Main Menu

Olympics Thread

Started by T-Bonizzle, July 27, 2012, 07:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Wrong

Great bronze for becky adlington in the pool

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Luol Deng cant win it all...

Cant wait for the football on Saturday. I got some of the best seats in Wembley...in front of the corporate boxes. Going with two mates and my brother in law to be.

Then a few days rest and off to the semis on Tuesday.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

T-Bonizzle

Phelps denied a gold again, as the French chase down Locthe and nab gold in the relay.

I think The US Women just won gold in gymnastics. Great moment there.

Oh I see, the American women are getting screwed because only two are allowed per country, so despite Wieber finishing 4th overall, she is eliminated because two of her teammates went above her. Wow that's dumb. So much for the all around final being the BEST 24 women, and the reigning World Champ gets excluded on a technicality.

Dorling

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on July 29, 2012, 11:10:51 PM
Phelps denied a gold again, as the French chase down Locthe and nab gold in the relay.

Oh I see, the American women are getting screwed because only two are allowed per country, so despite Wieber finishing 4th overall, she is eliminated because two of her teammates went above her. Wow that's dumb. So much for the all around final being the BEST 24 women, and the reigning World Champ gets excluded on a technicality.

Hardly being screwed when that's the rule and has been for a while.

Rob

Being screwed because she's American no doubt
SixersEagles

[/center]

T-Bonizzle

I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

Trukish volleyball team was pretty nice too

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jerry McClean

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on July 29, 2012, 11:10:51 PM

I honestly think that British cycling have been fucked over more in both road racing and the velodrome with numbers being limited from what I can tell only to stop a British monopoly when the number of competitors in distance events remains to allow Ethiopians/Kenyans to dominate.

Agree with MDK and disagree with Rob over GB swimming. I think there's been plenty of promise in the pool and more to come from here on in. And saying Britain hasn't improved in any of the sports is just daft.

Also, great Bronze in the gymnastics for the British team. 23rd or something shite 9 years ago. Even the fact they thought they got silver for about 5 minutes cannot hide the fact the improvement has been amazing and it was an awesome sight to see. GO GB!!!!

Sally Screw

Day 3...Canada update.

= Women's basketball team beats Great Britian
= Raonic (Mens) & Wozniak(Women) and Canadian men doubles team all advance in tennis.

Drama Queen

I actually really enjoyed watching the beach volleyball this evening, I find it much easier to watch than regular volleyball, the court being a lot less clustered obviously and really allowing the athletes to showcase their amazing reflexes.

Rooting for USA in all events that Irish athletes are not competing in. Which is a lot of events, lol, particularly hoping for gold in women's soccer and well now in beach volleyball.

What I'm most psyched about though is Katie Taylor in women's boxing. Will be watching boxing in general as it seems to be Ireland's best chance of landing a medal (at least according to the numbers.) The fact that Taylor is a world champion must count for something hopefully.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Watching the men's gymnastics finals and they have to pay for an inquiry into a score. That was shocking to see. I thought the guy was bribing the refs but it turns out that they just want an inquiry into the score. He had a score sheet and a wad of cash and was talking to the scoring committee. Amusing visual to see. Funnily enough they won the inquiry and got the silver instead of being shut out of the medals.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I am cheering Sir Ian Trumps in the mid morning giant poop a thon!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'