News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

One more piece of advice from me: never play the game drunk/tired or when you're having a bad day. Just check out my demise in Tempe to see why.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

GM Franchise

Quote from: TimBucktuo on January 17, 2015, 09:31:26 PM
Thank you for the advice I will copy paste it onto notepad. How does someone kill people and blow off coaches? I read through some threads and I didn't see any murders or sex

Read the Anchorage thread. I drank gasoline with Cappy Fields and the fun ensued from there.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

TimBucktuo

I learned from the Tempe team thread not to be mean to my players.

Kirk

If you read the Seattle team thread, you'll learn the importance of blowing your coaches.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

GM Franchise

Quote from: Kirk on January 17, 2015, 09:37:45 PM
If you read the Seattle team thread, you'll learn the importance of blowing your coaches.

Do you mean that literally or figuratively?
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

TimBucktuo

Im not a very fast reader so it might take a long time to read everything

GM Franchise

Quote from: TimBucktuo on January 17, 2015, 09:39:40 PM
Im not a very fast reader so it might take a long time to read everything

You have plenty of time. This season is only half over and you don't start until after the playoffs end.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Remember the difference between your coach and your owner
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

TimBucktuo

Ok, I will How do you forget the difference?

Mike Powers

Quote from: PapaPancho on January 17, 2015, 08:04:48 PM
You will then be given 3 colors. Green = Sales pitch in thread. Orange = Meh show me the money and nothing else. Red = Thanks but suck my balls.

That only works for pre free agency or mid season free agency. Actual free agency is a free for all first come first serve.

I thought that green/orange pitches/offers were sent in via pm, not in the thread.

Welcome new guy!

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Quote from: TimBucktuo on January 17, 2015, 09:47:40 PM
Ok, I will How do you forget the difference?

Wake up and respond whe still possibly drunk
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 17, 2015, 09:48:53 PM
I thought that green/orange pitches/offers were sent in via pm, not in the thread.

Welcome new guy!

I thought that as well.

Kirk

Quote from: Mike Powers on January 17, 2015, 09:48:53 PM

Welcome new guy!

Where are the rules posted so that we can check? Was it just something that was announced in this thread? I'm never going to find it if that's the case.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

The TeeJ of Philly

Some reading you can do to see several ways of doing things:

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/boards/index.php?topic=18211.0

This is my old team, the Montreal Foresters, my first season playing the game, I sent a player to his death, brought a players ego down to Earth, convinced a coach that it would be best to sit our best player for his future, only to blame him when everyone asked why he was sitting. Then I slowly built my team up to something good before the team was taken away by the Super League

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/boards/index.php?topic=18213.0

Three GMs in 4 years. A whole lot of "What not to do" here.

http://www.marksforxcellence.com/boards/index.php?topic=16227.0

The Top Moment in FBL thread. A lot of the moments are top because they're funny for all the wrong reasons and a great reminder that this game is filled with bat shit personalities trying to deal with bat shit insane people.

As far as shadowing a team, I'd suggest one of the following:

Reno Shooters
Anchorage Glaciers
Boston Bells
Champaign Naturals

Reno is a good way to see how someone in the process of building the team and GM Hannibal is a newish GM who has done a lot of good things with his team

I GM Anchorage and am currently trying to rebuild the team after the disaster that was GM Franchise

Mike Powers GMs Boston, a team with a lot of history, some interesting personalities on the team, and is currently rebuilding the team as well. Powers has been around for a while and has done a lot of things he regrets and maybe one thing he's proud of so he's a good GM to read

GM Strike GMs Champaign, a brand new team with a lot of retread players with some personalities to them. Strike has been around just as long as Powers and also has made a few mistakes, but he had a good team in Texas a few seasons ago.

The TeeJ of Philly

Kirk, it's the same as last season, Ian posted the rules last season.