News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Olympics Thread

Started by T-Bonizzle, July 27, 2012, 07:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

Gosh, that time again. The Olympics are something special and I love watching them.

Definitely excited. Been watching the US Trials leading up to this week and we look pretty stacked to take home a ton of medals.

GM Franchise

US is projected to win the most medals. Looking forward to swimming, track and field, volleyball, and basketball the most.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Tezmission Black

LoLo Jones followed me on Twitter W00T, this is my best follow since jag added me.

I've not been following much, but every time it comes on TV it's getting recorded so I'll be watching a lot of it over the next few weeks, I'm more of a winter Olympics guy myself but Female Beach Volleyball should be pretty good.

Sally Screw

Love the Olympics!!!!
I love the boxing,judo and track events(even thou it's obvious they are all on growth hormones and blood agents).
Too bad they dumped baseball and softball... But hey, you "have to" have trampoline and rhythmic gymnastics :o

Black Death

enjoy the summer games 

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

GM Franchise

Opening ceremony was really good. Highlights were the James Bond/Queen skit, Mr. Bean's cameo, Arctic Monkeys, and Paul McCartney.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Adam Wrong

Paul mccartney was fucking awful at first ... opening ceremony was amazing though.

I do think its unfair to insinuate they are using performance enhancing drugs and then complain baseball / softball is no longer included.

The athletes work fucking hard to get to this point and if they get a chance to showcase their sport then why not

Dorling

Quote from: M.D.K. on July 28, 2012, 03:46:09 AM
Paul mccartney was fucking awful at first ... opening ceremony was amazing though.

I do think its unfair to insinuate they are using performance enhancing drugs and then complain baseball / softball is no longer included.

The athletes work fucking hard to get to this point and if they get a chance to showcase their sport then why not

Plus there is the fact that this olympics will feature the most stringent drug testing of any event in history. It's very, very difficult to get away with cheating and to say it's 'obvious' that they are all on blood agents and growth hormones is massively disrespectful and shade ignorant towards the elite athletes of the world. Also probably a cop out from any one of us who clearly have too much time on the internet to be physically proficient in anything to even a twentieth of the olympic standard.

On a positive note, the opening ceremony was great and I've already been watching some sport today - I intend to take in as much as I can and have started with handball, archery and beach volleyball.

I also HAVE TICKETS! I will be watching the track and field in the olympic stadium on Friday 10th August. Can't wait.

Smash INC

Quote from: Dorling on July 28, 2012, 05:52:40 AM
Plus there is the fact that this olympics will feature the most stringent drug testing of any event in history. It's very, very difficult to get away with cheating and to say it's 'obvious' that they are all on blood agents and growth hormones is massively disrespectful and shade ignorant towards the elite athletes of the world. Also probably a cop out from any one of us who clearly have too much time on the internet to be physically proficient in anything to even a twentieth of the olympic standard.

On a positive note, the opening ceremony was great and I've already been watching some sport today - I intend to take in as much as I can and have started with handball, archery and beach volleyball.

I also HAVE TICKETS! I will be watching the track and field in the olympic stadium on Friday 10th August. Can't wait.

Remember Dorling, don't take a wrong turn or you could be stuck in the ghetto parts of Hackney.

Black Death

Quote from: Smash INC on July 28, 2012, 06:05:24 AM
Remember Dorling, don't take a wrong turn or you could be stuck in the ghetto parts of Hackney.

does not sound like a nice place to be
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I am very tempted to go to the Bronze medal game for basketball...£325.00 a ticket.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Dorling

Quote from: Trumpers on July 28, 2012, 06:17:08 AM
I am very tempted to go to the Bronze medal game for basketball...£325.00 a ticket.

That's pretty pricey mate! Although you would be getting to see basketball to a pretty decent standard in that game. My tickets for the track and field were £125 each, I'm going with my girlfriend.

Won't be ending up in Hackney though, got a pretty good knowledge of London around those parts!

Adam Wrong

I can't get time off so am going quarter final of football at st james' park and seeing paralympic basketball

T-Bonizzle

I wanted to go to these games, but alas fate did not work in my favor to do so. It would have cost way too much money. I tried booking some stuff in advanced, but damn was it expensive just to book a flight and hotel. I never even looked at ticket prices, but those sound outrageous. To be fair it is the premiere sporting event of the world, and it only happens once every four years, but still.

It's too bad this is the last English speaking country that is hosting a games for a long time. There's talk of Philly or NYC making a bid for 2024 or 2028, but those are way away off. It's almost a once in a lifetime event, so you guys should take advantage of the opportunity you have. It may never be hosted in the UK again during your lifetime.

I might try to go to Rio. It's probably the best option for games for the rest of this decade. (and the closest to me lol)

GM Franchise

I want to go when they have the games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.