News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

part 2

Apollo 18

About a secret mission to the moon and this footage shows what happen to three astronauts  that went there and reason that we have not gone back since . It is in the the vein of Paranormal Activity and Blair Witch ... I had no problem with it , I enjoy it , but I could see were some people might not like it.   I thought it was well done

Real Steel

I enjoy this film , I love  and mean really love the Robot fights in this film. I was into the fights  and wish there was more fights. 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gary

Exit through the Gift Shop, the street art documentary by Banksy. If you are any kind of artist, watch this film it is fucking awesome as hell.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

brkendown

Take Me Home Tonight - Had already watched it once right before it came out on DVD, but caught it on Netflix tonight and damn, do I enjoy it. I'm all about 'retro' movies, especially the 80s. Loved the 4 main characters, and thought Topher Grace did a good job in the movie. Dan Fogler is just an extremely funny man too.

And since I was in a 'retro' mood, watched perhaps a movie that's in my top 10.

Dazed and Confused- IF there is anyone out there that hasn't seen this movie, well they have def. been living under a rock.

Gary

Quote from: brkendown on January 18, 2012, 10:19:00 PM

Dazed and Confused- IF there is anyone out there that hasn't seen this movie, well they have def. been living under a rock.

Its in my top 10 movies of all time, and the soundtrack is bad ass.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

brkendown

Well following my watching of Dazed and Confused, I stumbled upon this gem in the recommendations.

Palo Alto, CA. - Just, wow...fantastic sleeper film. Didn't have much interest in it at first, figured it'd just be another sloppy 'teenager' movie. But I spotted a review of it at the top of the Netflix page and just went with it. Most of the lead actors are familiar faces, including Ben Savage still playing a college kid. It was great movie and my crush on Autumn Reeser helped me enjoy it tenfold. Great flick though, from start to finish. Without spoiling anything, the plot is 4 friends come home for college and it follows each one of their nights. Like I said, if you have Netflix, give it a watch.

Justin

Ides of March - At times the movie was a little slow, but overall it had a nice plot with a somewhat unexpected twist to it.  Ryan Gossling and the campaign manager (can't think of his name) were a great pairing.  Definitely worth watching.

Fnord

I fell asleep in the middle of this one in the theater... but I do that frequently.  hahaha

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Justin

I can see how you did, like I said it gets slow at times, but if you can make it through its a decent movie.

Justin

Just watched Moneyball over the weekend.  Being an avid baseball fan it was interesting to see the approach Billy Beane took towards beating a team.  Good acting and a decent movie worth watching.

Bruh

Just saw "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close."  Really wasn't prepared for what I saw, and it was a pretty powerful movie.  Long, but powerful.  I can definitely see that if anyone who lost loved ones or was touched by the 9/11 disaster, this movie would really hit home.  Nonetheless, pretty good movie, probably could've been cut a little shorter, but it did its job, that's for sure.

Duckman

Last week I watched Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy - brilliant film.  One of the best I've seen in a long time.  Amazing cast, top class performances, excellent script and it looked amazing.  It stars nearly every great British actor at the moment!  Really great film.  9 quacks out of 10.

Just finished watching Drive.  Holy fuck that was good!  From the excellent performance of Ryan Gosling as the unnamed and totally fucking weird anti hero character, to the brutal violence, brilliant car chases and just the over all classy feel, this could be one of my favourite films of the past year.  Totally NOT what I expected!  9 quacks out of 10.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Black Death

Quote from: Duckman on February 11, 2012, 05:42:20 PM

Just finished watching Drive.  Holy fuck that was good!  From the excellent performance of Ryan Gosling as the unnamed and totally fucking weird anti hero character, to the brutal violence, brilliant car chases and just the over all classy feel, this could be one of my favourite films of the past year.  Totally NOT what I expected!  9 quacks out of 10.

Peace

Duckman

agree with you... I love the film .  had that old west feel to it .  great film
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Doug E Fresh

Movies I've seen recently:

Dune. A sci-fi movie that to me seems like the beginning of all sci-fi movies. Even though it came out after star wars, its based off a book from the early 60s so there's a lot of similarities. Very strange movie.

Moneyball. Fucking loved it. I'm a baseball geek so I have a bias but it is quite historically accurate. Shapiro is the real GM of the Indians for example. Really good stuff.

X-Men First Class. Better than I expected. Wasn't thrilled about X-Men 3 and the Wolverine spin-off was watchable at best. So I had a pleasant reaction and appreciate being a bit closer to the comic than the previously mentioned movies.

Clash of the Titans. Nothing special. I was having a rough day and needed some mindless action. This fit the bill.

Green Lantern. A lot of people I know hated on this and I see that it had some cheesy parts to it but overall I thought it was alright.

JakeV

I just watched Moneyball for the first time.

Holy Hell, what an incredible movie. Brad Pitt is, in my opinion, one of the greatest actors ever, and this was one of his most amazing parts. It is honestly the best sports movie I've ever seen. Over Field of Dreams, over Any Given Sunday, over Raging Bull, over Rudy. It was that good.

Believe!

SPDougie

Quote from: JakeV on May 02, 2012, 11:15:35 PM
I just watched Moneyball for the first time.

Holy Hell, what an incredible movie. Brad Pitt is, in my opinion, one of the greatest actors ever, and this was one of his most amazing parts. It is honestly the best sports movie I've ever seen. Over Field of Dreams, over Any Given Sunday, over Raging Bull, over Rudy. It was that good.

I wouldn't say it was the greatest sports movie ever but I thought it was pretty damn good.  I especially liked when they showed how much of a dunderhead Beane was to turn down the Red Sox...but that won us some world championships  :P.  I would go with Major League as a better baseball movie just because of how hilarious the whole thing is.