News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

OUT OF CHARACTER BOARD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, May 04, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Quote from: Jon on May 28, 2016, 07:48:07 AM
I don't think you made a bad trade... but you didn't make the trade prior to the list coming up. You made the trade a good 12+ hours before it. 

I made the trade 2pm yesterday afternoon and the draft class came out 4am yesterday. You're probably thinking of Josh's deal
SixersEagles

[/center]

Talon

Well consider that the one mulligan.

Careful in your FCD's lads.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Talon

Folks, please brush up on the rules thread one more time when you have time.  There have been some tweaks made to the rules, especially with the lock in process.

Anything in YELLOW is optional as an "ADVANCED SETTING" meaning you can choose a simpler version of this relying more on your coaches, or you can do it yourself to add more of a personal touch to the team. 

Also the trade deadline has been changed to a Trade Window, meaning once you lock in for week 1 you may not trade until the one week window when you are allowed to potentially make two trades (which allows the ability to do a 3-team trade).

Also the draft rules have been changed slightly to reflect a more "fair" rule for when you run out of time on the draft clock, similar to the NFL's rules, when your time runs out you are skipped, but may make your pick at anytime after, but other teams can continue to draft normally, potentially stealing the player you intend to draft before you pick them.

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Dorling

I know nothing about basketball tactics, so would avoiding advanced tactics put me at a disadvantage?

Conversely, would using advanced tactics mean that players with an understanding of how basketball works be able to mitigate having awful coaches?

If either of these is the case, it would put me and others like me at a disadvantage in the game I think.

Adam Wrong

Quote from: Dorling on May 28, 2016, 12:24:42 PM
I know nothing about basketball tactics, so would avoiding advanced tactics put me at a disadvantage?

Conversely, would using advanced tactics mean that players with an understanding of how basketball works be able to mitigate having awful coaches?

If either of these is the case, it would put me and others like me at a disadvantage in the game I think.

This was going to be my post

Talon

Quote from: Dorling on May 28, 2016, 12:24:42 PM

No, coaches all have sound strategies for the most part, even if they suck at their jobs they know how basketball works, so having them run things for you will not harm you, it may actually help you not put in place a strategy that doesn't fit your team.

As for Using the advanced settings, it is really just a more detailed way of asking your coaches to do something.  You might play with some things to get a young guy more minutes late in the season (instead of asking your coach to do it and hoping he does it how you'd like).

All in all it won't be a mega difference in how the game plays, so using/not using wont tilt the scales unfairly.  Allowing your coaches to do things is the best bet to go with if you aren't familiar with basketball.

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Cory

I already asked him this in a PM earlier in the week.

Q: For the gameplay you had the option for Coaches Decision or the option to chose all your own stuff. For someone who its fairly green when it comes to basketball, is auto-piloting it to Coaches Decision a disadvantage v/s those who understand the game more or if you have a coach with a good rating his gameplan will be good and a shit coach it'd be shit?

A: No penalty for a letting the coaches decide, each coach has their own style, none are right or wrong, it really just comes to putting together a team that fits what the coaches system is.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Talon

Your coaches main skills/grades are based on how they work with/develop certain positions, what type of basketball they coach best, and also the morale/motivating factors. 

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

GM Franchise

I love the advanced strategy component of the game. That's the stuff I'm knowledgeable about.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Gravedigger

Quote from: GM Franchise on May 28, 2016, 12:54:23 PM
I love the advanced strategy component of the game. That's the stuff I'm knowledgeable about.

Sure.....

GM Franchise

Quote from: Gravedigger on May 28, 2016, 02:26:28 PM
Sure.....

I coached basketball at my school until the end of March lol.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Gravedigger

Quote from: GM Franchise on May 28, 2016, 03:18:08 PM
I coached basketball at my school until the end of March lol.

I've seen plenty of clueless coaches in my days....

Side note... Your team good?

GM Franchise

Quote from: Gravedigger on May 28, 2016, 03:19:33 PM
I've seen plenty of clueless coaches in my days....

Side note... Your team good?

My 4th graders made it to the finals and lost to a team that had a few 5th graders on it. We were number one overall in the standings at the end of the season.

Dorling

Quote from: GM Franchise on May 28, 2016, 03:51:25 PM
My 4th graders made it to the finals and lost to a team that had a few 5th graders on it. We were number one overall in the standings at the end of the season.

And who would be your preferred assistant here in the FBL?

GM Franchise

Quote from: Dorling on May 28, 2016, 03:54:38 PM
And who would be your preferred assistant here in the FBL?

All the coaches I'd prefer already had teams when we started back up. Well them and Tuffy pre-Hulk. 8)