News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Better Call Saul debut

Started by Hondo, February 09, 2015, 07:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

You need to see the first few minutes.

Duckman

I'll catch up with this on Netflix over the next few months - which is the whole point of Netflix, love watching stuff at my own pace and when I want!

It does look promising though.  Always liked the character in Breaking Bad and now we get his origin story.  Which is pretty cool.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Tritch

[spoiler]So the black and white intro scene, that was current day witness protection Saul, right?[/spoiler]

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Hondo

Quote from: Tritch on February 10, 2015, 11:05:48 AM
[spoiler]So the black and white intro scene, that was current day witness protection Saul, right?[/spoiler]

Indeed.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Tritch

At first I was confused but then I started to think about it later. Thanks for clearing it up for me. I thought that was a pretty cool addition.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Mike Powers

So....Netflix works different across the pond? The only new/current shows we get on Netflix in the states are their own shows (House of Cards, etc). You guys get current, in season US tv in your netflix?

Tritch

They've done it here in the US before too, just not very often. I was able to watch the final season of Heroes on Netflix as it aired.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Gates

[spoiler]You know, I forgot just how...rational...Tuco was.[/spoiler]

FXBlade

Quote from: Mike Powers on February 10, 2015, 01:53:04 PM
So....Netflix works different across the pond? The only new/current shows we get on Netflix in the states are their own shows (House of Cards, etc). You guys get current, in season US tv in your netflix?

No we don't get current in season shows on Netflix (bar this one)

This is the first time to my knowledge they have done this with Netflix/new show.

Usually if we get a show that runs in sync with you guys, it's usually aired 1-3 days later. Unless it's mega behind and it can be weeks after.

Black Death

I always like saul and I really want to see how he became saul we loved in Breaking Bad ... I love that there was this hint of a noble side underneath all that layers and layers of slime .  How did he become that way ...  going to tune in and see
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Brock Rhysner

Liked it. Looks very promising going forward. Although I'm generally someone who doesn't watch things week to week, Breaking Bad was probably the last one I committed to. (Which, I believe, was the last show Netflix did in this format of following the American broadcast week to week for it's last season.)

[spoiler]Perhaps most interesting to me is the fact he's not become "Saul" yet. I'm expecting it to be a much quicker transition then Whyte to Hisenberg, but still it'll be interesting to watch it progress over the coming episodes and series.[/spoiler]

[/centre]

Fnord

I'm watching cause I find it intriging to see how everything comes together leading up to BB.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Hondo

So... we're almost to the end of the first season.

Thoughts so far?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Quote from: Hondo on March 24, 2015, 05:56:27 PM
So... we're almost to the end of the first season.

Thoughts so far?

Could use a little more action for me, but a solid show none the less. Picked up when it started to get into Mikes backstory.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Flins.

I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far, I am a little unsure as to where they will take it and how long the novelty of Saul became Saul will last. But I have found this season entertaining.