't be as fun. :)

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"