News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Tim Tebow

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, August 23, 2011, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

In terms of who is a better quaterback I'd go Newton any day of the week. Guy is a tremendous athelete and has the right mechanics to be a great NFL QB and how can you argue with those rushing TD numbers.

It depends how you measure if Cor, Tebow is a winner and when it all boils down to it that is what counts. In terms of who is the better QB, Tebow is low on that list. The guy has a horrible action in terms of throwing and I think the credit of these wins also have to go to a lot of the Broncos. He also has a lot stronger weapons than you give them credit for.

I am kind of on the fence with him. If he keeps winning, how can you argue his impact? Fact is he needs to keep doing this because if he doesnt as a stand alone QB the guy is pretty poor. I appreciate the poor kid is under an intense spotlight which he has dealt with very well and I don't blame him at all for the eye rolling BS of NFL.com and all these sports shows all over his nut sack every day.

One thing we can all agree on at the midpoint of the season he has been a great talking point. Added to that, the guy I think is a fantastic model of what a professional athlete should be about. Faith is of course subjective...but nice to see someone stood there proud of who they are and being positive rather than all the negatives usually associated with professional sports players.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on December 18, 2011, 04:24:43 PM
Something that I think would be interesting to see is what would people's reactions be if he started to lose a number of games in a row. Outside of more hardcore football fans, anyone paying attention seems to love the guy and can't stop talking about him. I wonder how many games he would have to stink up before all the love he is getting turns in to hate.

Granted, he may never start stinking up the place...but it would be an interesting thing to watch.

Thats kind of where I am coming from mate. Say for example Carson Palmer if the Raiders are a losing team, nobody can really say he is a shit QB. He has a great arm and can change a game around as well as a respect leader. You look at Tebow...if he cant win, what value at the QB position does he have to any team.

Cory

Tebows team isnt helping him at all today.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Best game I have seen him play if I am honest as a passer.

Jon

I thought Tebow played his best game of the season today. Other then the fumble, which is the only really negative I play I saw. He did a lot of really good things and looked good throwing the football.

The loss isn't on him that's for sure... but if the media will most likely blame him for the most part. But if you get all the credit when you didn't deserve it... then you have to be able to handle to blame, even when you don't deserve it.

Tom Brady is the shit. That is all.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

I think the game v/s Minnesota was the best example of his passing, or maybe count the 4th against the Bears, but he didn't get help from anyone out there today.

Look forward to him bouncing back next week though with a W

Justin

How can you say he didn't get any help?  The team ran for a total of 252 yards, and he accounted for 92.  He did enough passing to help keep the Patriots defense honest.  The problem is they played a better team and got beat.  Its as simple as that.  If you look back at their 7 game winning streak the average record for their opponents is .440...that's a losing record.  They weren't playing quality teams, except for the Bears who are without Cutler of course.  He only completed 50% of his passes, which he is going to have to become more accurate than that.

Cory

Quote from: JustinP on December 19, 2011, 09:04:40 AM
How can you say he didn't get any help?  The team ran for a total of 252 yards, and he accounted for 92.  He did enough passing to help keep the Patriots defense honest.  The problem is they played a better team and got beat.  Its as simple as that.  If you look back at their 7 game winning streak the average record for their opponents is .440...that's a losing record.  They weren't playing quality teams, except for the Bears who are without Cutler of course.  He only completed 50% of his passes, which he is going to have to become more accurate than that.

The fumble at the end of the first half was a nightmare...one of the worst plays all year, and the o-line had its worst game since the Lions loss. McGahee got hurt and Lance Ball had a costly fumble too (Tebow has one as well). The defense shit the bed, but like I said earlier in the week I believed the Pats were going to win, just didn't think Broncos would give up 41.

Justin

It's because they finally played a high quality team whose offense is hard to stop by any defense in the league.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on December 19, 2011, 12:24:38 PM
It's because they finally played a high quality team whose offense is hard to stop by any defense in the league.

What about the Lions? Their offense is kicking ass so this isn't the only good offense they've played since he took over. They also beat a Jets team that is in playoff contention and San Diego which murdered the Ravens on Sunday Night Football. I was at the game (Pats/Broncos) and the fumbles were the difference. The game possibly would've been an OT game if it wasn't for that. They basically handed the Pats 17 points with those mistakes. It's not all just Tebow and this game showed that. He wasn't the reason why they lost. In fact he almost ran for 100 yards and had close to 300 yards of total offense. I'm going to type up a full report on the game to post here tomorrow but bottom line is that the fumbles were the difference. My opinion on Tebow is that he isn't the best quarterback out there but he is entertaining to watch, he's a locker room leader, and "all he does is win" to quote Stephen A. Smith. He's got a winning record as a starter and if he's winning games then I don't see what the big deal is. The guy wins games for his team and the big thing to look at is how the team was doing before he took over the team. They were 6-22 if I'm not mistaken before he was named the full starter before he was named the starter. 6-22 compared to 7-2 with Tebow. That was one of the worst if not the worst in the league. If they're winning games now and they weren't before then I'd say there's nothing but positive. Plus add to it all the media attention which I'm sure is helping their revenue stream so having the guy on their team is good on all accounts. Also Tom Brady is amazing. He's like a surgeon on the field slicing through the opposing defense. Now to add to this I've found some amusing videos with Tebow debates I've found on Youtube. These are all very amusing.

Skip Bayless vs. Chris Carter - Fight and Heated Tebow debate

Are you sold on Tim Tebow?

The Most Heated Debate Over Tim Tebow
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Consistency is the difference.  The Pats have been good all season and are a more complete team.  Sure, they give up a lot of yards on defense, but hold opponents from scoring as much as they should.  All those teams you have mentioned have been all over the place all year and at the time the Broncos played them, they were usually in some sort of slump.  The guy is a winner, but to say he is the only reason the Broncos are doing so well is asinine considering how good the defense has been to keep them in games and to set them up in the position to win the game at the end.

GM Franchise

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on December 21, 2011, 12:18:54 AM
It's not all just Tebow and this game showed that.

Did you miss this part? The defense has been playing well but that team needs a leader. Tebow has proved that. Look at how they are now compared to how they were when Orton was still the quarterback. The Pats are a more complete team, yes, but they have an elite level coach and an elite level quarterback. Denver changed their entire system during their Bye week and changed starting quarterbacks. A team that goes to a Run First offense and changes quarterbacks and running backs (Willis McGahee replaced Knowshon Moreno), basically an entirely new system, should not be having this much success. I think Orton was not a good fit for that team but Tebow has the perfect mentality to lead them on offense. On defense the injection of Von Miller has done wonders.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

I was generally speaking, not necessarily responding to just your post.  A lot of people have acted as though Tebow is the only reason they are winning.  But rest assure, that it won't last long.  He is the biggest sports story this year, but when next year rolls around all of the hoopla and craziness will be gone and reality will settle in when they have a losing record next year and the offense won't be able to do anything.

GM Franchise

It'll also depend on their schedule. Strength of schedule plays a big part in how a team does.

Jon

I think it was so fitting that the team to beat the Packers was a Kyle Orton lead Chiefs team.

I think it'll be hilarious if somehow, the Chiefs win the AFC West over the Broncos in Week 17.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors