News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Gnomeo and Juliet was...good. Nothing zOMG spectacular, nothing OMGUS terrible, just...good. 3D effects were pretty good, considering it's the first I've seen of a movie in 3D. I'd give it a solid B.

I'm being hounded about taking my bro to see that...(shudder)...Bieber movie next weekend. If that happens, expect a nice mini-rant lol

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Hondo

I finally... finally... FINALLY... got around to watching Fight Club yesterday. And I gotta say, I wasn't impressed. Maybe it's because I already knew [spoiler]that the Narrator and Tyler Durden were the same man. Why am I spoiler warning this? I'm the only person who never saw it.[/spoiler], because you can't have a 12 year old movie with a twist ending and not eventually hear what the twist is. Maybe that's why I didn't get into it as much. I feel bad for Meat Loaf for having to wear those fake boobs for the whole movie though.

4/10

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Duckman

The Other Guys.

Total pish.  It started off ok and then just fell off a cliff.  I don't even remember the finish because I was so bored I ended up going on the net and just half watching it.

Mark Wallberg is not funny.

Will Ferrell was also not funny in this one.

Crap, crap, crap.  Avoid at all costs.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Gary

I agree about the Other Guys..i truly hate Will Ferrel in anything other than Old School 99.9% of the time he tries to hard to be funny and I hate movies the force the jokes instead of letting them flow and this movie is no different. Sam Jackson and The Rock were 10 times more funnier in this movie than Ferrel and Whalberg

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: Gary on March 05, 2011, 04:42:00 PMI agree about the Other Guys..i truly hate Will Ferrel in anything other than Old School 99.9% of the time he tries to hard to be funny and I hate movies the force the jokes instead of letting them flow and this movie is no different. Sam Jackson and The Rock were 10 times more funnier in this movie than Ferrel and Whalberg

Having not seen the movie, the question I've always had to ask upon seeing the trailers is this:

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT THE ROCK AND SAM JACKSON?!!!

Alex Smiley

Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. in 3D.

Was actually...decent. If nothing else, I have a lot more respect for the guy as a musician. Seeing all those little girls crying with joy was hilarious, though. A solid B for this movie...and yes, the B stands for Bieber.

Don't look at me like that.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Moving on from Alex...and trust me we need to.

Saw 'Paul' at the cinema the other day and it was pretty shit. It wasn't funny hardly at all and it's attempted gags like the revelation of the big boss lady amongst some weird joke about Bateman's characters name made it even worse.

Pegg and Frost get worse and worse for me. Shaun and Fuzz aside, anything else I have seen them in movie wise has been poor even when not working together.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

HALL PASS

For any married/long term relationship guys the entire first hour is kind of good, specifically the banter between Wilson and the other guy whilst going around the rich guys house. Film kind of tanks towards the end, but you get to see some boobs and stuff.

Felt like a cheap version of Wedding Crashers. Worth a rental at best.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on March 09, 2011, 09:59:34 AM
Grown Ups

I pride myself on being able to find positive things about a movie. Hell, I liked 'The Other Guys,' which everyone who posted above me hated!

That said, Grown Ups was awful. I didn't crack a smile once. Even for a corny Adam Sandler comedy, things felt forced. It seemed like each scene wasn't even written, and more like they just said, "what if we did this, and then ad libbed the rest?" and they couldn't come up with funny things to say. Not to mention the whole movie was just putting over how rich/successful/talented Sandler was to the whole time.

Very bad movie, don't even rent it.

Karma point...I was terribly disappointed by this too.

Duckman

Toy Story 3 - Yep, only just got round to seeing this.  Fucking brilliant movie.  I really, really loved everything about it.  A great story and script, looks like a billion bucks and when the film ends you feel like you've been told a really great story that you cared about.  Brilliant film making all round.

Tron Legacy - Hhmmm.  I didn't really get it.  I mean I liked the flashes and the bangs and what not but it just felt like a fireworks display of a movie.  Lots of 'ohhs' and 'ahhs' but when it finishes, you can't remember any of it or what your favourite part was.  Soundtrack was fucking awesome though - going to buy that.  Other than that while it looked pretty it didn't have anywhere near the emotion or characters that Toy Story did.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Goldferg

Suckerpunch
'Visual Foreplay' was a way one of the guys I saw it with described it, and to be honest, I kind've agree with him. Visually it's pretty amazing, the film student in me wants to see it again, because I know i missed a lot. The narrative within a narrative within a narrative is an interesting framing device, although ultimately it does kind've fall into 'plot, what plot?' territory in places. I personally enjoyed and liked it, but it's really not a film that'll be everybody's cup of tea. A future cult hit no doubt, but I think this will be one of those films appreciated more in years to come.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

The Janitor

last movie i watched was Star Trek Generations. I;m a trek fan and this movie gets alot of flak (hell, no movie with the TNG cast DIDN'T get flak. But i liked it. I'm not a hardcore trekkie, but i certainly enjoy watching it, like wrestling it's cult viewing, and while i've fell into the smark trap where i criticise more than appreciate the thing i love i haven't gotten to that stage with trek. I thought it was a good story, well acted, stellar performance by Malcolm McDowell. If you haven't watched trek or find it hard to get into then start with this, it's a great introduction to the universe and the story stands well on its own too.

(i know this is an old movie, and one i have seen before, but it asked for last movie i watched, not latest to be released)

Black Death

Quote from: The Janitor on April 13, 2011, 09:43:41 PM
last movie i watched was Star Trek Generations. I;m a trek fan and this movie gets alot of flak (hell, no movie with the TNG cast DIDN'T get flak. But i liked it. I'm not a hardcore trekkie, but i certainly enjoy watching it, like wrestling it's cult viewing, and while i've fell into the smark trap where i criticise more than appreciate the thing i love i haven't gotten to that stage with trek. I thought it was a good story, well acted, stellar performance by Malcolm McDowell. If you haven't watched trek or find it hard to get into then start with this, it's a great introduction to the universe and the story stands well on its own too.

(i know this is an old movie, and one i have seen before, but it asked for last movie i watched, not latest to be released)

nice ... i  am reading the novel to it ... the book kept in the few scenes that they cut out of the movie ... it a really good film ... might put it on tonight .
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Adam Wrong

Watched the crying game last night...

Holy shit is all I can say. A bloody brilliant film with possibly the greatest movie twist ever. Ending let it down a little but still fantastic

Midas

Priest...

Please do not waste your money or time seeing this movie! I honestly wanted to walk out of the theater and just go home because the movie was just poorly done but this is not a shot at the director because the storyline is just awful also.

Quick Synopsis

Sometime in the future there was a battle between Vampires and Humans that waged for some time with the Vampires winning the war until the "Church" developed super soldiers in the form of "Priest" who appear to be able to combat the Vampires and win the war for the human race. Shortly after this "Victory" the church disbands the "Priest" and force them to live in society among us. Mankind are grouped together in several cities around the globe which are run by the church and life is pretty bad. All vampires are suppose to be contained in prison like camps but this is hardly the case...

That is pretty much the just of it... I mean ofcourse more details can be given but really there is no point, they spend the first 5 minutes of the movie explaing the entire back story of how society ended up this way and they did it in the form of a comic which sucked! They introduce us to the main protagonist Priest played by Paul Bettany and then proceed to whip us right into a poorly built story and honestly expect us to just check all sense of reality at the door and just enjoy the movie but problem is that the movie just plain sucks. I really like Paul Bettany as a actor and really he was the reason I went to see it but truthfully his acting sucked in the movie and that was probably with him trying to cover up his accent... It was like him and co-star Karl Urban were sent to the Clint Eastwood school of speaking in order to cover up there accents and it was distracting and really just took you away from the entire movie. No real supporting cast besides Maggie Q who is normally great to look at but not in this case plus she spoke very little in the movie, and Cam Gigandet who basically was really bad and just pure annoying at all times...

I mean sometimes I can say "Hey rent this movie and ignore the poor acting and storyline so you can have some fun" but this time I can honestly say that there is no point. This movies running time was 87 minutes and I can honestly say that had they added about 20 more minutes to the movie to develop some storyline and not just rush the movie out they might have had something but worse part is that they left shit open for a sequel which just made me wonder what the hell they were thinking...

I can honestly say that this movie get 1 start out of 5 in my book...