Give a small review of the last movie you watched.

Started by TaNK, July 13, 2008, 09:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on December 21, 2012, 12:31:50 AM
My take on hobbit is that it was good and much simpler than lotr trilogy. Ending felt randomly placed though, Def felt umderwhelmed. good movie, hobbit trilogy may very well surpass the other trilogy.

Biggest let down was the music. It underwhelmed me huge. Predictable and didn't build as well. Not counting dwarf songs, the music was just... There

Forgot to add in the simplified english and modern expressions and jokes. My wifes been speaking English 5-6 years only and she was unable to keep up with lotr without subtitles. For the hobbit though, other than one riddle scene, she understood everything. I choose to enjoy the simplified language

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ty

Black Death

yes ...  but  it is simple language because Tolkien wanted to write a children story and the Hobbit was it .

jagilki

Quote from: The Incredible TyTy on December 21, 2012, 02:42:30 PM
They reference modern day things...

Read the actual story, Tolkien referenced modern day things too (well Modern day for the 20s)

GM Franchise

The creatures and characters are what makes the stories work. And by stories I mean both The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

Watched Hit & Run and it was surprisingly good. Had a few funny parts and some decent action scenes. Tom Arnold was fucking hilarious.

4/5

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

Django Unchained is another QT classic.  Great movie that was able to shed a little light on how slavery was, but at the same time was able to make it comedic and light-hearted.  The violence was definitely there as well.

Cory

Quote from: JustinP on December 30, 2012, 08:49:38 AM
Django Unchained is another QT classic.  Great movie that was able to shed a little light on how slavery was, but at the same time was able to make it comedic and light-hearted.  The violence was definitely there as well.

Sick gonna catch this next week with the woman.

Watched Grave Encounters + Grave Encounters 2 last night....not too sure. For what it is (low budget horror flick), not a bad movie, but in the grand scheme of horror movies not that great. 2/5 for the pair.

Crazy Kyd

I watched the original Carrie last night. I was really impressed. I could see what this movie set in terms of the standard. I saw it to compare it to the remake when that comes out. Now, I'm sure the newest remake won't be that great but if anyone could do the role of Carrie well, it would be Chloe Grace Moretz.

Cory

Saw House at the end of the Street.....horrible movie. My girlfriend is usually one of those "im scared in every scary movie" type of chicks and she thought this was stupid.

Pass on this.

0/5

Black Death

Quote from: Cory on January 02, 2013, 11:40:29 PM
Saw House at the end of the Street.....horrible movie. My girlfriend is usually one of those "im scared in every scary movie" type of chicks and she thought this was stupid.

Pass on this.

0/5

you were trying to get some play on the couch ... lol   

Watch Looper ... Really like it , thought it was a well written , well acted  movie.  I like time travel movies , so this was well in my wheelhouse .  i thought the time travel part was well done. I had a few questions in the end , but i think it just me nitpicking ...  did not take away from the overall good time I had .

Willis is great and  so is Gordon Lewitt . 

Mike Powers

I think the time travel aspect was very poorly done, as it all unravels at the end with the climatic death of [redacted].

Black Death

I can nitpick the end to death ...don't have a problem with it...

Mike Powers

[spoiler]But JGL killing himself causes the entire movie to cease to exist.  NONE of it happened without Bruce Willis' coming back in time.[/spoiler]