News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

*SPOILERS* TNA Impact Wrestling for May 19

Started by Alex Smiley, May 17, 2011, 12:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

(puts his Jagilki mask on)

QuoteDark Match:

-Robbie E. def. Jesse from "Big Brother"

Impact Wrestling for May 19:

-Immortal comes out to the ring. They say that Hulk Hogan and Mick Foley are in NYC to meet with the Network. Tonight Immortal is in charge. Brian Kendrick brings a bunch of X-Division wrestlers to interrupt so Bischoff books them in matches. Immortal then attacks the X-Division guys until Fortune makes the save.

-Mickie James, Tara & Miss Tessmacher def. Sarita, Rosita & Madison Rayne

-Abyss def. Kazarian to win the X-Division Championship

-Samoa Joe def. Amazing Red in a quick match. Joe kept trash talking him so Crimson made the save.

-Tommy Dreamer and AJ Styles, who is wearing a neck brace, talk in the ring. Dreamer lays him out and Christopher Daniels makes the save. Bully Ray attacks Styles. Dreamer keeps attacking Styles and he has to be helped out of the ring.

-Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett meet in the ring and make a match for Slammiversary. The winner will be the number one contender for the TNA Title. Angle mentions that Karen is gone because of Sacrifice. Jarrett says if he win then he'll get Angle's medals. Karen comes out in a wheelchair and Velvet Sky shoves her down the ramp.

-Matt Hardy & Eric Bischoff def. Generation Me. Bischoff picked up the pinfall.

-Velvet Sky def. Angelina Love & Winter. ODB returned after and beat up Sky.

-Gunner beat up Eric Young backstage.

-They have a segment with Robert Roode and Ric Flair. Immortal attacks Roode and they injure his shoulder in revenge of Flair.

-Sting comes to the ring and says his main focus is Hulk Hogan. Mr. Anderson comes out after dressed as Sting in the 1980's. Anderson lays Sting out to end the show.

Xplosion:

-Desmond Wolfe returns as Xplosion commissioner.

-D'Angelo Dinero def. Suicide

(takes mask off)

So...thoughts?

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

GM Franchise

Did I read that right? Abyss is the X-Division Champion? If that's true then I think they might have to re-evaluate their "This is wrestling tagline."
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Gary

So Eric Bischoff wrestling doesn't make you re-evaluate it?

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

GM Franchise

James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

! JDM The Professional !

Well... This seems fucked up... lets hope part 2 is redeeming... please God, let it be redeeming. Or, let them make Abyss vs Kaz a non title match...

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

GM Franchise

Quote from: Gary on May 17, 2011, 12:59:11 AM
So Eric Bischoff wrestling doesn't make you re-evaluate it?

How the hell did I miss that? Just re-read the results and saw that not only did he wrestle but he won. This is wrestling...yeah, more like this is More Of The Same, aka MOTS.

Gary

When JDM posts negative...you know something is wrong.

[/center]

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Gary on May 17, 2011, 01:57:18 AM
When JDM posts negative...you know something is wrong.

Put it this way, the ONLY way the Abyss angle could work is X div vs Abyss and the X div (Kaz or Kendrick) win and get an elevated spot on the roster. Could really put them over. But hey, its a long shot

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Rob

You know it's more likely that Abyss is going to bury absolutely every X-Div worker?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Tezmission Black

I would think Rob is right out of the two. We can hope and pray TNA does the right thing, but we all know they wont.

Gary

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

This is what I am talking about when it comes to watching the shows. For weeks/about a month now the X Division wrestlers have been moaning about how the Immortal era doesn't treat them with respect and has ruined the X Division. The fact that the biggest guy in Immortal is now the X Division Champion plays exactly into Abyss now feuding with guys like Kendrick who have been challenging Hogan and Bischoff's stance with the X Division even a few weeks back a load of them spray painted Hogan's car with Goldberg's saying to fuck with Hogan that Goldberg was the TNA Executive. On paper these results tell you nothing about any of this build up.

Much like these results don't show you the angle of them running TNA into the ground which is effectively why Foley came into to bring back the wrestling (his entire promo was based on this!). At the moment the entire storyline is there is a power struggle in TNA, Hogan and Bischoff wanting to showcase their wrestlers and spend tons of mic time talking about how great they are which is in stark contrast of the rest of the roster wanting to throw down and fight. Foley and Hogan aren't there...so Bischoff books himself in a match and also books Immortal member Abyss in a match to win the X Division title. You bring Foley back to rectify things. With the Gunner attack on Eric Young, the stupid match with Bischoff, Robbie Roode also attacked because of Flair that is something for them to work with in reference to Immortal.

Everyone talks about TNA's shit booking and what not, but at times their erratic stuff does work back to it's original point. I think the only angle in the last year which was never resolved was the Joe and ninjas angle which was fucking stupid anyways. Things like RVD being stripped off the title and not being able to compete or Anderson being fucked off and wanting his rematch have been damn good angles to put both of them off against Sting. Jarrett and Kurt Angle...has been a damn good feud. Karen Angle is on the annoying levels of Vickie almost, the promo the two of them laid down at Sacrifice was superb and got the crowd really into it.

Reading internet spoilers every week doesn't actually reflect the way the shows go over. It's like reading a selected summary of 100 words detailing a Lost episode with no dialogue or what not of course it's going to appear flat as hell.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Marq

I'm with Ian on this one. In regards to Abyss, he's got the X-Division belt, sure -- but if there's ANYTHING that will give the X-Division the spotlight, it's a feud with someone in Immortal. I see this as the beginning of an angle since the X-Division has had fuck-all to show off in the last six months. Kendrick vs. Abyss is something I can really get behind, if I'm honest. You're acting like Abyss winning the belt is some evil, nefarious plan when it is OBVIOUS this is the start of something. Give it a shot, you savages.

And as for reading spoilers and making up my mind, I learned my lesson with Christian losing the championship. I actually watched the show and saw where they were going to go at the end -- and this has been the most high-profile program for Christian yet since his return. Things aren't done just 'cause the show's over.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Black Death

did they already do the big man wins the x-division thing with Kevin Nash ... a few years back.

also remember something with the Dudleys also ...
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Marq

They did, but that was mostly to put certain workers over, namely Sabin, Shelley, Dutt, and Jay Lethal (who became Black Machismo during that run). Also, I don't think Nash was in any real position to work matches with X-Division guys like Abyss can. Some of Abyss's earlier work with AJ Styles was off the chain, and if they can even capture half the magic they did back then, hopefully we'll have a new generation of X-Division guys to work with going forward.

I just hope Kendrick dropped the stupid "sensei" gimmick or whatever the fuck he was doing. Bring back those awesome jackets and the funny, white-boy dancing!
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"