News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

This game is trying to balance a mixture of relationships, strategy, and staying the course.  My season 15 is probably the best example.  Had all the talent in the world and should have been a case of just staying the course and coasting to the championship, but my strategy has always been to keep an eye on building the future and I created an epic disaster. 

Sure, it takes a good team to win and sometimes talent will trump (see Waves. Foresters), but at the end of the day it's a mixture of all three. 

Believe it or not, you're not going to get fired for not winning a championship.   If that was the case I would have been fired a long time ago.  The owners don't expect to come out on top every season but they look for consistency and stability.  Most GMs, myself included, inflict pain on themselves.  Luckily for me I've been able to build a strong relationship with my owner through consistency.  A lot of GMs assume they will get fired and jump ship in the middle of the season.  Owners know you will have down years, but as long as you're making an effort to improve the team and build the relationships then you will survive. 

Having a top notch superstar always helps, but you don't necessarily need one.  However most GMs will turn their roster upside down, or give up team morality in efforts to capture a superstar.  Sometimes it's not worth it and instead keep a roster of a solid eight guys and you will have a great chance of winning.

Domingo

Quote from: T-Brother on October 01, 2014, 10:13:57 AM
Most GMs aren't even trying to negotiate....so the agents have all the power...

And the ones who do are getting walked out on, I see no point in that. I made an offer and was told what they wanted and why, having two top 15 players I figured it was going to be in that ballpark. Especially with the player I drafted.

Domingo

Have to agree with Justin, especially after the way my teams have played without that major star at the helm.  Majority of my teams that have made the finals have been solid players that do their part for the team.

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on October 01, 2014, 10:27:41 AM
This game is trying to balance a mixture of relationships, strategy, and staying the course.  My season 15 is probably the best example.  Had all the talent in the world and should have been a case of just staying the course and coasting to the championship, but my strategy has always been to keep an eye on building the future and I created an epic disaster. 

Sure, it takes a good team to win and sometimes talent will trump (see Waves. Foresters), but at the end of the day it's a mixture of all three. 

Believe it or not, you're not going to get fired for not winning a championship.   If that was the case I would have been fired a long time ago.  The owners don't expect to come out on top every season but they look for consistency and stability.  Most GMs, myself included, inflict pain on themselves.  Luckily for me I've been able to build a strong relationship with my owner through consistency.  A lot of GMs assume they will get fired and jump ship in the middle of the season.  Owners know you will have down years, but as long as you're making an effort to improve the team and build the relationships then you will survive. 

Having a top notch superstar always helps, but you don't necessarily need one.  However most GMs will turn their roster upside down, or give up team morality in efforts to capture a superstar.  Sometimes it's not worth it and instead keep a roster of a solid eight guys and you will have a great chance of winning.

Well said.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

Who did Nick Trehurd last play for?

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Jennifer

Trehurd was not a Mike Flips Guy.

Edit: He was in boise.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

jagilki

Today was first day of hunting season.  It's antelope, so here it is 10 AM and we're done, but up at 2 AM, and I hauled both animals to the vehicle (not like it was super hard) but, I'm going to nap a bit before doing anything internet.

Justin

Quote from: Jennifer on October 01, 2014, 11:10:34 AM
Trehurd was not a Mike Flips Guy.

Edit: He was in boise.

Thanks champ.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Now that they've been drafted and signed does anyone have any reports on Tate and Van Kle so I can see what I can possibly do pr wise with them
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

GM Hannibal

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on October 01, 2014, 01:10:27 PM
Now that they've been drafted and signed does anyone have any reports on Tate and Van Kle so I can see what I can possibly do pr wise with them

I'm pretty sure I have two for Lamar Tate in one of my lists. He's the swingman out of Duke, right?

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Jon

Powers, Terry Moore has already been signed.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Captain Metro

Quote from: Sgt. Josh Underpants on October 01, 2014, 01:10:27 PM

What are you offering in return?

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"