Main Menu

Official Superhero Game Thread

Started by Gary, February 23, 2010, 01:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirkland

Triple B

Quote from: Murder101 on February 24, 2010, 08:06:41 PM
The Sentry (Robert Reynolds)

AH hell... that was my second round pick.

And I didn't take Superman, because he's vulnerable to rock (Kryptonie) has a conscious, and can't take magic.  Basically... he can be turned into a puss REAL quick.

So... I've got the best brains in the comic industry on my side.  And Wolverine is off the board, so I need to think of a different scrapper.   So... I'm going to need some muscle...

1. Batman (Bruce Wayne)
2. Shazzam

He has all the power of Superman, and IS magic.  He's beaten him before, he can do it again.  Wierd that I'm a Marvel guy picking DC peeps, but oh well.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Gary

After Round 1 the Draft looks like this..

Triple B: Bruce Wayne (Batman)
Jag: Steve Rogers (Cap America)
Bone: Wally West (Flash)
BD: Wolverine,
Speedy: Peter Parker (Spiderman)
Lemke: Superman (Clark Kent)
Allister Black: Hal Jordan (Green Lantern)
Midas: Iron Man (tony stark)
Fnord: Wonder Woman (Diana Prince)
Josh: Cyclops
Murder101: Sentry (Robert Reynolds)

Round 2 begins with the theme INDEPENDENT

NO MARVEL OR DC! Heroes only..please specify secret identity if character has been more than one person. Image Comics is allowed.

The order is..

Jag  
Big Sexy Bone
Black Death
Speedy
Lemke
Allister Black
Donnovan Midas
FNord
Josh
Murder 101
Triple B

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Gary

B's pick is invalid but will not count as a fail since he posted before i posted.

[/center]

Gary

BTW Wildstorm and Vertigo do fall under DC!( i wish i could modify my posts)

[/center]

jagilki

Solar, Man of the Atom (Valiant Comics Version)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_%28comics%29

In the early 1990s, Doctor Solar, Turok, and Magnus, Robot Fighter, were licensed by Valiant Comics, which planned to use the characters as part of Jim Shooter's new superhero line. A number of changes were made to the character and his back-story. The new version (now known simply as Solar) was a physicist named Phil Seleski. Seleski was a fan of the Gold Key line, especially the adventures of Doctor Solar. One day, Seleski and his colleagues were testing a new type of fusion reactor. When an accidental breach threatened to decimate the entire area, Seleski rushed to shut down the reactor. He succeeded, but he was exposed to lethal doses of radiation in the process. Amazingly, the exposure did not kill him. Instead, it gave him an ability to manipulate energy. Seleski tried to use his powers for the good of mankind. He became determined to destroy the world's supply of nuclear weapons. The US government tried to stop him. Unfortunately, their efforts caused Seleski to lose control of his powers, which in turn caused Earth to fall into a giant black hole.

Seleski was thrown several weeks back in time (or so he thought). The guilt over his role in destruction of his world caused him to split into two beings: Doctor Solar, who believed himself to be Seleski's childhood hero; and Phil Seleski, who retained all the memories of the original. Seleski sought to prevent an accident that gave him powers from taking place. His efforts were complicated by the presence of Doctor Solar, who was convinced that Seleski was a dangerous criminal. Eventually, Seleski managed to convince his alter-ego that they needed to work together. They fused with the past version of Seleski and prevented the accident. In the process, they discovered that Seleski's fusion reactor was actually a "wish machine" that allowed anyone within close proximity to change the universe in any way they saw fit. Before the original accident, Seleski wished that he could become his childhood superhero. As a result, the reactor simulated the events that gave the original Doctor Solar his powers. Seleski also found out that he did not travel to the past. After falling into a black hole, he tried to recreate his universe. For the most part, he succeeded. However, there were several important differences, the most important of which was that Earth was now populated by a large number of super-powered beings.

The revelations inspired Seleski to take up the mantle of his childhood hero. He became known as Solar, Man of the Atom.

Solar went on to have many adventures, fighting a wide variety of threats, from Spider Aliens to malevolent Harbingers to Mothergod. He survived for many centuries. He blew himself up in an effort to stop the Spider Alien invasion of AD 4000.

1. Captain American (Steve Rogers)
2. Solar Man of the Atom (Valiant Comics version)

T-Bonizzle

Black Death

The Dragon is a large, finned, green-skinned humanoid whose powers include super-strength and an advanced healing factor. He is also an amnesiac: his earliest memory is awakening in a burning field in Chicago, Illinois. Thus, for most of the series, the origins of his powers and appearance are a mystery to readers. At the beginning of the series, he becomes a police officer and battles the mutant criminal "superfreaks" that terrorize Chicago.

Black Death Team
1. Woverine
2 Savage Dragon
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jennifer

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Exile

Tezmission Black

The Witchbabe...I mean The Witchblade(Sara Pezzini)

Team Otherworld

Round One-Green Lantern(Hal Jordan)
Round Two-Witchblade(Sara Pezzini)

Midas

Round 1 - Ironman (Tony Stark)
Round 2 - Hellboy

Fnord

There are still so many people out there I can pick.  I thought about how I want my team to look overall and what kind of powers/heroes I'm going to need.  I figured I needed some wise and baddass character in one.  So, without further ado, joining Wonder Woman I have the man known only as...

BRIT!

For those of you that don't know Brit:

Brit's main superhuman ability is that of invulnerability. His body is totally impervious to any and every kind of physical injury and the limits of his invulnerability are unknown. Unlike many superheroes depicted with invulnerability, Brit does not show any degree of superhuman strength; he is only as strong as a regular human male relative to his physique.[3] Brit's powers are the result of a serum developed by his father some time before World War one and in addition to invulnerability, the serum also retarded his aging process.

My team so far:

1. Wonder Woman
2. Brit

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Gary

Josh sent me his pick so the game wouldn't be delayed cause his mexican internet sucks worse than puerto rican internet.

Josh picks...

ASH from Army of Darkness

1. Cyclops
2. Ash

[/center]

Kirkland

A personal fav of mine, I base alot of things I do around.
The Crow(Eric Draven)

1.The Sentry
2.The Crow(Eric Draven)