Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend a Hoax??

Started by Hondo, January 16, 2013, 04:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Permafried

And what's really sad about this, is there is an actual chick dead, but she didn't die, she killed herself after being harassed by players because she reported a sexual assault, and apparently, she's not the only one to have those kind of issues. I'm not one for saying "hey, this or that person is guilty" but when I'm wondering how somebody's imaginary girlfriend deserves so much attention and yet the potential your team might have a rape problem gets much less attention. Seriously, is winning a game that damn important?

Hondo

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

The first thing that sprang to my mind when this story broke was, Manti Te'o was gay, and due to his Samoan/Mormon (what a combo!) heritage, was reluctant to come out.  So, he enlists an accomplice to create a fake girlfriend, that he can use when his teammates try to get him to go out looking for girls ("I can't guys, I have a GF").  Then, close to graduation, the GF "dies" (and using his real Grandmom's death as a sheild to keep people from prying into it was BRILLIANT), and the story was supposed to fade away....until it didn't.

Everything since then has been damage control.

My $.02.

Justin

Mike Powers

The funny thing is, NONE of the media is even mentioning this as a possibility.  The only one that brought it up was Katie Couric for god sake.  KATIE COURIC!!!

GM Franchise

To me it's the most logical possibility. Either that or doing it for attention. Only two reasons to do such a thing in my opinion.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible