News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2015 NFL Off-season Thread

Started by Cory, February 05, 2015, 09:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Sources: Colts unhappy with RB

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12300689/indianapolis-colts-grew-frustrated-trent-richardson-2014-season-number-incidents

QuoteINDIANAPOLIS -- The rocky relationship between the Indianapolis Colts and running back Trent Richardson built up over time during the 2014 season because of weight issues, accessibility and an absence, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

Richardson, whom the Colts acquired from Cleveland in September 2013, had weight issues during the season, was difficult to get in touch with and didn't tell the team he wouldn't be at the walk-through the day before the AFC Championship Game, a source said. He was suspended two games by the team for missing the walk-through.

He served the first game of the suspension during the AFC Championship Game against New England. His second game will be served next season -- if he's still with the Colts.

Because of default language in his contract, the Colts could exercise an option to void $3.1 million in guaranteed money owed to Richardson next season. The NFL Players Association would likely challenge that ruling if it occurs.

Things started to change for Richardson against Cincinnati on Oct. 19, when he suffered a hamstring injury and had to sit out the fourth quarter after rushing for 77 yards through the first three.

That's when Richardson's weight issue started to take off. He began the season at 225 pounds, but his weight had ballooned up to around 240 pounds later in the season, according to a source.

Richardson said after practice one day during the middle of the season that he was running extra sprints to work on his conditioning. He denied to the media late in the season that he had a weight issue.

He had shared carries with Ahmad Bradshaw during the first 10 games of the season, but Bradshaw suffered a fractured fibula -- ending his season -- against New England on Nov. 16.

The Colts, according to a source, became frustrated with Richardson because they couldn't get in touch with him and didn't have any communication with him until around 1 p.m. the day after the Patriots game.

Daniel "Boom" Herron outplayed Richardson after Bradshaw's injury and eventually became the full-time starter in Week 16 at Dallas.

Where Richardson stood with the Colts became even more evident when he was listed as the third running back behind Herron and Zurlon Tipton for the wild-card playoff game against Cincinnati and then was inactive against Denver in the divisional round.

"That situation will never happen to me again," Richardson told reporters Jan. 15. "Anybody can quote me, today, because it's never going to happen again."

Richardson then was suspended for the AFC Championship Game because he didn't alert the team he would not be at the walk-through due to a family emergency. He told the team, according to a source, that he didn't call or text because he had phone problems.

Richardson told ESPN.com on the day of the AFC Championship Game that he was "dealing with a very serious family emergency. ... I wouldn't purposely just miss walk-through."

General manager Ryan Grigson declined comment, instead referring to what he said during his season-ending news conference Jan. 23.

"Every situation is different," Grigson said at the time. "Every player and how we deal with them is going to be different. He'll be lumped into that conversation with guys this offseason. Where does he fit? Where is he going? Is his arrow up, down, sideways, 45-degree angle?"

Richardson, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2012 draft, has rushed for 977 yards (3.1 yards a carry) and six touchdowns on 316 carries in his two seasons with the Colts, who acquired him from Cleveland in exchange for a first-round draft pick.

The Colts paid Richardson $1.1 million in 2013 and $2.2 million last season.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on February 09, 2015, 09:33:31 PM
It's part of competition. You've never been punched at the bottom of a pile? I couldn't tell you how many deliberate elbows I have caught to the ribs driving to the basket. Its all about competitive edge. Basketball in the 80s & 90s is how the game should be played. Now its a bunch of grown ass men whining like a bunch of bitches because they get tapped on the arm. Same with football. If you dont hit the quarterback square in the midsection you will get a flag. They might as well be playing flag football. And while im on my soap box the NFL and Roger Goodell are a bunch of hypocrites. The very plays they call personal fouls on they use in highlight reels to hype the product.

Sorry for getting off topic.

And the people who throw punches in a dog pile are dirty players and IMO, there is no room for that in a sport. If you want to hurt someone deliberately, join MMA...

I'm not talking about personal fouls... a lot of them are borderline ridiculous. It's plays... not even plays... actions that have no reason to be in organized sports.

I'd like to see the NFL stop fining people and instead start suspending people for significant lengths of time.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Mike Powers

Quote from: JustinP on February 09, 2015, 09:33:31 PM
It's part of competition. You've never been punched at the bottom of a pile? I couldn't tell you how many deliberate elbows I have caught to the ribs driving to the basket. Its all about competitive edge. Basketball in the 80s & 90s is how the game should be played. Now its a bunch of grown ass men whining like a bunch of bitches because they get tapped on the arm. Same with football. If you dont hit the quarterback square in the midsection you will get a flag. They might as well be playing flag football. And while im on my soap box the NFL and Roger Goodell are a bunch of hypocrites. The very plays they call personal fouls on they use in highlight reels to hype the product.

Sorry for getting off topic.

I......I think I love you.......

Hondo

Quote from: Mike Powers on February 09, 2015, 11:51:07 PM
I......I think I love you.......

He's the reason cavemen painted on walls.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Captain Metro

Send Pete Carroll a fruit basket :)

In all seriousness, make a serious run at keeping Revis in town. If he stays I think the rest kind of falls into place (I imagine we're going to trade out of the first but use a 2nd and probably a third on some offensive line help and a corner/wide receiver we'll cut).

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

J-Reb

Quote from: Captain Metro on February 17, 2015, 02:26:55 PM
Send Pete Carroll a fruit basket :)

In all seriousness, make a serious run at keeping Revis in town. If he stays I think the rest kind of falls into place (I imagine we're going to trade out of the first but use a 2nd and probably a third on some offensive line help and a corner/wide receiver we'll cut).

They're going to have the make tough decision of resigning Revis or making an offer to Devin McCourty.  One way or another, they're going to lose a major cog in their secondary. 

Cory

I think you go McCourty over Revis. McCourty is the best cover safety in the league and has 2-3 years younger on Revis. You get rid of Revis... you still have Browner and hope the super bowl hero can continue his form in Butler, Logan Ryan as well is solid plus its a corner heavy draft....if you lose McCourty you have Patrick Chung back there and from his tenure here in Philly....my god hes awful.

J-Reb

Quote from: Cory on February 17, 2015, 02:47:36 PM
I think you go McCourty over Revis. McCourty is the best cover safety in the league and has 2-3 years younger on Revis. You get rid of Revis... you still have Browner and hope the super bowl hero can continue his form in Butler, Logan Ryan as well is solid plus its a corner heavy draft....if you lose McCourty you have Patrick Chung back there and from his tenure here in Philly....my god hes awful.

You can scheme around bad safeties, though.  You can't necessarily scheme around bad corners.

Captain Metro

It's not an either or proposition either. We're right at the cap mark with Revis' bloated cap hit and the rookie room ... we can likely sign both Revis and McCourty into Revis current cap portion which solves the two main issues

In addition to that Willfork will either restructure or be gone (I will miss having him on the team but those are the breaks), Amendola getting cut opens up 4.5 if we use Post June 1st on him. With those 2 I think we open about 9MM and we're probably not bringing back another FA that we had (Vereen/Gostkowski will command too much money, Akers/Casillas are replaceable) unless they play for similar or less money (thinking Branch and Connolly here). 

Captain Metro

Quote from: J-Reb on February 17, 2015, 03:01:30 PM
You can scheme around bad safeties, though.  You can't necessarily scheme around bad corners.

This is correct too - if I have my choice I'm taking Revis because he simply shuts down a side of the field. I liked what Belichick did and have him on the number 2 receiver and totally take them out and roll coverage to the otherside. This is especially true with Browner on the outside playing bump into the high safety and Chung is passable in this scenario (he's scary bad 1 on 1 in man, but I don't mind him playing high in the box and dropping into zone)

Justin

Quote from: J-Reb on February 17, 2015, 03:01:30 PM

We should know.

J-Reb

Quote from: JustinP on February 19, 2015, 11:46:48 AM
We should know.

You can't scheme around a coach on a team that's won 7 games in two years that makes RG3 his starter in February without as much as a competition.

/endsoapbox

Cory

Combine is done, still really exciting about Trae Waynes to Philly....his excellent 40 time reassured that too.

Mariota looked better than Jameis, and Kevin White and Vic Beasley were combine warriors....still would take Amari Cooper and Dante Fowler over each respectively however.

Cory