News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

GREATEST EVER?

Started by Cory, October 16, 2012, 04:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Who is the greatest ever and WHY?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

I go with LT Easy, with Reggie White #2, then everyone else. WHY?

Defensive players work harder to get their numbers. They can't rely on someone else to help them succeed AS MUCH as an offensive player. I would say Reggie White because he had almost 2 sacks a game for the Eagles, but he packed his back and left for the Packers, and even tho hes one of my top 5 favorite Eagles, how can even an Eagles fan not admit that Lawerence Taylor was amazing.

He was Ray Lewis before there was a Ray Lewis, and he was unblock able. 132 sacks at Linebacker, a few career ending hits, relentless motor, played a game with a broken arm and got 2 sacks.

The reason this debate was sparked was about the current NFL MVP race, where some say Manning should get it, while I think JJ Watt deserves it IF he breaks the sack record. Heres my logic:

A defensive player is usually solely responsible for their own stats. The only two things that can help them achieve these stats are: A) Blitz heavy offense, which LT WASNT apart of, and often broke coverage plays and would make a sack. B) Other elite players to limit blocking. LT didn't have this, as the Giants were an above average defense. Reggie White had Jerome Brown and Clyde Simmons, LT had less talent.

Jerry Rice however had Joe Montana & Rich Gannon, two very good QB's throwing to him throughout his career. He played on the 49ers who were unstoppable in the 80's. Rice was phenomenal, but his stats were combined with the great talent he had throwing to him, as oppose to LT who had to rely on his own talents to ammas his stats.

Justin

My pick is reserved for Barry Sanders.  Would have obliterated the rushing record had he not retired 5 seaons too early.

GM Franchise

My pick is John Elway. Quarterbacked his team to five Super Bowls, winning two, and led The Drive in the AFC Championship game in Cleveland. Honorable mentions go to Lawrence Taylor, Walter Payton, and Tom Brady.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Quote from: JustinP on October 16, 2012, 05:27:53 PM
My pick is reserved for Barry Sanders.  Would have obliterated the rushing record had he not retired 5 seaons too early.

Awesome nod. My favourite RB of all time and I think you're right.

T-Bonizzle

Tom Brady. I think I've explained why he's the greatest time and time again.

Cory

I think Bradys the best QB ever, but again stick with my "defensive player over offensive player" logic.

Jon

I'd take Lawrence Taylor has the best ever on the list you provided.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors