TNA- show me the money!

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, August 13, 2011, 12:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Now that I have your attention with that classy jerry maguire quote  8)

It's come to my attention yet again how people love to piss on TNA for whatever motive they may have. I'm not referring to the typical Internet fan, moreso wrestlers.

We all know konnan and daphneys stories, so I thought I'd bring up two more.

Story number one- James Mitchell

His attempt to piss on TNA was publically saying TNA were to blame for the death of Chris Kanyon. Now, I won't explain why it was complete bullshit but if anyone wants to read up on this, there was a thread related to this ages ago.
He (Mitchell) claimed this because he was sacked and wanted to bicker at TNA, and what better opportunty than blaming a death on TNA not wanting to help.

Story number two- Jimmy yang

What a fuckwit this guy is. There are certain cases against TNA I understand, but this one was a clear attempt at hurting the image of TNA. mr cun cun claimed he wasn't paid by TNA and the cheque he received bounced. Now, if for some reason 1 cheque of the 16 wrestlers they paid bounced, then why go on twitter to piss on the companies reputation as opposed to contacting them privately and sorting it out, and if it can't be sorted, take legal action. Although, it's utter trash for anyone to say TNA couldn't afford to pay him a one off cheque. He's a dirtbag who probably was pissed off he wasn't selected to get signed by TNA and was bitter. A grade douche who wanted to ruin TNAS rep!

I am sick of this shit. For all the faults TNA has, it is no reason to go out and try to humiliate the company.

What are your honest opinions regarding this trend?

I'll just add- konnan has been working with TNA after he vowed not to, and the daffeney issue was sorted quickly and Terry Taylor was fired because of his idiocy.

So please go fourth and tell me what you think?

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Ty

Where there's smoke... I can't see Jimmy Wang accusing them for no reason. It may have been a paperwork error buy yeah, he doesn't seem the type to do that

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: TyTy (formerly Trifecta) on August 13, 2011, 01:36:01 AM
Where there's smoke... I can't see Jimmy Wang accusing them for no reason. It may have been a paperwork error buy yeah, he doesn't seem the type to do that

The type to do it seems a bit irrelevant now mate, he should have handled it in a professional manor

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Alex Smiley

Do you have proof Yang didn't approach them privately first?

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Alex Kavalry on August 13, 2011, 02:57:32 AM
Do you have proof Yang didn't approach them privately first?

Oh I'm sure he could have, never the less is it fair and just to your employer to spit on their image on something that is easily sorted? There have been times where I've been unfairly paid and it's taken weeks upon weeks. Did I go on Facebook and give them a bad name? No.

Frankly on something that could have been privately sorted (if he isn't trying to be a fuckwit) there was no need to do that to his employer, let alone any employer. And I will make this statement now- he wouldn't have done that to WWE.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Alex Smiley

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on August 13, 2011, 03:09:43 AM
Oh I'm sure he could have, never the less is it fair and just to your employer to spit on their image on something that is easily sorted? There have been times where I've been unfairly paid and it's taken weeks upon weeks. Did I go on Facebook and give them a bad name? No.

Frankly on something that could have been privately sorted (if he isn't trying to be a fuckwit) there was no need to do that to his employer, let alone any employer. And I will make this statement now- he wouldn't have done that to WWE.

There are some just willing to burn their bridges. Look at all the former WWE guys that shat all over them after THEY were released.

But no, it's not right...regardless of the company. So on that, I agree with you.

Adam Wrong

So Jordan, if you didn't get paid, you wouldn't rant about it on Facebook?

He prob did approach them but why shouldn't he have a rant publicly about it. It's his pay cheque and I would certainly kick up a stink if I didn't get paid...

Duckman

Yeah, I don't consider someone complaining about not getting money they are owed as an attempt to besmirch the 'good name' of a company.

Considering TNA is about as far away from a 'good name' as you can get when it comes to both their administration of their undercard talent, to their creative out put.

If I wasn't paid for work I'd done, I'd sure as hell moan about it.  It's my right to do so.  Plus it's not my fault I haven't been paid - it's the company that hasn't paid me who are in the wrong.

Personally, a few people posting on twitter or facebook doesn't 'humiliate' TNA as much as the utter rubbish they put out on TV every week and on PPV every month.

There's bigger problems in TNA than Jimmy Yang complaining about not getting his $200 cheque for an appearance!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Gary

Sorry JDM but I gotta agree with Sam, MDK and even Alex. What proof have you got that in the 2 weeks that Yang's check bounced and he posted it on twitter, that he hadn't called the TNA offices? Maybe he was rather pissed that they weren't actively trying to sort it it out and just ranted on twitter like any of us would if we hadn't gotten paid after whatever work we do.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Ty

6 weeks without my paycheque to pay my bills and I'd flop on them twitter style too. The bank doesn't care if its my bosses fault, my phone bill doesn't care if its my employer screwing me over, the grocery store doesn't care why I don't have money.

If I was in Wang's shoes, I'd be upset.  Even assuming he has enough in the bank that this six week wait won't bust him, many of his friends who work the indy scene probably don't and he let everyone know that if u work TNA, you have a long time to wait for pay (plus nsf fees)

Goldferg

1 - sounds like sour grapes
2 - Is Jimmy Yang REALLY in a position where he can piss off the #2 US wrestling promotion? 'cos if he isn't, why would he antagonize them?

Not saying they deliberately stiffed him, but unless he pulls a steady paying gig in RoH out of/post this... sounds legit.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

And here I was hoping this thread would be about the partnership with Direct Auto Insurance...

Oh well...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

JD Storm

if TNA legitimately stiff him, then Yang is right to bash them. they don't have much of a rep if they can't pay people that work for them.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: JD Storm on August 14, 2011, 09:33:24 PM
if TNA legitimately stiff him, then Yang is right to bash them. they don't have much of a rep if they can't pay people that work for them.

This I 100% agree with. If they DID then by all means abuse the fuck out of them, but one does wonder that how was everybody else paid and not him? If it was a computer glitch or human error, then the problem would be fixed. No use shitting on an employer if it was a simple mistake and not them perposely not paying him and putting it off. They owe him ONE performance fee, as if they couldn't afford that..

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Alex Smiley

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on August 14, 2011, 11:25:08 PM
This I 100% agree with. If they DID then by all means abuse the fuck out of them, but one does wonder that how was everybody else paid and not him? If it was a computer glitch or human error, then the problem would be fixed. No use shitting on an employer if it was a simple mistake and not them perposely not paying him and putting it off. They owe him ONE performance fee, as if they couldn't afford that..

Which is sort of what I was getting at. This is clearly one of those things where making assumptions either way is a very BAD idea. IF they did this on purpose they deserve the bashing, if it was a simple mistake then obviously not. It seems sketchy to me BUT I'm slightly biased, lol.