News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Tim Tebow

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, August 23, 2011, 07:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

That could happen even with Orton as the starter but frankly he's not that great and he'll Ortonize the Chiefs offense to the point where they wont make the playoffs. However Romeo Crennel is the real wild card. This guy can coach. Look at what he's done with a crap team in one week. They're playing like they did when the made the playoffs last year and not how they've been playing this year.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on December 21, 2011, 08:16:43 PM
That could happen even with Orton as the starter but frankly he's not that great and he'll Ortonize the Chiefs offense to the point where they wont make the playoffs. However Romeo Crennel is the real wild card. This guy can coach. Look at what he's done with a crap team in one week. They're playing like they did when the made the playoffs last year and not how they've been playing this year.

What do you mean... even with Orton as the starter? Kyle Orton is a good quarterback... which makes me laugh that Denver just got rid of him. They could have traded him for at least a late first round pick in return. The reason the Broncos were losing was not Orton's fault. I think if you ask most teams, they'll take a QB who throws for as many yards as Orton does with his TD to INT ratio any day.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Maz

^^^ really wanted him to come to Washington for that stat ratio :(

Chiefs D' looked great against the Pack' ... Two words ... Tamba Hali ... that dude balls all day long!

Cory

Quote from: DnK on December 21, 2011, 08:22:02 PM
What do you mean... even with Orton as the starter? Kyle Orton is a good quarterback... which makes me laugh that Denver just got rid of him. They could have traded him for at least a late first round pick in return.The reason the Broncos were losing was not Orton's fault. I think if you ask most teams, they'll take a QB who throws for as many yards as Orton does with his TD to INT ratio any day.

LOL

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Quote from: DnK on December 21, 2011, 08:22:02 PM
What do you mean... even with Orton as the starter? Kyle Orton is a good quarterback... which makes me laugh that Denver just got rid of him. They could have traded him for at least a late first round pick in return. The reason the Broncos were losing was not Orton's fault. I think if you ask most teams, they'll take a QB who throws for as many yards as Orton does with his TD to INT ratio any day.

Denver got rid of him... BECAUSE HE SUCKS! He was 12-21 as their starter in Denver however when you factor in that he started 6-0 that means he went 6-21 after that as a starter after that first run. How is that a good quarterback? Without the Chicago Defense backing him up he's done nothing in the NFL. Even with that he had the lowest QB rating in the NFL his first year and has been average at best since then. Don't even get me started on his first year as the starter in Denver after the Cutler trade. He led that team to one of the biggest choke jobs of all time. Denver started 6-0 and then went 2-8 to miss the playoffs. His overall starting record is 34-33 including last week and most of that was with Chicago back when they had a top tier NFL defense. Orton is a middle of the road quarterback and always will be. Not Orton's fault? Look at the team since he left. I'd say a lot of it was his leadership on offense. Look at them now with Tebow. Same team, HUGE difference. Orton was not a good fit for that team and it showed. The moment Tebow took over the offense had belief in themselves and it showed on the field. The defense was energized by that too so the whole team's demeanor changed and it showed on the field with how they've been playing since the change was made. Orton's best year had 20 TDs and 9 INTs but the team was 3-10 with him starting that year. Tebow may not be the best but I'm sure even at his worst he could put up similar numbers plus a high number of rushing yards which he has done already. As far as Orton's yards go the most he's EVER thrown is 3,803 back in 2009. The Brandon Lloyd factor should be added into that equation since Lloyd was a beast back then. The year he did that he wasn't even in the top ten in the league in passing, he was fourteenth. Like I said, he's a middle of the road quarterback, nothing special. That sums it up right there.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

To elaborate......

If any team gave up any more than a 3rd rounder for Orton, they should re-evaluate management. Orton has never been anything more....or better than a backup. He was extremely hot for like 6 games last season and then fell off the fucking map.

He wont replace Cassel in KC, he's just a bandaid until Cassel returns.

Jon

Quote from: Cory on December 21, 2011, 09:44:17 PM

LOL

Alright, I was being a bit over exaggerate.

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on December 22, 2011, 12:06:20 AM
Denver got rid of him... BECAUSE HE SUCKS! He was 12-21 as their starter in Denver however when you factor in that he started 6-0 that means he went 6-21 after that as a starter after that first run. How is that a good quarterback? Without the Chicago Defense backing him up he's done nothing in the NFL. Even with that he had the lowest QB rating in the NFL his first year and has been average at best since then. Don't even get me started on his first year as the starter in Denver after the Cutler trade. He led that team to one of the biggest choke jobs of all time. Denver started 6-0 and then went 2-8 to miss the playoffs. His overall starting record is 34-33 including last week and most of that was with Chicago back when they had a top tier NFL defense. Orton is a middle of the road quarterback and always will be. Not Orton's fault? Look at the team since he left. I'd say a lot of it was his leadership on offense. Look at them now with Tebow. Same team, HUGE difference. Orton was not a good fit for that team and it showed. The moment Tebow took over the offense had belief in themselves and it showed on the field. The defense was energized by that too so the whole team's demeanor changed and it showed on the field with how they've been playing since the change was made. Orton's best year had 20 TDs and 9 INTs but the team was 3-10 with him starting that year. Tebow may not be the best but I'm sure even at his worst he could put up similar numbers plus a high number of rushing yards which he has done already. As far as Orton's yards go the most he's EVER thrown is 3,803 back in 2009. The Brandon Lloyd factor should be added into that equation since Lloyd was a beast back then. The year he did that he wasn't even in the top ten in the league in passing, he was fourteenth. Like I said, he's a middle of the road quarterback, nothing special. That sums it up right there.

LOL... he doesn't suck. No, he's not a Tom Brady or a Drew Brees... but he is a middle of the pack NFL Quarterback. He's better then a lot of people give him credit for and he didn't deserve all that crap Bronco fans gave him, that's for sure.

I don't know how to explain why the Broncos all of a sudden starting playing defense. If it is truly because Tim Tebow was quarterback and not Kyle Orton... then that is just straight up sad. I tell you what... if the Broncos defense played as good as they have for Tebow (minus the Lions and Pats games) then Orton would have won more games too.

Maybe it's his leadership skills that suck. I don't know that. But he has the tools of a good quarterback. You can take a long look up and down the starting QB's in the NFL and Orton has good career numbers compared to quite a few of them. Orton also went through... what? 4 coaches in Denver?

GM Franchise

Quote from: DnK on December 22, 2011, 12:45:03 AM
LOL... he doesn't suck. No, he's not a Tom Brady or a Drew Brees... but he is a middle of the pack NFL Quarterback. He's better then a lot of people give him credit for and he didn't deserve all that crap Bronco fans gave him, that's for sure.

I don't know how to explain why the Broncos all of a sudden starting playing defense. If it is truly because Tim Tebow was quarterback and not Kyle Orton... then that is just straight up sad. I tell you what... if the Broncos defense played as good as they have for Tebow (minus the Lions and Pats games) then Orton would have won more games too.

Maybe it's his leadership skills that suck. I don't know that. But he has the tools of a good quarterback. You can take a long look up and down the starting QB's in the NFL and Orton has good career numbers compared to quite a few of them. Orton also went through... what? 4 coaches in Denver?

Are you serious? Am I going to have to go Skip Bayless on here to get my points across? Firstly he's not better than people give him credit for. His best stats other than the 3,800 passing yards back in '09 are average. As for the Broncos defense they started playing defense because they were winning the turnover battle thanks to the offense. This year Orton threw 8 touchdowns and 7 interceptions as the starter. Tebow on the other hand has kept the turnovers to a minimum and that is why they are winning games. The defense doesn't have to be on the field more because of extra turnovers. Tebow has thrown 11 TDs and only 2 INTs. See the difference there? It's HUGE. It's also a major factor as to why they are winning games. Now you want to talk about career numbers. Let's take a look at them, shall we?

http://www.nfl.com/player/kyleorton/2506444/profile

He's thrown for 14,052 yards in his career. However look at the TD-INT stats. 79-55, which is not too good especially since it's a 2-1 ratio meaning for every 2 TDs he's thrown he's thrown at least 1 INT to go with it. Eli Manning has thrown for 164-115 and that's a similar ratio but he's thrown for over 3,000 yards all but his rookie year. Carson Palmer's numbers are very similar to Eli's, almost identical. Alex Smith and Tavaris Jackson are the closest in games started to him and so is Joe Flacco. Thus far, with two games left in this season, Flacco has thrown 79 TDs to 45 INTs and 13,554 yards. However when you factor in that he plays the Steelers twice a year that isn't that bad. Flacco is the best comparison by games played, yards, etc. However he's better than Orton and there's some QBs out there that are way better than him (Brees, Brady, etc.). And finally Orton went through three coaches. He was not there when Shanahan was there and one of those coaches was an interim coach who only coached him for one game. The other three games were started by Tebow.

Cory

Tebow had an awful game...

...but Mark Sanchez still played worse. WORST QB IN THE LEAGUE

GM Franchise

Tebow had his worst game today in my opinion. However I did see one thing that I liked. Even when things were at their worst they kept throwing the ball. Considering that they had already thrown three interceptions at least they had the guts to keep throwing the ball instead of running it. That surprised me so at least one positive came out of this disaster of a game. In other new Kyle Orton Ortonized the Chiefs offense just like I predicted. And no, Sanchez isn't at Curtis Painter levels of suck yet.

Cory

Quote from: James V, The Calvary's Franchise on December 24, 2011, 05:27:25 PM
And no, Sanchez isn't at Curtis Painter levels of suck yet.

Curtis Painter is a back-up and no on expects him to do anything.

Sanchez is the Jets franchise QB, on a legit playoff team, AND is fucking awful.

1-0 Sanchez.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Cory on December 24, 2011, 06:18:16 PM
Curtis Painter is a back-up and no on expects him to do anything.

Sanchez is the Jets franchise QB, on a legit playoff team, AND is fucking awful.

1-0 Sanchez.

So you mean he's the new Trent Dilfer? Albeit Dilfer won a Super Bowl but the similarities are there.

Jon

Kyle Orton led a comeback against the Raiders and out his team in position to win the game, but the field goal was blocked and he never received another chance. The Chiefs got Ortonized... if that makes you feel better after getting blown out against the god awful Bills.

A week after Tim Tebow actually looked good throwing the football... he took a giant step backwards this week. I'm sure some of it had to do with the cold weather, but he spent way too much time looking in one direction and didn't go through his progressions. He gets one more chance next week to get his team in the playoffs against the Kyle Orton led Chiefs... he better win that game.

I guess if the Chiefs got Ortonized... the Broncos just got Tebowed.

GM Franchise

Quote from: DnK on December 24, 2011, 06:41:31 PM
I guess if the Chiefs got Ortonized... the Broncos just got Tebowed.

No, they got Billed. If they miss the playoffs then they will have gotten Tebowed.

Cory

.....if the bills didn't get hit with 3 major injuries.....they'd be a playoff team (well, potentially...but strong potential)

Not defending Tebows poor performance, but the Bills aren't really that bad of a football team, just lost Jackson and two major o-lineman.