News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Lost Final Season Official Thread

Started by Gary, January 26, 2010, 03:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

what i mean by downward sprial is the push to the last shows when the tension starts to build ,  waitng for that
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gary

At least we now know what the numbers meant!

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Fnord

not really... they just seem random still...

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Gary

4-8-15-16-23-42 the numbers Jacob assigned to the people he touched, and Hurley's lotto numbers. Remember when 815 crashed there where 42 survivors that have dwindled down to the ones we see now, so it sort of makes sense..and I think its the only explanation we will get. Curiously..Kate's number wasnt shown.

[/center]

Gary

BTW nice thing I noticed..the order of character centric episodes is following the same path as Season 1... Ep 1 was Jack, Ep 2 Kate, Ep 3 was Locke

[/center]

Black Death

it setting up nicely that one of them will end up being the guardian of the island ,  who will it be and why does it need a guardian ,  fake locke same  to think it all bullshit

Ryan Ruckus

The idea that the island doesn't need a protector is bs, if for no other reason than the fountain of immortality we saw sayid dunked into. My guess is both jacob and esau (?) Are constants, with the ability to take host bodies. Esau is now locke. Jacob is now sayid. As far as richards chains are concerned, i'd venture a guess he was a slave aboard the black rock. As far as esau just "wanting" to go home, the biblical jazz might not be far off. If esau is lucifer, banished from heaven to earth, that could be an explanation. But I don't yet get how that ties in to esau and his death. Also, if you're just waiting for it to suck, stop watching. Even if they tie it up (comparably) beautifully, there will still be those who are disatisfied. Just look at battlestar. Almost everybody marked out for the finale of that, and I thought it was so omgus, that it ruined the whole series for me.

Gary

Yeah not everyone is gonna walk away happy, because everyone with this show has a different theory as to how its going to end or wrap up loose ends.. sadly the only way its gonna happen its how the writers want it too. Will it suck? More than likely. But we've spent 6 years with the show why give up now? As for not needing protection? Of course thats BS, he just told Sawyer that to get his way.

[/center]

Ryan Ruckus

So here's a theory. What if Jacob can only "posess" those that are alive (Walt, etc.) and Esau can only "possess" those who are either dead, or not buried (Christian, Locke, etc.). But Esau is bound by the knowledge and memories of the body he's in (i.e. his knowledge of Locke's final thought.) So even if Jacob doesn't possess people, it'd explain why the temple folks would be "in a lot of trouble" if Sayid died. Cause then, Esau could posses a man with working knowledge of survival training and psychological profiling in the form of Sayid, which wouldbe WAY worse than the limited (comparably) abilities of John Locke.

Also, this obviously isn't the first time Jacob "died," cause when Ilana learned Jacob was dead, she gathered up his ashes in a sack. Same kind of ashes were used to ward off the smoke monster, when the temple folks learned of Jacob's death. I'm still not entirely sold on the idea that Jacob's a good guy. But we'll see... 

Gary

Well the little boy could be Jacob, we only know from Anti-Jacob that Jacob is looking for a new Jacob..doesnt have to be the truth. There is a theory that Jacob lives on a loop.

Also if the new Jacob theory is true..im voting for Hurley.

[/center]

Black Death

hillman states a nice theory , i thinking along that line also .  I feel jacob is the better side of this conflict ...but you have to remember people who went into the cave that led to temple can back change and violent

Gary

Sayid as evil...kicks ass! Claire is creepy as fuck! The show is picking up.

[/center]

Ryan Ruckus

Dude, kung-fu battle in the first 10 minutes of the episode???
SICK!
To all the folks who think they're going to screw the pooch on the final season, I say, you're obviously not paying attention.
Good stuff, JJ. Call me, we should work together.

Fnord

This last episode was crunchy!  I really enjoyed it and Evil Sayed is awesome!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Midas

I just wait to see the entire picture but as it stands right now I feel that the writers are taking advantage of this the alternate present...

I mean we are suppose to believe that Jacob encountered Jack at the vending machine for the first time yet with Jacob and the island gone in the alternate present Jack has a kid...

I mean how did that encountere effect Jack having a kid...

I could see a encounter with Sawyer as a kid not taking place swinging Sawyers future and causing this alternate reality...

But we are never shown a encounter with Sayid and Jacob during his life before the island so how is Jacob and the island not being around going to change him so much that his women is married to his brother.

I am just finding it hard to believe some of these outlanddish alternate present scenarios they are making up for the losties...

In due time I might change my mind but I find myself rolling my eyes during the alternate present scenes more then enjoying them...