News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Cory, March 05, 2012, 11:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Randy Moss is working out for the Saints.  However I don't see the Saints letting Colston go.  He's been their best receiver over the last five years.  I hope the Redskins go after Vincent Jackson and Mario Williams (though I think the Texans will sign him).

T-Bonizzle

Looks like Manning has been cut from the Colts.

Justin

I think they are going to regret that.

Cory

Meh, he has like 3-5 good years left, and I HIGHLY doubt hell go to a playoff ready team...who with him at best make the playoffs. Luck will be a great QB and you'll have him barring injury for 15 years. (potentially)

He frees up cap space so hopefully they can resign Wayne so Luck has someone to throw too next year.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

RickRampage

I see Colston staying in New Orleans as long as they get a deal done with Brees. If they don't, then it's all in the air. That's probably one of the reasons for why they're having Moss work out with them; but if Brees and Colston both resign, look for Moss to start looking elsewhere. All in all, I think you'll see Moss end up on a low end team that is willing to take the risk on him for a year, and he'll go for a really low price.

Look for Bart Scott to resign with the Ravens if they offer. If not, he'll go to a team that is a playoff contender and where he's on of the final pieces of the puzzle on defense. Depending on what NYJ does during the off season and Draft, they might pick him up due to his ability to jump right into Rex Ryan's defense.

Peyton Manning has a lot of options. It doesn't matter who your QB is, he's more than likely a step up. The only teams that are ruled out at this point are NYG, NE, NO, and GB. He won't go to Denver or Philly. Look for him to go to a team with a young QB prospect that has potential but hasn't been producing. NYJ, St. Louis, Baltimore, Cincinatti, and a few others are where I'd see him go if he decides to keep playing after being cut.

Matt Flynn will likely stay with GB, but there are a few teams that might take a chance on him as a starter after the last game of the season. Look for him to go to a low end team with nothing to lose.

Alex Smith will likely resign with San Francisco. They made it to the NFC Championship Game and lost to the Giants in a close and good game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Vincent Jackson is a toss up. He didn't exactly produce on a consistent basis last season, but when he did produce it was a beautiful day in San Diego. If San Diego doesn't take the risk, look for him to go to just about anyone. He has a great upside and can be a great number two if you already have a consistent number one.

Not sure on the others, but those are my views on these guys.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: RickRampage on March 07, 2012, 12:25:08 PM

Peyton Manning has a lot of options. It doesn't matter who your QB is, he's more than likely a step up. The only teams that are ruled out at this point are NYG, NE, NO, and GB. He won't go to Denver or Philly. Look for him to go to a team with a young QB prospect that has potential but hasn't been producing. NYJ, St. Louis, Baltimore, Cincinatti, and a few others are where I'd see him go if he decides to keep playing after being cut.

Seriously? What...

There are tons of teams he wont go to and wouldnt show interest in him...its between Miami and Arizona or maybe the Skins if they fall out the move for RGIII.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

RickRampage

You have to remember Ian, he's an aging QB who is coming off a major injury and several major surgeries that threatened to end his career. He might be 90% or lower, but he is no where near 100%. Any team that picks him up won't know what they're getting until he takes the field in the Preseason Practices and Games. Any team that signs him will be doing so know that they'll be getting a decent QB with a lot of experience and knowledge. He's a temporary fix and his most useful marketing tool as of right now is that he can help bring along a young QB who needs some guidance.

If I were a GM of a team like Miami, I'd steer clear because he doesn't help out for the long run. They need a franchise QB that will stay for 10 years, not 3 or 4. It's the same with Arizona. Teams like The Jets, St. Louis, Baltimore, and Cincinnati have young QBs that have potential and need some guidance. So, whether Manning is bust or not, they can get something out of them. They will be the teams most competitively looking to get a hold of him in my opinion. You can call me crazy all you want, but that's the way I see it. Also, the Jets, St. Louis, Baltimore, and Cincinnati are all teams that are an elite QB from Super Bowl contention. They will pay a huge price to get him for a season or two, taking the risk he might go bust simply based on the fact that they will still get their QBs a little guidance under one of the greatest QBs of all time.

Breakdown -

Jets - They have Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy(IR), both young QBs with good arms and a lot of potential. McElroy showed good stuff during the Preseason before being hurt. That's two young QBs for Peyton to mentor and even if Sanchez doesn't learn and goes bust, McElroy could step into the spotlight.

Rams - They have Bradford who showed he has what it takes to be an NFL QB and could still use and experienced NFL QB to learn from.

Cincinnati - Andy Dalton had a bad season from most standpoints, but if you consider it was his rookie year, he showed potential. With the aid of an elite QB to learn from, he could possibly be the answer for Cincinnati.

Baltimore - While they are perennial playoff contenders, let's face it, Joe Flacco is far from an Elite QB. He throws interceptions nearing the total of 1 per game average and has rollercoaster type stats. One day he might do near 400 yards and another be under 200. They rely on their running game, but if Flacco can learn from Manning, he could be a QB powerhouse for years to come and lead the Ravens to Super Bowl Glory. Granted, some from the Baltimore Camp have said no way; but how often do you see teams say no and then turn around and make an offer? It happens every off season.

Hondo

Quote from: RickRampage on March 07, 2012, 03:06:01 PM

Cincinnati - Andy Dalton had a bad season from most standpoints, but if you consider it was his rookie year, he showed potential. With the aid of an elite QB to learn from, he could possibly be the answer for Cincinnati.

Rick my man I think the world of you, but if you don't lay down the crack pipe we're going to have to stage an intervention.

If you think taking a team picked to finish dead last not only in the AFC North, but in ALL the NFL and finishing 9-7 and going to the playoffs, passing for 3,398 yards and 20 touchdowns a "bad season", then I have to question your standards. Not to mention he finished 2nd in the ROTY race (that he SHOULD have won, but I'm a bit biased).

Cincy doesn't need Peyton, they're fine with what they have.

As far as where he may go, I'm thinking he'll go to a team that has a legitimate chance of winning. Miami is only a few pieces away from contending, San Fran could be worldbeaters with an elite QB under center. Arizona still has tools and could make another emergence. I don't think Washington is a real choice since he'd be playing in a division with his brother, something I hear he doesn't want. The Jets don't compete directly with the Giants, but he won't come for the same reasons. Plus I don't think he'd mesh with Rex Ryan.

I think at the end of the day he goes to Miami. Steve Ross has a track record of paying for a big name, and will make sure Peyton's well compensated.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

RickRampage

Hondo, similar numbers to what Flacco has put up his entire career, but let's face it; it's just not enough anymore. Dalton is young and showed potential, but that potential needs to be harnessed and matured, and Peyton is capable of bringing that to the table. The teams that have to most to gain from him are teams with young QBs that have potential. I see them fighting harder to get Manning than others. Miami has nothing that comes close to looking like a passable NFL QB, so with that in mind, Manning is a what, 2-3 year temporary fix. They'd still have to get a hot QB prospect to take his place and learn from him and let's face it, they'd have to do it in the draft because no team will just hand one over to them if they pick up Manning. 4 years from now, if Miami picks up Manning, they'll be right back where they started.

You guys need to realize that, Manning is a temporary fix; he's not the answer and every team in the NFL knows that. They might try and get him, but the teams that already have a QB prospect will be the ones really pushing to get him. They have the most to gain from him. He could step in, lead them to the playoffs, and then help them build up a young QB that can step in and be capable of doing the same.

Justin

Quote from: RickRampage on March 07, 2012, 12:25:08 PM
Look for Bart Scott to resign with the Ravens if they offer. If not, he'll go to a team that is a playoff contender and where he's on of the final pieces of the puzzle on defense. Depending on what NYJ does during the off season and Draft, they might pick him up due to his ability to jump right into Rex Ryan's defense.

Bart Scott played for the Jets, not the Ravens.

RickRampage

Thanks I must of been thinking about that other guy. Umm, if I remember correctly then, Bart left the Ravens to follow Rex Ryan and became a Jet. So, look for him to resign with them once he gets the right deal out of them. Then again, if the Jets get Peyton, he might not return and then he'll go to a playoff contender.

T-Bonizzle

Matt Moore played pretty well when he was given the helm in Miami so I don't know where you're coming from when you say the Dolphins don't have anything to gain.

If you think teams like Cinci, St. louis, Baltimore are going to pay for Manning, you are on drugs. They are already paying their guys a ton of money. They are backing their QBs 100% and won't be trying to get Manning.

Manning will probably go to Miami or Washington. I don't see any other teams bar Seattle really making an run at him.

This isn't a perfect world. Teams aren't going to pay him to develop a young QB, teams are going to pay him to win NOW.

RickRampage

Yes, there is always the chance a team will go after him with the only expectation being that he'll win; but simple fact is that the teams with the most to gain out of the deal will be pushing the hardest to get him. They'll expect him to win while he's there, but he'll also be expected to bring along their younger QBs.

GM Franchise

For some reason I'm thinking Arizona or Seattle will make a play for Manning. With him and Lynch on that Seattle team or with Fitzgerald and Wells in Arizona either team could be an explosive combination in the making.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

I too think it will be Miami.....as even with Mannings the Redskins still would get beat up vs Giants/Cowboys/Eagles and I doubt Peyton wants to play Eli twice a year.

I think The Browns get RG3, and Miami is where Peyton goes, and follows either Dallas Clark or Reggie Wayne.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE