Comic Book Movies Thread(thanks you fucking Asian)

Started by Gary, January 13, 2011, 04:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Marc showed this too me a few minutes ago.. I like it.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Jonny Worldbeater

CRAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINN

Yeah, sorry, not diggin' that.

Rob

Why are gay looking emo's taking over the superhero thing? That guy in Smallville looked pretty much like a big faggy emo and now this guy. If they ever do this to Batman then I am swearing off comics, films and and pretty much my entire childhood for the rest of my life.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Black Death

kind of indifferent to it ... don't know what to think about it
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Marq

Quote from: Jonny Worldbeater on January 13, 2011, 07:02:50 PM
CRAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINN

Yeah, sorry, not diggin' that.

I'm pretty sure if you'd just gotten into a fight, presumably with something like the Lizard, you wouldn't be all smiles, either.

This is just after one of the first big fights, and c'mon, look at the scratch marks on his face! The humanity!

EDIT: And it's Spider-Man. If there's ANYONE out there more fucking emo than Batman, it's Spider-Man.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Gary

[/center]

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: Marq on January 13, 2011, 07:31:39 PMI'm pretty sure if you'd just gotten into a fight, presumably with something like the Lizard, you wouldn't be all smiles, either.

This is just after one of the first big fights, and c'mon, look at the scratch marks on his face! The humanity!

EDIT: And it's Spider-Man. If there's ANYONE out there more fucking emo than Batman, it's Spider-Man.

And if there's any character that's become a thoroughly unlikable douche because of his portrayals in recent years, it's Spider-Man.

You know what was great? When Spider-Man was a fun, energetic wise-cracking hero who overcame his problems or used them to motivate him, instead of a whining, crying, brooding little toolbox. Batman has the market cornered on the Brooding Badass heroes. Spider-Man is really not a brooding badass.

I know of one, and only one adaptation in recent years that got what Spider-Man is about:

I still think they should've just gotten Josh Keaton to play the new movie Spidey. For one, he was already playing the character and doing a fucking great job, and for two:

GM Franchise

Not liking it at all. He looks like something out of Twilight but in tights. I bet he sparkles when he takes the suit off. What garbage.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Death

only indifferent because it a picture , need FMV to make  a good judgement if I am going to like it or not .

need to see him in action
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Marq

Quote from: Jonny Worldbeater on January 13, 2011, 07:53:20 PM
And if there's any character that's become a thoroughly unlikable douche because of his portrayals in recent years, it's Spider-Man.

You know what was great? When Spider-Man was a fun, energetic wise-cracking hero who overcame his problems or used them to motivate him, instead of a whining, crying, brooding little toolbox. Batman has the market cornered on the Brooding Badass heroes. Spider-Man is really not a brooding badass.

I know of one, and only one adaptation in recent years that got what Spider-Man is about:

I still think they should've just gotten Josh Keaton to play the new movie Spidey. For one, he was already playing the character and doing a fucking great job, and for two:

JB, what the fuck are you talking about? If you're talking about the universally-despised "One More Day" storyarc, that is the ONLY thing that could conceivably turn Spider-Man into a "douche." ONE story-arc, by ONE writer who was mandated by ONE editor. In fact, the "Brand New Day" stories were specifically created to bring him back to basics, so the fact you're painting it like Marvel engineered a completely new essence for Spider-Man on a general level is ridiculous. If you're talking about the movies, chalk that up to Tobey's complete and utter lack of comedic abilities, and the lack of "funny Spidey" in the screenplays. As far as an everyman? He was it. The underdog? He was it. Funny? Not so much, and again, I'll give you that. But I'm having a real hard time believing that the character's become THAT much of a "tool" to the point that he's "unlikable." Outside of comics, he was in "Spectacular," as you mentioned, and was the Spidey we all know in the video games ("Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2," "Web of Shadows," "Shattered Dimensions," the upcoming "Marvel vs. Capcom 3" etc.). So if the character's turned into such a douchebag on such an epic level as you've alluded to, I wanna see some proof.

As for "emo," do you guys even have a clear definition anymore? 'Cause it sounds to me like "emo" to ya'll means "something that's dark, and I don't like it." What makes it "Twilight?" Explain it to me. Is it the fact that it's nighttime and the dude's hair is disheveled? The expression on his face after getting his face clearly roughed up in a fight? 'Cause the only similar thing between this and "Twilight" would be the fact it's set in high school. For God's sake -- he's holding his backpack in the picture!

This is on-set during filming -- dark and "emo" enough for you guys?
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Gary

[/center]

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: Marq on January 13, 2011, 10:41:02 PMJB, what the fuck are you talking about? If you're talking about the universally-despised "One More Day" storyarc, that is the ONLY thing that could conceivably turn Spider-Man into a "douche." ONE story-arc, by ONE writer. In fact, the "Brand New Day" stories were specifically created to rectify the problem and bring him back to basics, so the fact you're painting it like Marvel engineered a completely new essence for Spider-Man on a general level is ridiculous. If you're talking about the movies, chalk that up to Tobey's complete and utter lack of comedic abilities, and the lack of "funny Spidey" in the screenplays. As far as an everyman? He was it. The underdog? He was it. Funny? Not so much, and again, I'll give you that. But I'm having a real hard time believing that the character's become THAT much of a "tool" to the point that he's "unlikable." Outside of comics, he was in "Spectacular," as you mentioned, and was the Spidey we all know in the video games ("Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2," "Web of Shadows," "Shattered Dimensions," the upcoming "Marvel vs. Capcom 3" etc.). So if the character's turned into such a douchebag on such an epic level as you've alluded to, I wanna see some proof.

There was an article posted a while back on (IIRC) scans-daily that went through and basically pointed out in various instances how post-BND has devolved into a 30-year old drunken douchebag still living with his aunt and sleeping around and uses women, 'cause that's Marvel's idea of a relatable heroic figure. I read it a while ago and unfortunately have since been unable to find it again, but reading it through and having seen many examples of Marvel's complete lack of respect towards the characters and the fanbase just completely soured me not just on the Spider-Man book, but on the entire company altogether.

In lieu of the article itself, here's a number of links regarding Spidey's character derailment, including one mentioned on Cracked.com set in an alternate future where he's 60 years old, broken down, alone and constantly miserable because his wife got cancer from his radioactive semen.

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/718353.html?thread=19573521
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/1624939.html?thread=52801643
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2634012.html
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2542484.html
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=329389
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=329574

And the Cracked.com thing:
http://www.cracked.com/article/151_5-superheroes-rendered-ridiculous-by-gritty-reboots_p2

Gary

[/center]

Jonny Worldbeater

BTW, as far as the whole re-boot goes let me just make it clear that I'm not going to pass judgment on the whole thing just based on one picture. However, that one picture of a sullen, mopey, 'darker, grittier and edgier' Spider-Man does not exactly instill me with confidence.

It just makes me sad to see how badly fucked over one of my favourite superhero characters has been over the years, to the point that I'm fully prepared to basically remove myself as a Marvel customer because of the way the company portrays my favourite characters, and in a lot of ways really seems to treat me and many of it's other fans and loyal customers like shit to promote their own egotistical agendas. It may have started with One More Day, but it's only snow-balled from there.

Anyways, I think I've gotten riled up enough over this already, so I think at this point I should probably find something else to do or talk about that won't get me so pissed off.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Gary

Quote from: Jonny Worldbeater on January 14, 2011, 12:07:49 AM
BTW, as far as the whole re-boot goes let me just make it clear that I'm not going to pass judgment on the whole thing just based on one picture. However, that one picture of a sullen, mopey, 'darker, grittier and edgier' Spider-Man does not exactly instill me with confidence.

Dude the guy looks like he just got out of a fight...is he supposed to look all smiles?

[/center]