Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

2015 NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Cory, September 04, 2015, 02:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Broncos traded with the 49ers to acquire Vernon Davis.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

In other 49ers news Colin Kaepernick just got benched for Blaine Gabbert lol.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Alabama at #4 over Baylor is a fucking joke.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Captain Metro

Quote from: Cory on November 03, 2015, 11:10:02 PM
Alabama at #4 over Baylor is a fucking joke.

... have you seen Baylor's schedule? Baylor higher than Memphis is more of a joke.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Cory

You play the schedule you're given, and Baylor has destroyed every team in their path. Bama has a home loss and a two loss, and pretty shit Ole Miss team.

Cory

and I'm not saying Baylor should be in the top 4 (they've had a few trap games, but nothing serious yet), Im saying Alabama over Baylor at #4 is a joke, I'd have Michigan State and Baylor higher than Bama.

At least they got Clemson and LSU right.

Jon

You guys are putting too much stock into the first rankings.

If Bama beats LSU then they'll deserve a top 4 spot. If they lose, then they'll fall back out. So it's not that big of a deal really.

Baylor, TCU have played soft schedules. They get harder coming up and they have a date against each other in a few weeks. So that'll sort itself out too.

Memphis will end up slipping up against Houston or Temple... or NAVY this week! GO MIDSHIPMEN!

I actually think Notre Dame should have been in the 4 spot, but that's just me. They also have some really difficult games upcoming. So if they win out, they'll be a no brainer Top 4 team.

Michigan State/Ohio State... they play each other too. Whoever loses, that'll be the end of there chances.

Iowa has a soft as butter schedule. But if they win out and beat whoever wins out in the other division in the B10 CG... then it's hard to not include them, but also wouldn't be shocked to a) see them slip up at some point and b) get left out even if they win out.

If Florida wins out and wins SEC CG, they'll have a spot in the Top 4. But that is the only way they end up there.

I think if Stanford wins out and wins P-12 CG, they'll be a strong candidate for a Top 4 spot. They probably need Northwestern to do well still and not fall off completely. And on the flip side if Utah does the same, it could have a good argument too despite their lopsided loss to USC.

The Oklahoma schools will have cases... but I think they both need to win out as well to have any shot.

It's still so early in the season to take these rankings seriously yet. So many games left to be played out.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Captain Metro

By your arugment then Notre Dame should be in the 4 spot given their only loss is to the #1 team in the nation. You argument about "destroying" teams for Baylor ... have you watched a Memphis game. Very similar and they've played a better slate to this point (and I don't know if Navy/Temple aren't better games than anyone Baylor will play aside from TCU).

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

J-Reb

Quote from: Cory on November 04, 2015, 11:58:19 AM
You play the schedule you're given, and Baylor has destroyed every team in their path. Bama has a home loss and a two loss, and pretty shit Ole Miss team.

That's not how college football works any more. You don't play the schedule you're given - you go out and get a better schedule.

Cory

Quote from: Captain Metro on November 04, 2015, 12:18:44 PM
By your arugment then Notre Dame should be in the 4 spot given their only loss is to the #1 team in the nation. You argument about "destroying" teams for Baylor ... have you watched a Memphis game. Very similar and they've played a better slate to this point (and I don't know if Navy/Temple aren't better games than anyone Baylor will play aside from TCU).

I've actually watched about 4 Memphis games to check out Lynch, to say Memphis should be ranked higher than Baylor is kinda LOL. Considering where Baylor started from pre-season rankings and their wins over Texas Tech and West Virginia, two teams that would be major problems for Memphis, and Memphis only having one legit win against an Ole Miss team that by where Bama is ranked is pretty much worthless.

Im really pumped for Florida to meet LSU/Bama in the SEC championship....Gators have the best defense in the nation and were a fake field goal away from beating LSU without a QB.

I too have ND over Bama for top 1 loss team.

1. Clemson
2. LSU
3. Ohio State
4. Michigan St

5. Notre Dame
6. Baylor

GM Franchise

Ben Roethlisberger is injured again.

Cory

Quote from: Jon on November 04, 2015, 12:16:35 PM
Memphis will end up slipping up against Houston or Temple... or NAVY this week! GO MIDSHIPMEN!

Damn, crystal ball.

Cory

Antonio Brown had one hell of a day though

Cory

These refs must be on Jerry Jones payroll.