News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Read the Hayseeds and Waves threads. Their GMs have been there from the start. That would be two good threads to read.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Kirk

Quote from: The TeeJ of Philly on January 17, 2015, 10:00:58 PM
Kirk, it's the same as last season, Ian posted the rules last season.

I know it's the same as last season, but I'm just trying to find the official post. My memory isn't good enough to get all the details right and I didn't think to save the new procedure somewhere.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Kirk

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 17, 2015, 10:05:04 PM
Read the Hayseeds and Waves threads. Their GMs have been there from the start. That would be two good threads to read.

I don't think those ones are particularly useful for a new player coming into a gutted team. The ones mentioned by TJ would be the best to get a handle on how things are done. Jacksonville would be another good one because Gooch was doing a good job before he retired.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Gates

If my memory serves me right the final offer for a green interested player and the offer for an orange interested player get PMed, but I believe you are supposed to sell your team/reason for wanting to sign the green interested players in your team thread.

I know I did that with the one green I got back last season and I think a few others did as well. It might not matter. Perhaps Ian will give a recap of the process when Free Agency goes live.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Kirk on January 17, 2015, 10:07:48 PM
I don't think those ones are particularly useful for a new player coming into a gutted team. The ones mentioned by TJ would be the best to get a handle on how things are done. Jacksonville would be another good one because Gooch was doing a good job before he retired.

If that's the case then switch out Anchorage with Providence then since Anchorage was a revolving door there for awhile.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on August 08, 2014, 04:22:52 AM
I will explain free agency and our new format to stop debate.

If you get green that means the player has a high priority in wanting to play for you. It means as well you are required to pitch to his agent (or him/her if they dont have one) the benefits of coming to your franchise in your team thread. Call it a PR and sales job. You then submit a contract offer to me via PM for a green one maybe finishing your pitch with 'here is our offer, please take your time to go away and consider us'. That ends the conversation. Dont be hanging around for the agent to say 'ok' or 'bye'. People need to get better at this generally.

Orange means the agent/player is willing to receive a formalized offer from you (via PM) its a list of numbers. Any fluff on why they should join the team will be dismissed. You are offering a contract and depending on the players needs/wants he/she might go for money or potential success the team has to offer.

Red means they are not interested so you dont have to do anything.

The process of the pitches please just call them in one by one, dont expect responses from me, just post yourself. Make the assumption the agent/player has arrived and your pitching them.

Right now if you have an orange you should be submitting them to me. Can do them all on one PM if you lay it out right. Remember no fluff...

I am also going to introduce next season a "max salary cap" for rookies. It means you will be able to sign a rookie up to a max of 10 million a season (hurray he hears folk shout) but all rookie contracts will be a maximum of 2 years...time to make things interesting.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Also would recommend the Flyers thread as well.

Gates

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 17, 2015, 10:09:51 PM
If that's the case then switch out Anchorage with Providence then since Anchorage was a revolving door there for awhile.

Eh, I don't know if Providence would be a good one. Maybe up until Rob's departure, but ever since it's been a team thread about how to keep a job more then how to have success in the FBL.

GM Franchise

Quote from: C.J. Gates on January 17, 2015, 10:13:09 PM
Eh, I don't know if Providence would be a good one. Maybe up until Rob's departure, but ever since it's been a team thread about how to keep a job more then how to have success in the FBL.

That's why I suggested it. Pittsburgh is another one.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 17, 2015, 10:09:51 PM

I was talking about shadowing a team for just this year with those four teams. The more important reading he should do are the links I gave him.

Honestly Kentucky and Puerto Rico are the worsts threads for new guys to read because Hondo and Justin have been there so long that Hondo blows off his coach and instead of getting the "coach quits" he still gets his top level coach dealing with an affair. And Justin fucked up Bobby Chang and the only person who cares is his coach, but not enough to be affected. You read those, you think have an idea of how to handle things but both of those two have far more leash to play with than everyone else.

Mike Powers

Good job Jon!  Thanks!

GM Franchise

Quote from: The TeeJ of Philly on January 17, 2015, 10:17:17 PM
I was talking about shadowing a team for just this year with those four teams. The more important reading he should do are the links I gave him.

Nah, you brought over a lot of talent and some picks with you. Tempe before Dorling's departure and New Mexico would be two to look at since both teams had one or two players to start with. I'm sure there were others but those two I remember having almost no players at the start of the season.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

ROUGH GUIDE ON THOSE WHO WILL BE FREE AGENTS, SHOULD HAVE OBMITTED RETIRED PLAYERS AND THOSE WHO HAVE AGREED DEALS WITH THEIR CURRENT TEAM.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

GM Franchise

Also factoring in Tempe not having picks into that statement as well.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: GM Franchise on January 17, 2015, 10:19:32 PM
Nah, you brought over a lot of talent and some picks with you. Tempe before Dorling's departure and New Mexico would be two to look at since both teams had one or two players to start with. I'm sure there were others but those two I remember having almost no players at the start of the season.

I'm not suggesting him to read those threads all the way, I'm saying to shadow for the rest of the year, to follow what the GMs do as they'll have similiar situations to what he's doing. 3 of the 4 are rebuilding in different ways, Reno is building a team with a young GM. You aren't rebuilding the team as much as rehabing your image using New Mexico as your rehab house.