News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Hannibal

Quote from: Krazy on October 09, 2014, 01:58:34 PM
Its just frustrating that it was a simple mistake that I made and I am learning how to do things here. Next year will be a better post season.

I wouldn't take it seriously, man. People mess with each other, and at this point a lot of people are clinging to the only form of activity that we have right now.

With that said, there's one thing that you still haven't done and that's your minute strategy. You need to choose between focusing on a few key players, or using your bench. Both of the options are listed in your lock in and you need to pick one and delete the other. Everything else looks perfect.

Justin

Stop rush in the guy. Ian already said it was going to be another two weeks before we start the season because he is out of town for work.

Krazy

I copied from the template. Ok?

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Krazy on October 09, 2014, 02:31:11 PM

Still need to properly pick a minutes strategy.

Gates

And the template had both listed so that you could choose one.

But if it's going to take 2 weeks until the season starts, then there's no rush and no reason to jump down the guys throat.

Dorling

I think you need to chill out dude. There's a post that tells you everything you need to do. You were directed to it several times, but everything you've done suggests you did not read it. Initially, nobody was getting at you, we were trying to help you because the game can be hard for new players and it looked like you needed assistance. It seems like you're struggling to grasp a couple of the fundamentals at the moment, but that's ok.

However, your attitude became one of petulance and childishness extremely quickly and it was not at all pleasant to see. You will find it very hard to enjoy this game if you continue to act in such a way.

We have a little break now until the game is up and running again. Read through some other team threads, read the Free Agent thread that contains all of the rules for the game. Ask questions in this thread if you are not sure of something.

Then, when the game starts, keep your cool and enjoy yourself. If you do something wrong, there are a lot of other players in this game and it's more than likely that at least one of them will tell you. Don't take it as a personal attack, take it in the way it will be intended. People will only get snarky with you if you take it personally and start carrying on like you have done before.

Stay cool man.

Captain Metro

Quote from: Dorling on October 09, 2014, 02:50:49 PM
I think you need to chill out dude. There's a post that tells you everything you need to do. You were directed to it several times, but everything you've done suggests you did not read it. Initially, nobody was getting at you, we were trying to help you because the game can be hard for new players and it looked like you needed assistance. It seems like you're struggling to grasp a couple of the fundamentals at the moment, but that's ok.

However, your attitude became one of petulance and childishness extremely quickly and it was not at all pleasant to see. You will find it very hard to enjoy this game if you continue to act in such a way.

We have a little break now until the game is up and running again. Read through some other team threads, read the Free Agent thread that contains all of the rules for the game. Ask questions in this thread if you are not sure of something.

Then, when the game starts, keep your cool and enjoy yourself. If you do something wrong, there are a lot of other players in this game and it's more than likely that at least one of them will tell you. Don't take it as a personal attack, take it in the way it will be intended. People will only get snarky with you if you take it personally and start carrying on like you have done before.

Stay cool man.

#HailDorling

Though if history suggests ... this friendly advice will likely lead to your thought getting penetrated ... though at least it's not in the way Pancho prefers.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

FXBlade

To be fair, stop riding the guy!

We were all in his position once. Yeah we can all criticise and mean it as a joke, but in z forum like this, it doesn't always come across like that.

Yeah some people posted things in here, but did anyone actually PM the guy and offer him friendly advice?

GM Franchise

Quote from: Blade on October 09, 2014, 03:52:38 PM
Yeah some people posted things in here, but did anyone actually PM the guy and offer him friendly advice?

Yes and got no response for the offer to show him the ropes.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

The TeeJ of Philly

I was in his position until I looked at other team threads to see what they were doing. Which is something i said at least three times.

Shit I almost saved BDs job in Wyoming my first time out.

Domingo

Quote from: GM Franchise on October 09, 2014, 03:54:48 PM

Well, he learned about not listening to Franchise quick. He must have listened to someone.  ;)

FXBlade

Quote from: GM Franchise on October 09, 2014, 03:54:48 PM

Then if that's the case then I retract it all

Gravedigger

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on October 09, 2014, 04:23:13 PM
I was in his position until I looked at other team threads to see what they were doing. Which is something i said at least three times.

Shit I almost saved BDs job in Wyoming my first time out.

This.

I learned by seeing what you other guys were doing... it took less than a minute to get it down. Yes, there's a break now, but that still doesn't mean someone in the game has to keep making mistakes that could be fixed almost immediately with a quick look...

Rob

Never mind, it is done with now.

He's actually got a fairly solid looking team I think aside from that troublesome PF position and AC. Despite all this he'll probably do better than Franchise.
SixersEagles

[/center]

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Domingo on October 09, 2014, 04:25:17 PM
Well, he learned about not listening to Franchise quick. He must have listened to someone.  ;)

+ 1  Attaboy