News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Cory, March 05, 2012, 11:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

I just don't see him going to Miami. Playing Brady and the Jets four times a year combined...yeah, I think not. Unless he wants a challenge and gets lots of money he will though but that's just my take on it.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: RickRampage on March 07, 2012, 10:42:44 PM
but he'll also be expected to bring along their younger QBs.

Then they would have worked out a deal in Indy. Your reasoning is WAY off base. Nobody is looking at Manning now as Mr. Miyagi, they are teams who feel he can give them an instant impact and deliver a Superbowl run within two years.

If its about mentoring...he would have figured out a 'bizzare way' to stay exactly where he was.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

RickRampage

Thing is, Luck is going to be coming in making millions a year. He's going to be this generations Broadway Joe. He's already talked up, you know he's going 1st in the Draft, and you know he'll be making a shit ton. It's kind of hard to pay both of them huge sums and tell Luck that it's his team now, but still have Manning there. Peyton had to go; it doesn't mean that there aren't teams out there willing to pay two heavy price tags on QBs to have him play and teach. I'd see Manning go to the Jets before he goes to Miami. Sure, he might be in the same city as Eli; but they don't have to play each other. Sure he has to play Brady and the Patriots twice a year, but the rest of the time, who will they be playing?

Going to Miami makes no sense and trust me, as a Jets fan, the Jets would sell both nuts and every organ they had to make sure that Manning didn't end up with them; and the Jets have more money then Miami. Your logic for why it'll be Miami is just as bad as you're saying my logic for why it'll be one of a handful of teams. We can argue this until we're red in the face; but only time will tell and there is no point dragging on about it.

Justin

Either the Redskins(wishful thinking) or the Cardinals.  The Cardinals have Kolb, but he hasn't quite panned out just yet, but with Fitzgerald and a healthy Beanie they have the opportunity to be a potent offense.  Their defense is coming around and is going to be better.  I would seriously watch out for the Cardinals.

Hondo

A lot of the talking heads seem to think the Cards may be one of the front runners now. The rumor mill says that Fitzgerald is pushing for management to make an offer.

Of course, Fitz told them to go get Kevin Kolb too, so...

Anyway, I don't know what the Cards' cap situation looks like, but it seems they'd be willing to cut Kolb to get Manning. I would, anyway.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

T-Bonizzle

The Cards should cut Kolb and run with Skelton. Skelton played great last year. They cut Kolb and have some room to get them some other positions they need.

Justin

Or cut Kolb and let Skelton learn under Manning.

Cory

.....does anyone else know what Kolb's contract is/how big it was? (6 years 40-50 million wasnt it?) He must be around 15 million in guaranteed money....no WAY they cut him after one year/give up on that Kolb train. Plus, I think he deserves another year...he was injury plagued most of last season.

Sorry Arizona, I think its a tow horse race between Miami (front runner) and Washington.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on March 08, 2012, 11:46:20 AM
.....does anyone else know what Kolb's contract is/how big it was? (6 years 40-50 million wasnt it?) He must be around 15 million in guaranteed money....no WAY they cut him after one year/give up on that Kolb train. Plus, I think he deserves another year...he was injury plagued most of last season.

Sorry Arizona, I think its a tow horse race between Miami (front runner) and Washington.

They have a chance to opt out of that contract this year. There is a clause.

Cory

Quote from: Trumpers on March 08, 2012, 01:22:00 PM
They have a chance to opt out of that contract this year. There is a clause.

Wouldnt they still have to pay the remainder of the guaranteed money tho? Similar to what the Raiders did with JaMarcus....he still got like 25 million guarenteed. No idea on the exact figure for Kolb....I think it was like 15 mill.

Seems like a waste of money to just give up on Kolb already honestly, whereas the Redskins/Miami dont have a qb nor huge sums of guaranteed money to sexy rexy and matt moore.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on March 08, 2012, 01:40:36 PM
Wouldnt they still have to pay the remainder of the guaranteed money tho? Similar to what the Raiders did with JaMarcus....he still got like 25 million guarenteed. No idea on the exact figure for Kolb....I think it was like 15 mill.

Seems like a waste of money to just give up on Kolb already honestly, whereas the Redskins/Miami dont have a qb nor huge sums of guaranteed money to sexy rexy and matt moore.

I am not sure of the deal Cor, but I believe they can get away with giving him 8million and then cutting ties with him. There was an article a few days back before Manning was released mentioning it. They had the Cardinals down as 2nd in the running for Manning's services and there was mention of them slipping out of Kolb's contract.

T-Bonizzle

I believe they can get out of Kolb's contract for cheap.

Arizona for Manning would be great short term, and long term. Skelton is better than Kolb, and under Manning he has a chance to do things when Manning retires.

Though I think Miami will probably win. Manning lives in Florida, he's got friends on the team, Miami probably has the money to pay him a lot.

Cory

Miami = No Income taxes....could save him a few mill.  not that he worried.

Cory

Plus, he'd like to try and beat some of Marinos club records I assume.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Wayne has hinted strong about going to Miami as well.

Miami has a lot of the pieces to the jigsaw.