Global Cruiserweight Series

Started by Fnord, March 31, 2016, 04:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamBamBunglow

Mascara Dorada?! Fucking hell that one slipped past me :O

This is gonna be a summer of fucking awesome wrestling!

Duckman

Yeah I think with the name change it flew under the radar quite a bit!  I only realised it today reading the Observer.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Duckman on June 17, 2016, 10:53:08 AM
Yeah I think with the name change it flew under the radar quite a bit!  I only realised it today reading the Observer.

You guys always no sell my Lucha family. Didn't bring it up

Black Death

So not the Da Mack I saw in Lucha Underground , love that guy
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Black Death on June 17, 2016, 06:32:08 PM

Why I said he was the wrong kind of da Mack

Fnord

Quote from: Black Death on June 17, 2016, 06:32:08 PM

I don't think he would qualify as a cruiserweight...

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Black Death

He moves like one...guy got skills
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

Fnord

OR

They both DO wear red hats...

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Fnord

WWE issued the following today:

WWE® Cruiserweight Classic™ to Premiere on WWE Network Wednesday, July 13

WWE(NYSE:WWE) announced today that the WWE Cruiserweight Classic will premiere Wednesday, July 13 at 9 PM ET exclusively on WWE Network. The 10-week tournament will air every Wednesday night and culminate with a live two-hour special on Wednesday, September 14.

The WWE Cruiserweight Classic will be hosted by WWE Legend Daniel Bryan® and the voice of WWE SmackDown® Mauro Ranallo.

"We scoured the globe to find 32 of the best Cruiserweights to compete in this inaugural tournament," said WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events & Creative Paul "Triple H®" Levesque. "These performers will be given an unprecedented opportunity to showcase their elite athleticism and unbridled passion across WWE's global platforms."

The WWE Cruiserweight Classic is a 32-man, single-elimination tournament that will feature the best cruiserweights from all over the world including Rich Swann, Johnny Gargano, Cedric Alexander and Tommaso Ciampa from the United States, Kota Ibushi and Akira Tozawa from Japan, Zack Sabre, Jr from England, Noam Dar from Scotland, Ho Ho Lun and Jason Lee from Hong Kong, Gran Metalik from Mexico, Tyson Dux from Canada, Da Mack from Germany, Damian Slater from Australia and many more.

WWE Network will also air an exclusive Cruiserweight Classic special entitled CWC: Bracketology on Wednesday, July 6 at 9 PM ET.

Chris Shields

Just saw that Mauro Ranallo are gonna be the announcers for this one. Any time I can get Ranallo announcing is a huge positive, and I'm really interested and excited to see how Daniel Bryan transitions in to the color commentator role. Having a veteran announcer like Ranallo there should be a big help to him and I'm hoping if he does well this could become a permanent thing for him. They're gonna need somebody to replace Lawler. maybe it's Daniel Bryan or maybe it's Corey Graves and Daniel Bryan moves in to his spot as the NXT announcer. Just another nice deal for a tournament I am already incredibly pumped for.

Cory

I think Graves to main roster and Bryan to NXT (plus maybe get him to help teach) would make the most sense.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Chris Shields

Quote from: Cory on June 22, 2016, 01:22:04 PM
I think Graves to main roster and Bryan to NXT (plus maybe get him to help teach) would make the most sense.
That's the most likely thing. Then again, if him and Ranallo have good chemistry as an announce team during the classic, I could see them putting him on Smackdown in Lawler's place. If Bryan is open to coaching as well, he would be a huge help in the performance center, and Graves has proven himself as a damn good announcer.

Rob

That's if Bryan has an interest in doing it.

Edge for one couldn't stand being near wrestling after his retirement because it hurt. I can only imagine how it felt for Bryan.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Chris Shields

Quote from: Rob on June 22, 2016, 04:27:32 PM
That's if Bryan has an interest in doing it.

Edge for one couldn't stand being near wrestling after his retirement because it hurt. I can only imagine how it felt for Bryan.
That is a very good point, but I think the fact that he's doing the color commentary for this is a good sign and I'm pretty sure he said he still wanted to stay involved with the business.