News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

WWE CTE Injury Lawsuit

Started by Fnord, July 19, 2016, 04:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Bloomberg reported today that WWE was sued by "dozens" of retired wrestlers who are claiming that the WWE was responsible for neurological injuries they suffered from years of wrestling. Below is a list of plaintiffs involved:

WWE is accused of hiding the long-term effects of neurological injuries, failing to provide care for the wrestlers' repetitive head injuries "in any medically competent or meaningful manner," and placing "corporate gain over its wrestlers' health, safety and financial security, choosing to leave the plaintiffs severely injured and with no recourse to treat their damaged minds and bodies."

WWE sent Wrestling Inc. the following statement regarding the suit:

"This is another ridiculous attempt by the same attorney who has previously filed class action lawsuits against WWE, both of which have been dismissed. A federal judge has already found that this lawyer made patently false allegations about WWE, and this is more of the same."

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Black Death

call BS on this one... problem is many work in other promotions also , has to prove there injuries happen while they work for them. before the E , some I am not sure even work in WWE. 

don't see anything happening from this
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Talon

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

jagilki

Concussions explain Earl Hebner still working for TNA.

Cory

Lance Storm on Twitter:

Got indigestion this morning maybe I should sue WWE. You know I ate catering there for years. #StupidLawSuits.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

Quote from: Cory on July 19, 2016, 06:30:08 PM
Lance Storm on Twitter:

Got indigestion this morning maybe I should sue WWE. You know I ate catering there for years. #StupidLawSuits.

LMAO

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Duckman

LOL!  Lance Storm rules.

If this suit is anything like the others - which have been getting slowly picked apart by WWE and will eventually all end up dismissed - it's just a giant waste of time on everyone's part.

The sad thing is, concussions and head injuries are a serious issue and something WWE has started to address.  But these suits just look like money grabs, and not something to help the guys or do anything positive moving forward.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.